Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Beautiful Katamari
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Beautiful Katamari - Sep 19, 2007 16:28
I downloaded this demo from live last night. Its very short (only 3 minutes to pick up things) but does look like fun. The graphics are quite bold and simplistic but I guess that' s not the main thing. I can' t see this being a big seller, but should prove to be an interesting diversion from all the other stuff out soon.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Beautiful Katamari - Sep 19, 2007 16:36
I think it would' ve been perfect for XBLA. Hopefully it' s not released as a $60 game...I just can' t imagine spending that much for that type of game regardless of how enjoyable it is.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Beautiful Katamari - Sep 19, 2007 18:25
Katamari is a game that should never have had a sequel. The first game was great, but the formula just doesn' t lend itself to sequels. I couldn' t even finish the demo because I was so bored.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Beautiful Katamari - Sep 19, 2007 18:33
I don' t think its worth a full-price release either - might be worth picking up when it hits the bargain bins, which is unfortunate in a way the 360 needs things like this to be successful to widen its appeal.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Beautiful Katamari - Sep 19, 2007 19:11
I think I want to buy it, as I missed the first game. I' m thinking 35$ is a good price to pay for the game.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Beautiful Katamari - Sep 19, 2007 20:53
Yeah sure it looks like the same game as the first two with there nonsensical storyline and there silly worlds, but who didn' t like the first two(I' m sure someone didn' t). They were fun and so if it is cheap enough I believe it will sell.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Beautiful Katamari - Sep 20, 2007 07:28

Katamari is a game that should never have had a sequel. The first game was great, but the formula just doesn' t lend itself to sequels. I couldn' t even finish the demo because I was so bored.

You were so bored you couldn' t finish a three minute demo? Do you ever find yourself crankily slapping at your own heart, snarling " QUIT IT!" And then sighing with petulant exasperation as it continues to beat... so predictably.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Beautiful Katamari - Sep 20, 2007 07:41
I thought it was pretty cool, the concept at least. But I didn' t care much for the controls. I think they should be simpler for a game like that.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll