Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What sort of gamer are you?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 19, 2005 02:09
Do you like your games to be story driven or all out action, or maybe you buy your games based on how nice they look or how good they reviewed. So what do you look for in a game? By the Way the above is just an example.

Me? I' m a huge fan of RPGS so I obviously like my games to have strong storylines, pleasent music and strategic battles. Having said that I' m also a big fan of action centric games, especially those with good physics. Your turn now.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 19, 2005 06:02
I love good stories. I a game doesn' t have a good story going for it I have trouble getting into it. That' s mainly for single player games though. Multiplayer games just need good gameplay mechanics to keep me hooked, and Live functionality is always a plus.

I' m also probably a little too obsessed over graphics. If the game doesn' t look good I have trouble getting into it.
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 19, 2005 06:20
Story isnt the most important thing to me in games.I love action, shooting,& FPS games. but as long as a game has O.K graphics and is fun i' ll play it

yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 19, 2005 11:35
70% online multiplayer, 30% everything else...
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 19, 2005 16:30
I like variety. I can easily go from Final Fantasy (excellent story) to Rumble Roses (the crappiest stories EVER. Even for fighting games!) I just like games that do what they' re supposed to do, and do it well.
Skrunch

• Total Posts : 7
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 20, 2005 12:50
I like FPS games, some racing games, action games, platforming games and some artistic games. Stories aren' t that important, but they can keep you interested for a while even if the game sucks in gameplay and graphics. Well, maybe not that interested.
KawaiiServantBoy

• Total Posts : 17
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 21, 2005 15:52
Story is definitely a plus, has to transition pretty well between scenes and action.

Gameplay has to be top notched with controls, if you can play the game without thinking of what to press next and just move around as if you were in the game. Then yes its all good.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 21, 2005 18:41
I' m a big fan of RPG' s so story does come first IMO. However, I enjoy FPS' s as well and love the action and adventure -- with a good story.
< Message edited by Sharon -- 22 Aug 05 2:43:04 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 22, 2005 13:03
It doesn' t matter,a great game is a great game for me,no matter what genre lets say i for ex controlling mario in:super mario sunshine,or following aeris faith at the altar (before jenova/sephiroth kill her) for the 3rd time in ff7 and doing so for the wait for the ff7 movie,or playing as masterchief and save the universum,or go head to head vs friend in CS:S,or challenge my friends in PGR3 with my safe volvo
I still have a blast.

But if i had to chose i would probably say RPG with a good story,but the lack of story can be fixed with characters...
Yes cid highwind was one of the best characters ever made in a rpg.
Some rpg' s i loves and think everyone should try...
FF4-FF10,chrono trigger,SwKotor,baldurs gate2,chrono cross,tales of destiny2 and tales of symphonia.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 22 Aug 05 21:07:11 >
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 23, 2005 17:17
I am a story girl myself. I predominantly play RPG types. But when I am group gaming, i want the game to be fast paced and action packed. I get bored to quickly in a group setting. Graphics aren' t a high priority.
Bjkblaze

• Total Posts : 6
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 23, 2005 17:32
I am all for a good story aslong if it has some action in it.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 24, 2005 15:56
I play everything, as long as the fun-factor is high enough, seriously. No Genre preferences, nothing.
Raide

• Total Posts : 20
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 24, 2005 16:18
Hello all! New face here ;)

I like a good balance of everything. Good graphics are important but not at the cost of gameplay. I love rpgs so having the graphics completely immerse me in the game work helps. Multiplayer is becoming more and more important but I tend to prefer co-op style and not just deathmatching. Big fan of MMORPG' s. Its the team based stuff and roleplaying I enjoy.
RisingPheonix

• Total Posts : 33
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 24, 2005 21:11
As l;ong as story is good graphics are good (doesn' t always matter) and i sense that its a good game also almost always MUST BE A RPG! Rpg Adventure and Fantasy is good... The reveiw is important, also the company is important (won' t play it if its from a bad rated company and You need a good battle system and the rating I never take anything below teen unless its rated REALLY GOOD!
Ogni

• Total Posts : 16
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 25, 2005 10:26
I used to prefer arcade and multiplayer games since I used to have lots of people coming over to my place. But that has changed over the last few years, now I prefer online games (PSO in particular) since I can play with other people and play with friends I don' t meet that often any more (we all moved someplace else).

Since I' m a Sega fanboy gaming has changed for me since the DC died, but I am sure (or at least I hope so) Sega will make a big comeback next generation now that they had some time to work on games. Really can' t wait for TGS, I hope there will be a lot of new announcements from Sega.
Raide

• Total Posts : 20
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 25, 2005 10:32
In some way, I hated Sega' s DC failing. That was the death of Sega has a hardware maker. The up side was Sega then did what they really do best...making/publishing games. For the 360, Sega have some great titles for release. Hopefully some of Sega' s greats and also new ideas will appear for next-gen systems. I for one cannot wait for Sega!
< Message edited by Raide -- 25 Aug 05 18:33:04 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 27, 2005 15:32
Good and fitting story is a big advantage to every type of game (METEOS ANYONE?) but the best thing about games has always been the gameplay.

Back in the days when you were playing Super Mario Bros - did u care about poor story?

Audio and visuals can really add to gameplay (Doom 3' s incredible atmosFEAR is a great example) and to story as well (voice acting).
For me it' s always gameplay , but like I said - some genres have audio, visuals and gameplay integrated.
darkness

• Total Posts : 12
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Aug 29, 2005 12:17
Im into pretty much all games, all types but mostly into RPG' s with strong storylines (Final Fantasy), Action & Stealth (MGS)
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Sep 01, 2005 13:20
I think a great game is a great game, but I really get into sports games for some reason....It' s always been that way though. Right now, Madden 06 is like my main focus....
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: What sort of gamer are you? - Sep 01, 2005 13:26
Yo eastwood is Madden 06 really that good?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message