Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Report: 360 might end up as a distant third.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Report: 360 might end up as a distant third. - Aug 02, 2007 19:11
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=126688

as i said before , 360 is worrying me lately, it seems like the heat that plagued sony over a year has moved now to Ms and for good reason i might add:

First: the price cut is a joke, the premium should cost by now 300$, the consle is 2 years old, about damn time for a significant price drop, 50$ is not psychologicaly right, i' ll be surprised if it made a great impact comes the 8th of august (allegedly the date of the price cut). i' m not talking business wise as they have their reasons, but consumer wise that' s a no no.

Second: Faulty Hardware might disocurage many people to buy the 360, even with the warranty extended that will not cut it.

Thirs: the lack of casual games and multiplatform games, games that kids, girls and even grown up might enjoy, exemple jax and dexter, Ratchet and clank, mario galaxy, Microsoft lack cruely of that kind of games or more precisely AAA platform games.

Fourth: The bluray is now the winning format, this encourage more people to head to ps3 as they can have a console + a blu ray, fantastic package.

Fifth: Their e3 line up for 2007 was truly fantastic but they didn' t announce any new ip or new great sequal for 2008, this worries a lot of gamers and give a bad impression on 360, yet upon close inspection 2008 seems also fantastic for 360 but definitly not on par sony line up. I should add that ps3 line up in 2007 is also Great.

Sixth: Microsoft should sign more TRUE exclusives, not temporarly exlusives and Not PC&360 ONly. those are good but not enough. i have a hard time to argue with my friend about the 360 being a fantastic console but he always bring one thing up, " why buy a 360 if most of its games will be released on pc ? i' d rather buy a ps3 so that i won' t miss any great sequals, such as god of war , gran turismo, jax and dexter, metal gear , final fantasy " their reasoning is flawed and i' m not going into that but the point is , they should close bad mouths and the 360&pc thing is not often good.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll