Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Stupidest. Decision. Ever.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 34
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 10:53

" It is accurate that at this time we will not support high-definition [on Revolution]," confirms Nintendo of America' s vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan.

This is the stupidest decision ever. F$%k, I love Nintendo, but why don' t they just go back to putting there games on carts too. I' m very pissed to hear something like this. Is there an emoticon I can use on Kikizo that lifts a Big Middle Finger to all the corportate folks at Nintendo, cause I' d sure like to use it about now.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 13:03
Perhaps the Revolution isn' t powerful enough to run games in HD with full anti-aliasing without a performance hit, and that' s why Nintendo removed HD support?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 13:38
Or maybe like they thought with Online gaming, they didn' t think the market was yet big enough to bother supporting it.
mxpx182

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 14:31
Or maybe they forgot to take there heads out of their asses when they were checking to see who was trying to steal their ideas. I' m actually surprised they let this out of the bag this early. Sony and Microsoft are sure to drop Hi-def support from their consoles now too.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 16:31
Because Nintendo knows what you, the gamer, wants! They always have and they always will! They are always a generation behind. This generation it was online like Terry said. They said people do not want to play games online. Next generation it is HD. That is the " in thing" for the next gen that everyone is touting. And I have already seen tons of people starting to purchase HDTV set JUST for the upcoming Xbox360 and/or the PS3. All of these people will be pissed. It is gaming that will help push HDTV forward, not vice-versa.

Nintendo is not about cutting edge. Nintendo is about what' s already been established 5 years ago by everyone else.

EDIT: I just read a quote from developer Silicon Knights somewhere that Nintendo doesn' t even plan on supporting component video out! SK doesn' t believe that will be true, however. Truly a giant step DOWN from the Gamecube if that is the case.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 12 Jun 05 0:40:03 >
Terry Bogard

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 16:47
Nintendo' s taking us back to the RF Switch days, LOL..
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 17:17
Nintendo do ruely make some stupid ass decisions, remember they said they would diffenly not come last this generation? hmmm,we didnt even get any game footage of revloution or specs! . I say Nintendos revloution will come out in a year or so. Then another year for it to finally get to europe, then the talks of 361 and ps4 have allready started! great plan Nintendo. [claps]

I read that they said " games are too long" , so for nintendo its back to the days of 5 mintute games eh? pick up the pad and play? no wonder nintendo is regarded as a childs console.

One smart move they made was to charge for its downloadable games, sure come on, whats the difference between mario party 3 and mario party 12?

In my opoion Nintendo need to shape up, they need to look at the current market, what they like, not that nintendo thinks what they like.
Joe Redifer

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 17:56
They should just provide an RF switch ONLY. That would make the video output options even less than the 1st generation NES.

Instead of saying many different things that have gamers everywhere groaning and writing off the Rev before it even comes out, they should just exit the hardware business altogether. It seems like they are trying to lose or something.
Silentbomber

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 18:07
do you know what joe? it dosent even need an RF output only, it even dosent even need a output cable, You can just Imagine how great the games are!
mxpx182

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 20:00
2 controllers only. That' s the move they' ll make. The revolution so far seems to be all about backwards. Backwards compatability. Backwards a step in Technology. Backwards *** thinking. **** I hope they prove me wrong, but this is looking like a dark time for Nintendo simply because they think they know what gamers want more than gamers do. When I go to Burger King, I don' t let the freakin 13 year old with Braces tell me what to get, no I say Whopper, and I say Bacon and she does it cause that' s her **** job.

(in an effort to curb my recent profanity I have to decided to replace all questionable words with stars. If you are under 18 the words above are but, g-wiz, and only)
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 12 Jun 05 4:03:42 >
Joe Redifer

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 20:10
Perhaps Nintendo just hates any gamers over 10? That must be the case.
Terry Bogard

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 20:14
Reggie Fils-aime: " Here at Nintendo we believe in tradition, and what originally brought us to the dance. That' s why the Revolution will mark the first non-3D based console released during the past 10 years... While our competitors are upping their poly counts we' re completely eliminating ours, we' re going NO polys and back to two dimensional sprites and bitmaps. This is the revolution that we offer gamers today."
Joe Redifer

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 22:09
One side of me think that' s a joke, terry, but another side of me sure hopes it' s not.
mxpx182

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 11, 2005 22:56
I was even too scared to type that Joe!!
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 12, 2005 01:14
Here is a real quote from Reggie that is quite sad itself:

" We' ve got lots of support from 3rd party developers. *At this point Reggie starts stuttering* We' ve got Batman coming on to the GC...and...EA is showing a lot of support too." -Not an exact quote but that' s basically how it went down on G4 last month.

The last time I checked almost every Batman game created was bad, so I can' t wait to play more on the GC!
mxpx182

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 12, 2005 09:37
I laughed quite hard at that. He actually even said Batman twice!
Joe Redifer

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 12, 2005 15:39
Hell, if they' ve got Batman, then they don' t need anything else! Not, HD, not sound, not anything!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 12, 2005 16:05

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Hell, if they' ve got Batman, then they don' t need anything else! Not, HD, not sound, not anything!

I totally agree!
Silentbomber

RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 12, 2005 17:33
See Nintendo will have some crappy gimik on it, maybe it will bring us back to the good old acrade days? no, not being able to play the classic games, but instead you will have to insert money to play. Just like any acrade. And a man called Larry will come around your house every thursday to collect the money.

The loading screen will have fluffy rabbits bounceing around the screen with some childrens laughter, and they wonder why they are regarded as a childs console?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Stupidest. Decision. Ever. - Jun 27, 2005 07:03
" Because we are original" . Like Mario party what ever the **** number we' re on. Now you get a mic. Top that Sony and MS. If I recall wasnt there Seaman on DC with this first and then TheNotSoBigN copied it with " Hey you, Pikachu" ? But anyway, nintendo has never made a decent console. Period. NES- completely outstripped by the Master System. SNES- crushed by Genesis. N64-Crushed by PS1 and DC. GameCube-crushed by PS2, Xbox, and Gizmondo. All jokes aside though, every console Nintendo has released has been half the power of its competitors or at least 3/4. Case point Mortal Kombat on SNES vs. Genesis.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 34

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message