Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 T3: Rise Of The Machines
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
T3: Rise Of The Machines - Jun 29, 2003 22:18
I so cant wait to see T3 now..if Adam' s review is accurate (which I trust it is) then my anticipation level just went through the roof.

Ill admit, I had alot of concerns about the quality of T3 after learning that Cameron wasnt on board and that it was going to be a Terminatrix...etc. Even some of the still shots worried me!@

But most importantly, I have also been waiting forever for the 3rd installment and now its hear and im looking forward to seeing it!!!
drew93084

• Total Posts : 114
RE: T3: Rise Of The Machines - Jun 30, 2003 04:31
yeah

this movie had ' crap flop' written all over it

it' s getting decent review
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: T3: Rise Of The Machines - Jun 30, 2003 08:54
It' s out on Wednesday in the US but the UK has to wait to August 1! Every country in the world gets it before the UK except about four including Iraq and Syria! Sucks.
as

• Total Posts : 2
RE: T3: Rise Of The Machines - Jul 01, 2003 01:23
Terminator 3:Rise of machines is a feast for everyone. All my friends who caught the screening loved it. Everyone was appreciating Mostow`s work. Well i have to see it for myself how Mostow saved one of the biggest franchise. I am trying to get the ticket for this Friday.
PeyloW

• Total Posts : 64
RE: T3: Rise Of The Machines - Jul 05, 2003 11:57
What worried me the most was the first trailer they released. It practically oozed of crap.

But then I saw a new trailer with matrix - Reloaded and I begun to think that it might be worth renting on Video at least. And now with the final trailer on www.quicktime.com and the maelstrom of good reviews from critics and fans. I am definitely sure this is a cinema worthy movie.

Too bad I have to wait until July 30 to see it. The cheap bastards at SF once again tried to save a few bucks by having a later release (Which means it costs less), and bite their own ass. It only means any " 3l4jt n33rd t33n will get the screener from internet before the premiere here and they lose tickets sales.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: T3: Rise Of The Machines - Jul 06, 2003 00:02
I was going to be like, " July 30th! Where the phuck do you live, Sweden?" Turns out I was right.
PeyloW

• Total Posts : 64
RE: T3: Rise Of The Machines - Jul 06, 2003 12:09
Yup sometimes it sucks, not often but with movies it does.

Basically there are two big contenders for importing movies; Sandrews and SF. There are a dozen others as well but they only import movies directly to video/dvd and independent films.
Sandrews and SF are the ones with money to import the big names as well as produce movies on their own. Admittedly SF has greater resources and often wins if there is a bidding war.
Importing movies is like buying used cars, if you import the movie to have a premiere on the same day as where you import it from then you pay full price. Already after a week the price has drop to about 50%, after after a month the price can have drop to 25% or less.
Apparently they did not want to pay full price for Terminator (Perhaps they decided that when they saw the first trailer and already then had made a deal that could not be remade).

Well in any case, both SF and Warner Brothers has made a mistake as both will lose money on the previously mentioned " screener" that every teen considering himself " l33t" will download instead.
But I guess big corporations are unable to change as fast as the rest of the world and thus their customers. Just look at how record labels still refuse to take advantage of Internet.
Spacepiston

T3 Review - Jul 13, 2003 06:06
Ok T3 was good in so many ways, and bad in so many others.

Great action sequences, the TX was great. The story itself was probably written well.

But the movie flops in all other catagories. Adam was wrong, I dont know how he could ever say a Terminator fan would appreciate this movie. I wish it was even close to as good as the first 2, but its not. Not by a longshot.

First, the main problem was the mood of the movie. Most scenes were filmed in the day. Not that its a big problem having daytime footage, but it just didnt feel right. Secondly was the music...completely boring,dull,lifeless,ordinary, and just a plain pathetic soundrack. they only during the credits did u feel like you were actually watching a Terminator movie. Music plays a big part in the feel of a movie...

Second, Arnold was horrible. I dont care what anybody says..he sucked. He plain sucked. I think he knew it too..which is why it didnt seem like he really even wanted to be there. I swear the look on his face was like, " im doing this cause im getting 30 million, but I just dont care otherwise" . Seriously! Not to mention he kept saying dumb things that didnt make him seem much like the Terminator frim T1/T2. Not to mention the " im programed with basic psychology subrutines" and other gay stuff like that. Lets not forget that he looked old. They should have used a different person I guess. I would have preferred Arnold to be a real bad terminator, not a " get away from me, my program has been corrupted!" The whole scene where he fights his programming was horrible. Hes a fricken machine, (like he mentions) which I wouldnt really expect him to share with us, but thanks to the overdone one-liners he has plenty to say through the whole movie. Basically I would have preferred to see Arnold as the bad guy again....

Third, The movie feels so rushed. Kinda like they filled a bunch of space with crap, and forgot to set up the mood of the movie, really explore any character backgrounds, and/or really dig into the struggle to escape the TX. Heck before I knew it they were in the bunker and the movie was over.

Fourth, The whole " skynet" taping was pure crap. All the sudden in the background one of the futuristic skynet aircraft is just hovering in a test chamber? Where the hell does that fit into the scene? Talk about squeezing stuff in. Then of course theres the whole " computer infection thing" which is hardly explained at all. We hardly even understand how the TX controls the squad cars or how she infects the computer network or how all that really ties into whats going on.

Fith, The futuristic battle scenes were about the best to see, accept they changed the whole mood of the future and made it seem...i donno..somehow less believable and faker then even the 84 shots. What they really should have done was based a movie on the furistic fighting on earth like all the T1/T2 shots were always flashing to. Heck the Universal Studios getup was more what I wanted! Figure if they used the future with John Conner and all the robots n stuff, it would have been cool, and you wouldnt have even needed Arnold, and since all the video-games n such were always based on the future fighting it just would have made sense to film a movie in that time-frame. Maybe T4.

Now the TX was a hot u know what. I could appreciate her looks and her kick-ass kill-em-all attitude. But I didnt understand how she was an anti-terminator, terminator but had only one anti-terminator weapon which easily broke, so she switches to a flame thrower? seriously. She played her part very well, like the T1000, but she cant hold the movie up herself.

Ok and finally the tie ins to the previous movies. Neat how they explained away Conner' s mom. but the stash of weapons in the coffin was so gay, and what happened to all of those later? Lets not forget his " wife" Amazing how they all came together. Conner being a criminal loser made sense, that guy played his part well.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but the trend is obvious.. Spend lots of money on special effects and forget about what makes a great movie great. I can sit down and watch The Terminator any day of the week, from beginning to end, or from middle to end. It doesnt matter cause its so great. Films from the 80' s were all especially good at perfecting all the small stuff. Its the small stuff that makes movies like The Terminator or even T2 great. You take time to make verything perfect, and unique, fresh, and believable. I swear its been lost! I think the Lord Of the Rings is about the only movies in so many years that really might last over the years..what else though? Matrix Reloaded? No..sorry..its not going to be one of those movies that you watch 10 years from now..it just wasnt all that. Road Warrior? Yea I bet thats still on in 10 years, because good movies dont die.

T3 RATING: 5/10
Spacepiston

RE: T3: Rise Of The Machines - Jul 13, 2003 06:11
OH YEA

The absolutely gayest part of the movie? TX kicks Arnolds head right off his body. He is effectively dead! I dont see how he could have survived... Yet he mysteriously comes back to life and then locks his head back into his body with a quick turn and click? I mean COME ON@! For FUCKING REAL? That was the point where the movie lost all credibility in my book. If you ask me he should have really died there and they should have just went on w/o him.

I cant believe that Mostow did that. Hes the director he could have changed it so that it was more believable...I don think thats what Cameron would have done with that scene, it was so cheap and pathetic.
MuteCity

• Total Posts : 159
RE: T3: Rise Of The Machines - Jul 31, 2003 19:36
I had more gripes than likes about this movie also. Something else I thought I would throw on the pile is: I found Claire Danes' character to be totally unconvincing. Especially the part where she pulled a gun on Ahnold.
The movie felt like too much of a rehash to me, and very rushed as was pointed out. I agree for the most part on Spacepiston' s comments.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll