Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Breaking News! Halo 2 Has Been Leaked!!!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Breaking News! Halo 2 Has Been Leaked!!! - Oct 14, 2004 11:41
I have included the two stories about the piracy leak, because each has important information within...

HALO 2 LEAKS OUT...

Je suis un Master Chief?

10:36 According to reports from the US, complete code for Halo 2, the most important Xbox launch of the year, has leaked out onto the net, with just under a month to go before it' s released in Europe on November 11.
The reported release is said to be a complete PAL version of the game with French dialogue and is thought to be being distributed via file sharing networks and newsgroups.

Je suis un Master Chief? Oui, but non bien.

If true, this will be extremely irritating for the Washington, Redmond giant which has taken great pains to conceal the single-player portion of the Master Chief' s latest adventure from the paying public.

While it' s understandable that demand for Halo 2 is huge, surely having waited this long, it' s worth waiting a few more weeks for a complete and unexpurgated version of the Master Chief' s adventure, exactly as Bungie intended you to play it?

Also, reports state that the code is only playable on chipped/modified Xbox consoles, and that the Live portion of Halo 2 isn' t accessible at all.

Microsoft' s official response to the news was as follows: " Microsoft has learned that a version of Halo 2 has been posted to various newsgroups and web sites. We consider downloading this code or making it available for others to download as theft.

" We are currently investigating the source of this leak with the appropriate authorities. Pending the result of our investigation, we do not have further comment. Microsoft takes the integrity of its intellectual property extremely seriously, and we are aggressively pursuing the source of this illegal act.

" The launch of Halo 2 worldwide remains unaffected.

" We' re asking anyone with information on the source of this leak to contact Microsoft at 1-800-RULEGIT or send email to piracy@microsoft.com."

John Houlihan

Pirates release Halo 2 - Gamespot

Microsoft' s biggest Xbox release for 2004 has been leaked onto the Internet.
Late last night, 27 days before its officially scheduled retail release, an allegedly complete version of Microsoft' s upcoming first-person shooter, Halo 2, was leaked onto the Internet. The pirated release, said to be a PAL version of the game with French-language dialogue, is currently making its way around various Usenet newsgroups and peer-to-peer networks. There has been no word on where, or how the game originally surfaced at this time. It should be noted that players who download the game illegally could face a maximum penalty of $100,000 per infringement for copyright violations.

Halo 2, which continues the adventures of Master Chief with an all-new single-player adventure, as well as Xbox Live support for Internet-based multiplayer, is scheduled to hit retail shelves on November 9. We' ll have more on this story as it develops.

By Staff -- GameSpot

< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 10/14/2004 11:48:32 AM >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Breaking News! Halo 2 Has Been Leaked!!! - Oct 14, 2004 12:25
All I can say is I hate theives. Always have, always will.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Breaking News! Halo 2 Has Been Leaked!!! - Oct 14, 2004 13:19
Now I dont mind the file sharing of music but thats about it. This is some BS, weve all waited this long and its only one month away WTF?! Why bother now.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Breaking News! Halo 2 Has Been Leaked!!! - Oct 14, 2004 22:31
Who would want a French version. Or a PAL version? Bleh!
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Breaking News! Halo 2 Has Been Leaked!!! - Oct 15, 2004 08:52
Another Reason to hate the french.
DaRoosh65

RE: Breaking News! Halo 2 Has Been Leaked!!! - Oct 18, 2004 12:19
I hope they catch the culprit(s), and make them do humiliating things like dress up as a Covenant grunt only to have the Master Chief beat the he** out of them!!!

In public!!!
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Breaking News! Halo 2 Has Been Leaked!!! - Oct 18, 2004 20:40
A guy from my clan has played Halo 2. Someone in his dorm downloaded it and had the modded Xbox. He says the one player isn' t that great since it' s in french, but the MP was pretty basic. He said that the MP is going to be badass. What sucks though is that he' s getting all this extra practice for the online battles, and I' m going to have to work to beat him.
DaRoosh65

RE: Breaking News! Halo 2 Has Been Leaked!!! - Oct 19, 2004 00:55
I wouldn' t be surprised if M$ and Bungie sent someone to your friend' s clan member' s home to discuss his (or her) pending $100,000 fine and the strong possibility that he (or she) will spend some serious jail time.

I hope they get what they deserve!!!

They should have waited like everyone else!!!

Da** hackers and cheaters!!!
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Breaking News! Halo 2 Has Been Leaked!!! - Oct 21, 2004 09:14
If u get cought downloading HALO 2 u will be fined around $100,000.

Extra $ to make HALO 3

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message