Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Goldeneye on XBL ARCADE?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Goldeneye on XBL ARCADE? - Feb 22, 2006 06:17
IGN :

(...)While Goldeneye is still up in the air, since rumors are now formulating that Microsoft may include a multiplayer version on their Xbox Arcade(...)

It' s about a survey for Nintendo Revolution Virtual Console and there was Goldeneye listed.

That' s really interesting.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Goldeneye on XBL ARCADE? - Feb 22, 2006 06:21
Edit.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 21 Feb 06 22:21:52 >
Nitro

RE: Goldeneye on XBL ARCADE? - Feb 22, 2006 06:24
Do Rare own the copyrights though?

While they could do the original Perfect Dark with no problems, i think they' d need to purchase the copyrights from the filmcompany?!

Who makes the 007 films?

Is it a recent story? Link?

I' d love to see Goldeneye on Nintendos' Virtual Console, i' d be interested to see how it would handle with the controller!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Goldeneye on XBL ARCADE? - Feb 22, 2006 06:29
EA owns the Bond Licence now.

Movies - MGM owned by Sony.

I don' t know how it looks from Nintendo' s perspective.

But that doesn' t make it impossible.

Still it' s just a rumour but an interesting one.

Check IGN' s Retro Remix 3 feature - and it' s in the article about " Sin and Punishment" by Treasure.

I wouldn' t bother though since I copied everything there is about it.

It is new - this week I think.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 21 Feb 06 22:31:25 >
Nitro

RE: Goldeneye on XBL ARCADE? - Feb 22, 2006 06:38
I didn' t even know Sony owned MGM...

Either way though, Perfect Dark could be done, but was Goldeneye better than Perfect Dark in either sibgle or multi-player?!

I spent months perfecting my Goldeneye on N64, i broke 2 pads (the analog stick was dodgy anyway and never lasted long)..

I would be nice for Nintendo to have one and Microsoft the other. I guess the opportunities for Xbox Live Arcade are limitless..
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Goldeneye on XBL ARCADE? - Feb 22, 2006 06:41
Hmm okay :P
i dont think i will pay for it though >_< its not so amazing for me anymore.
Nitro

RE: Goldeneye on XBL ARCADE? - Feb 22, 2006 06:44
I think everything on Nintendos' Virtual Console will be charged for just like Live Arcade.

It' d be nice it some stuff was free though, even if it was just the ability to play online without having to be a Gold member. That wouldn' t be too much to ask really.

Geometry Wars was worth it though!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Goldeneye on XBL ARCADE? - Feb 22, 2006 06:48
I dont think Sony would Microsoft using one of the Licenses [they part own, sony only bought mgm about a year ago or two ago]. Altough then again Sony have stated that Microsoft isnt competition and would be willing to work with microsoft [they did!]

So this idea isnt out of the window. Heh, all three major games compnays have all taken a bite out of this.

Sony: Own Mgm, which makes Bond.
Nintendo: With Rare made Goldeneye 64
Microsoft: looking for Goldeneye and now have Rare under their belt.

Its unlikey.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Goldeneye on XBL ARCADE? - Feb 22, 2006 06:48
I believe that since goldeneye was only ever available for the N64, and it was an officially licensed game, that somehow Nintendo' s got there paws on it, and I doubt it' s be able to happen for x-box live. Purely a guess, it' s what I think.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Goldeneye on XBL ARCADE? - Feb 22, 2006 19:17

Either way though, Perfect Dark could be done, but was Goldeneye better than Perfect Dark in either sibgle or multi-player?!

Yeah much better :)
But Goldeneye wiould be great too

I didn' t even know Sony owned MGM...

Yeah it' s a pretty fresh deal.
They own a lot more - that' s the only reason they can fight the Next Gen DVD format War

I dont think Sony would Microsoft using one of the Licenses [they part own, sony only bought mgm about a year ago or two ago]. Altough then again Sony have stated that Microsoft isnt competition and would be willing to work with microsoft [they did!]

It' s different - they own the Movie rights , but the game licence belongs to EA.

I believe that since goldeneye was only ever available for the N64, and it was an officially licensed game, that somehow Nintendo' s got there paws on it, and I doubt it' s be able to happen for x-box live. Purely a guess, it' s what I think.

That could be the reason for not implementing single player - since you can make a multiplayer game without using it' s licence so hard - but who knows.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll