Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Favourite Snes/MegaDrive (Genesis) game?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Favourite Snes/MegaDrive (Genesis) game? - May 14, 2007 22:21
Most people here will have experienced the generation from the beginning and played the games at the time, and it can probably be agreed that it was the most memorable generation in videogaming history. So, what was you favourite Snes or MegaDrive game?

I' d probably go for the multi-platform Flashback, released on 3DO, Jaguar, MegaDrive and Snes amongst others. I had the Snes version.

Gorgeous 2D visuals, fantastic animation, a cool early 90' s soundtrack, ...i spent months playing it, then when i got my first PSP and a Snes emulator was working i played through it again. It' s easily still my favourite 2 dimensional platform game and if it ends up on XBLA or PSN i' ll be playing it all over again.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Favourite Snes/MegaDrive (Genesis) game? - May 14, 2007 22:37
It' s tough to say, since there are so many fantastic memories from the time, but I' m going to have to say Lufia 2 was my favourite game of that generation. The dungeons were great, puzzles were challenging, skills, characters and graphics were great (for a SNES game).

There was not a single aspect of that game that I did not like. I' ve played all of the greats (FF' s, Chrono Trigger/Cross, etc) and any other JRPG I could get my hands on, and every time Lufia 2 came out ahead.

I' ve ranted about my love for this game before on these forums, so I' ll just stop here before I churn out ten more paragraphs of praise. In short: Lufia 2 was perfection IMO.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Favourite Snes/MegaDrive (Genesis) game? - May 14, 2007 22:39
Flashback was a great game, I had it on the Amiga.

Powermonger was the game I enjoyed playing most on the Megadrive.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Favourite Snes/MegaDrive (Genesis) game? - May 15, 2007 02:30
Flashback was beautiful, but maddeningly difficult... hard to grasp the controls as there seemed to be a slight delay between a button push and the timing of the subsequent jump. Great cinematic cutscenes.

My favorite Genesis/MegaDrive game is Revenge of Shinobi. Lean, tight, epic, thoroughly badass. Its sequels were all to a high standard as well.
Gamer

• Total Posts : 160
RE: Favourite Snes/MegaDrive (Genesis) game? - May 15, 2007 05:38
I dunno if i can pick a favorite, but I really enjoyed Jewel Master for genesis. Great sidescroller and you could mix different rings to make different powers, was really fun.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Favourite Snes/MegaDrive (Genesis) game? - Jun 02, 2008 22:19
I even started this one!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages