Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts?
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts? - Apr 16, 2008 07:06
I got my copy on the weekend and got some hours to try it out. It contains MGS1 2 disks , MGS2 Substance 1 disk and MGS3 Subsistance 1st disk only. So this collection is missing the MGS1 VR training disk and MGS3 Subsustance 2nd disk which also contains VR training. I consider those to be important parts of the Metal Gear saga and expected to find them in the package.
What do you guys think?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts? - Apr 16, 2008 08:04
Just wait for the Metal Gear Solid: Ultimate Essential Collection
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts? - Apr 16, 2008 08:22

MGS3 Subsustance 2nd disk which also contains VR training

you must mean mgs2, it also is missing the two extra discs from the mgs3 special edition.
GrayFox

RE: MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts? - Apr 16, 2008 13:49
MGS2 substance is one disk only. The VR training is there in the disk. MGS3 Subsistance is 2 disks. When you press start it even clearly says DISK 1 in the upper right corner. I didnt mention the 3rd disk video special because it has nothing to do with actual gamplay so i can see why they ditched it but VR training disks (MGS1, MGS3)? I want them!

Just wait for the Metal Gear Solid: Ultimate Essential Collection

The Japanese got themselves a special package containing every MGS to date in the 20th anniversary.
< Message edited by GrayFox -- 16 Apr 08 5:51:44 >
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts? - Apr 17, 2008 01:29
MGS3 didn' t have VR missions. I have my copy of Subsistence. What it has is Snake Vs Monkey, MG1 and MG2, plus a whole bunch of amazing spoof videos.

Unless I am missing something
GrayFox

RE: MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts? - Apr 17, 2008 02:16

MGS3 didn' t have VR missions. I have my copy of Subsistence. What it has is Snake Vs Monkey, MG1 and MG2, plus a whole bunch of amazing spoof videos.

Unless I am missing something

Nope its my bad. You are absolutely right, it doesnt have VR missions.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll