MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts?

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
  • Reward points : 0
MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts? - Apr 16, 2008 07:06
I got my copy on the weekend and got some hours to try it out. It contains MGS1 2 disks , MGS2 Substance 1 disk and MGS3 Subsistance 1st disk only. So this collection is missing the MGS1 VR training disk and MGS3 Subsustance 2nd disk which also contains VR training. I consider those to be important parts of the Metal Gear saga and expected to find them in the package.
What do you guys think?

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts? - Apr 16, 2008 08:04
Just wait for the Metal Gear Solid: Ultimate Essential Collection
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts? - Apr 16, 2008 08:22

MGS3 Subsustance 2nd disk which also contains VR training

you must mean mgs2, it also is missing the two extra discs from the mgs3 special edition.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

GrayFox
RE: MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts? - Apr 16, 2008 13:49
MGS2 substance is one disk only. The VR training is there in the disk. MGS3 Subsistance is 2 disks. When you press start it even clearly says DISK 1 in the upper right corner. I didnt mention the 3rd disk video special because it has nothing to do with actual gamplay so i can see why they ditched it but VR training disks (MGS1, MGS3)? I want them!

Just wait for the Metal Gear Solid: Ultimate Essential Collection

The Japanese got themselves a special package containing every MGS to date in the 20th anniversary.
< Message edited by GrayFox -- 16 Apr 08 5:51:44 >

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts? - Apr 17, 2008 01:29
MGS3 didn' t have VR missions. I have my copy of Subsistence. What it has is Snake Vs Monkey, MG1 and MG2, plus a whole bunch of amazing spoof videos.

Unless I am missing something

GrayFox
RE: MGS the Essential Collection missing some essential parts? - Apr 17, 2008 02:16

MGS3 didn' t have VR missions. I have my copy of Subsistence. What it has is Snake Vs Monkey, MG1 and MG2, plus a whole bunch of amazing spoof videos.

Unless I am missing something

Nope its my bad. You are absolutely right, it doesnt have VR missions.