Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Which game didnt get enough attention?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 12, 2006 13:50
This as a thread to advertise games you love, even though the reviewers didnt like it, or the public didnt pick it up.

It could be a game like Beyond Good and Evil or Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 12, 2006 14:06
Mercenaries and Pyschonauts.

THEY NEED YOUR LOVE GET YER ASS OUT AND BUY' M YAAAAAY !!!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 12, 2006 14:31
1 game: VIRTUA QUEST!!

Everyone around the world disappointed me when it came to showing that game some love. Reviewers panned it, some for incredibly stupid reasons such as the main character looking " too anime inspired" , WHAT????????

Japan, the Virtua Fighter capital of the world didn' t touch the game with a 9 foot pole, I.. I...I become sooo disgusted with the world whenever I think about how the game was ignored!

I thought some of the music in the game was just AWESOME! I still listen to the tunes I recorded to disc.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 13 Jan 06 0:45:05 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 12, 2006 15:09
It' s true, that game did have some mighty good music.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 12, 2006 17:19
Everytime someone brings up 2D fighters, it' s Street Fighter this, and KOF that! Where' s the love for Guilty Gear man?! I mean, the game-play is simply superb, as far as 2D fighters go. Street Fighter and KOF WISH they had graphics as good! I suppose the only questionable aspect would be the actual characters. They' re kinda weird, but I like them! Just a matter of opinion, I suppose. The game IS fun as hell though (even if the final boss does hand me my ass EVERY SINGLE TIME!)

Don' t get me wrong; Street Fighter and KOF are classics, and deserving of the praise that they got a long time ago, but damn! Can they update those mother-f***ers! If you' re gonna milk the cow, at least make it look better after 10-15 years! I mean, c' mon!!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 12, 2006 17:25
Shadows of Destiny. Porbably never heard of it. It was one of the generation 1 games for the PS2 (not launch) made by Konami. To this day I check message boards for rumors of a sequel. Man I loved that game.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 12, 2006 23:00
Seriously, Advent Rising did not receive good reviews cuz it had some slowdowns on the old xboxes, I have a v1.4 and it slowed down just a bit. But god that game rocks man, cool control mechanism (flick targeting) comics style (characters have long lengs and short upper body) and u have powers, and the scenery. The music is sooooo sick, they used an orchestra. U guys should check it out for xbox and PC.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 13, 2006 00:04
I think the game Planescape: Torment, didnt get enough attention, it is the best RPG ever made, it has the coolest story and character, once again, its a game made by black isle studios!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 13, 2006 04:16
Guilty Gear looks fantastic but gameplay is poor comparing to SF 3rd Strike and Garou MArk of the Wolves in my opinion.

Shadow of Destiny/Memories - I played it mxpx :) it was fun and had a nice atmosphere.

Eternal Darkness - one of the best story driven games this generation.

Otogi II for X - incredible graphics and crazy action.

Yoshi touch and go - one of my favourite DS games - it' s just so much fun and I love to play for highscore just like Crazy Taxi.

Both Resident Evil 1 and Zero for GameCube - graphics are way over superb and games are fantastic - and RE1 is changed a lot with new stuff (story as well) that it' s worth it.

Viewtiful Joe (PS2/GCN)- that game is pure gameplay and fantastic to look at.

Rallisport Challenge 2 (xbox)- the best (most realistic) graphics for a racing game this generation and arcade like feeling.

There are so many cool games people just don' t care about.It' s not like " fuck' em ,I can play them if I want" cause if games like that don' t sell well , there won' t be more risk taking.
shit ...
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 13 Jan 06 12:18:08 >
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 13, 2006 04:37
Mercenaries and Jet Set Radio Future both for Xbox diddnt get much recognition, and those were some great games.
< Message edited by boss hogg -- 13 Jan 06 12:41:19 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 14, 2006 23:11
Yeah I think MErcenaries should' ve been much more popular than GTA SAN ANdreas - this game is polished and fantastic.

I didn' t like Jet Set Radio Future since it' s a downgraded version of Jet Set Radio from DC with nicer graphics.To many cool ideas were cut out and I have no idea why.
SaFt

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 15, 2006 21:55
Shenmue, it`s a fantastic game in every way, but somehow, it didnt sell all that good.

Another good game would be Little Big Adventure 2 (First one was named Relentless but was later changed to Little Big Adventure). And it seems like no one really have played this masterpiece, everytime i talk about the game with anyone they`re just starring at me in a strange way.

Then we have (dont complain, i really like this game) Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex for the Playstation 2, it`s nothing special but it`s a good game with fun Multiplayer.
< Message edited by SaFt -- 16 Jan 06 5:58:18 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 16, 2006 01:16
What about The Movies? a brillant pc game that i allready see for sale at very low prices. Frenhenit [indgo profecy in the u.s] is a brillant modern day ponit and click adventure, its very good. lods of other i cannot think of right now.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 16, 2006 02:13
Everyone here must live under a rock, because the Mercenaries commercial ran repeatedly here in the states and is the best selling LucasArts game in recent memory (source for the sale statement: Geoff Keighley in a recent OXM) Two very forgotten yet briliant games on Xbox were The Chronicles of Riddick and Jet Set Radio Future. For the PS2, I would have to be Psychonauts (on Xbox as well). As for the Gamecube, I would have to say almost every good title, which I would assume is the fault of Nintendo' s 3rd position in the console race and possibly lack of funds, a shame for games like Eternal Darkness and Geist.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 17, 2006 05:58
Eternal Darkness and Geist both suck. Now Windwaker and RE4 are good games on GC. Role on Twilight Princess!!!

I don' t think Conkers Bad Fur Day for N64 got the attention it deserved!

]GaNgStA[

RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 17, 2006 09:25
I don' t care about geist but you have no idea what you' re talking about when you say stuff like that about Eternal Darkness - check the reviews for example.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Which game didnt get enough attention? - Jan 17, 2006 09:48
Again, personal preference. I didn' t like it and found more stuff on Gamecube to occupy my time, ...like Pikmin!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll