Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 COD4 Feature Patch finally up
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Feb 29, 2008 23:48
TEAMXBOX

Below is the info provided by Infinity Ward on some of the new features found in this patch:

New Kill Cams

We’ve added new Kill Cams for everything. So now those “WTF!” grenades that seemingly come from no where, you can see that a guy threw it over the house, it hit a tree branch, bounced off a rock, into a tiny window, where you happened to be pointing out of, and say…… whoa. Follow behind RPGs and M203’s kill cams, claymores, Airstrikes where you can follow the bomb from the plane until it hits you.

Host Migration

Now you won’t have to be dropped back by yourself when a host leaves. Instead, everyone will stay together, a new host will be assigned, and the game will auto-start back up. Keeping everyone together, no more re-inviting, re-joining games because some host leaves. This has been a tall order and something that we’ve put a lot of work into which has allowed us to really optimize online play all around not just specifically with Host migration.

Improved Sniper / ACOG Accuracy

Sniper and ACOG scopes have been tweaked and are really improved. I use to not snipe at all (mainly because I’m a horrible sniper), but now it’s so much more fluid and natural, while still having the same difficulty to use, it has no more “WTF I know I hit that guy!” moments.

Upgraded Spectator Cam

Now when you’re in spectator mode you can follow them in 3rd person, switch to their first person view, or rotate the camera in a full 360 degrees around whoever you’re watching.

Quick Mute Option

Users will now be able to quick mute players on the fly by pulling up the scoreboard in-game or via the lobby by simply going to their name and hitting the mute assigned button. As quickly as calling in and designating an airstike. So no longer getting killed while trying to make your way through the Xbox blades for the mute option so you can shut up the guy who always seems to find it funny to sing into his mic or cover up for his lack of skill by telling you how to play Domination his way.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Mar 01, 2008 00:03
Excellent, will see how these change things when I' m on tonight.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Mar 01, 2008 00:13

Improved Sniper / ACOG Accuracy

Thank God.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Mar 01, 2008 02:01
Gotta say I like every one of those changes.

Maybe now I will try th ACOG scope. I only ever used Red Dot Sights until now.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Mar 01, 2008 06:02
Fuck yeah. I should play tonight. Maybe only around midnight though.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Mar 01, 2008 07:03
midnight US or UK time?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Mar 01, 2008 07:35

ORIGINAL: Ornodeal

midnight US or UK time?

Probably Canada time!

Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Mar 01, 2008 08:06
The updates are so damn nice. Host migration works but it still ends the game in progress and restarts to an entirely new round. The acog and sniper scope work. The new cams are also a nice addition.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Mar 01, 2008 12:18

Probably Canada time!

Midnight Quebec time. As in, 1 hour from now. I' m exhausted though, I can' t even see straight. I' ll check out the updates before I go to bed and play more tomorrow.

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Mar 01, 2008 13:10
sweet guess i have to play COD4 tonight.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Mar 01, 2008 17:19
The new patch is awesome. Sniping is so, so much better now, you never get random wtf misses anymore. The new death cams for nades and airstrikes are pretty cool. I like having a death cam on the airstrikes so you don' t have to respawn instantly after you die and risk getting killed twice by the same strike. It was also nice being able to stay in the same party the whole time I played.

I just went off with the sniper rifle though. I had multiple games with 0 deaths.
I didn' t get to try out the ACOG scope yet since the patch, but the regular sniper scopes are definitely fixed.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Mar 01, 2008 22:23
hmm I wonder if this is ps3 bound?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: COD4 Feature Patch finally up - Mar 02, 2008 00:18
Silly Silent. Just be glad your version actually works now.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll