Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MotorStorm delayed until February, Heavenly Sword and Lair set for March
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
MotorStorm delayed until February, Heavenly Sword and Lair set for March - Nov 13, 2006 19:03

[bPS3' s Next Big Three Dated
MotorStorm, Lair, Heavenly Sword are all given release spots.
by Nix

US, November 10, 2006 - Is there any chance that Evolution Studios will hurry up the highly-anticipated MotorStorm for a surprise 2006 release in the as rumored? The racing game' s release date has shifted several times over the last few months, and the Japanese launch in December gave reason to the rumor. Sony Computer Entertainment looks to have finally put the rumor to bed for the last time in a pamphlet included inside the PlayStation 3 on upcoming titles -- MotorStorm is a February 2007 title.

Included inside every PS3 release in the US is this pamphlet promoting several games out and coming up for PlayStation 3. Most notable of the games (which also include Resistance, Genji, NBA 07, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Gundam: Crossfire, Untold Legends: Dark Kingdoms, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Call of Duty 3, and Full Auto 2) are a few games that have only had tentative release plans outlined so far ... if at all, in some cases. The dirty racing game MotorStorm is listed as a February 2007 title. Factor 5' s ambitious dragon slayer Lair is listed for a March 2007 release. And the awe-inspiring Heavenly Sword is listed for release in March. All three are coming from Sony Computer Entertainment, and none of the three have an ESRB rating yet.

US early adopters just got screwed.
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: MotorStorm delayed until February, Heavenly Sword and Lair set for March - Nov 13, 2006 20:40
as usual....
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: MotorStorm delayed until February, Heavenly Sword and Lair set for March - Nov 13, 2006 21:32
Uhm Isn' t Motorstorm finished? They' ve played the finished title hasn' t they? What' s the problem? And Heavenly Sword looked almost finished at E3 2006. They had plenty of time to finish this. What the ****! Lair, maybe but the two other games?

My sympathys to thoose who live in US. For me it doesn' t really matter since the whole PS3 is delayed here in europe.
< Message edited by JalleNalle -- 13 Nov 06 13:33:33 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: MotorStorm delayed until February, Heavenly Sword and Lair set for March - Nov 13, 2006 22:39
Motorstorm plays like shit, that' s the problem. And the graphics need major tune-ups, especially the texture work.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 13 Nov 06 14:39:13 >
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: MotorStorm delayed until February, Heavenly Sword and Lair set for March - Nov 13, 2006 23:49
If all of these games show up for the European launch, I' ll be a happy man
< Message edited by Calintz -- 13 Nov 06 15:49:56 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: MotorStorm delayed until February, Heavenly Sword and Lair set for March - Nov 14, 2006 09:55
Honestly, the only games that appear even slightly desireable to me are Heavenly Sword, MGS, and Resistance. They don' t seem good enough for me to pay $600 for the system though. Not to keep, anyway!

Now that they' re delaying Motorstorm, guess what? Who gives a RAT' S ASS! Played it, and it was SH*TTY! They need to start from the ground up or cancel that one.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: MotorStorm delayed until February, Heavenly Sword and Lair set for March - Nov 15, 2006 05:55
MotorStorm looks/plays great, the game its done and will be on japan by Dicember, but whitout online play, thats the reason why it wont be here until Feb. HeavenlySword could be ready by March but theres no way in hell Lair will ship before June 07, yet im pretty happy because MotoRtorm and HeavelySword look fantastic, just add Virtua Fighter and Gran Turismo HD to the mix and we are all done here.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: MotorStorm delayed until February, Heavenly Sword and Lair set for March - Nov 15, 2006 09:09
OHH MY TEH NOZZZERZ, NOT MMMMMMMOTORSTORMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

motorStorm looks/plays great, the game its done and will be on japan by Dicember, but whitout online play, thats the reason why it wont be here until Feb. HeavenlySword could be ready by March but theres no way in hell Lair will ship before June 07, yet im pretty happy because MotoRtorm and HeavelySword look fantastic, just add Virtua Fighter and Gran Turismo HD to the mix and we are all done here.

yeah it does look and play great... that is if you were nothing but a sony fanboy that would never down a sony game
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: MotorStorm delayed until February, Heavenly Sword and Lair set for March - Nov 15, 2006 09:49
Motorstorm is no playable at certain PS3 kiosks at Best Buy. They have it out hdown in Miami. My friend that went to E3 with me is playing it right now, he just gave me a call. He said it still looks and plays like crap and they even took out the paralax map they were using on the groud for the fake deformable terrain which is a step backwards from E3. Still has crap textures and jaggies he said. Lol... wow.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: MotorStorm delayed until February, Heavenly Sword and Lair set for March - Nov 15, 2006 10:10
Framerate is also horrible ranging from 30 down to 10 frames per second. This is mainly because of the added cars... he said there' s like 18-24 now, which is cool except it hurts the framrate.

Also the lack of the paralax map is because of the level. They are on rocks for the demo level so it still might be there, just in other levels.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll