Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Do you see PC as the 4th gaming system?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Do you see PC as the 4th gaming system? - Dec 19, 2005 13:13
The thing is - PC games were supposed to die , but with games like F.E.A.R , Half Life 2 and World of Warcraft -they actually are pretty well.

I' m not playing those games (except Half Life 2 on Xbox) because it costs to much to keep your PC up to date plus there are enough games on consoles, but I realise how cool and polished some PC titles are.

I wonder if many of you consider PC as the 4th (this generation : 1st Sony , 2nd MS , 3rd Nintendo) pillar of gaming at home ?

Do you hate PC games for the lack of " comfort" that Console gaming gives?

Post your thoughts people.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Do you see PC as the 4th gaming system? - Dec 19, 2005 13:18
I love pc games, and i wish i could afford keeping my pc uptodate, but i cant plain and simply. so im sticking with the consoles, got my 360, and ill be getting a revolution when its released
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Do you see PC as the 4th gaming system? - Dec 19, 2005 13:20
There are certain games that I play on my PC, but when I talk about Video Games, I don' t really consider them in that category. I don' t know, my computer serves a different purpose than a game cube. I don' t take the time and energy (not to mention money) to keep my computer as a fully functional gaming machine, it isn' t worth it to me. There are specially designed machines for that.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Do you see PC as the 4th gaming system? - Dec 19, 2005 13:21
i got two consoles and pc

first place PS2
then comes my PC ( i can play games like fear with maximum in most settings)
and last X box
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Do you see PC as the 4th gaming system? - Dec 19, 2005 14:08
I consider my PC as my 1st gaming system tbh. Then my other consoles soon to include the 360.

Its not really all on one scale tho. Even tho PC and consoles compete, the PC offers something altogether different to consoles. Eg the 360 offers me high definition, high budget, polished games in a comfortable living room setting with that no hassle plug and play feel.

But my PC offers me games just as high def (FEAR is the best looking game I' ve played to date inc the 360 line up!), which I feel I have more control and more freedom with. Plus there are more small budget, less well known titles with a lot of creativity that dont make it to consoles.

You know, I get fantastic experiences on console with Burnout Revenge or PGR3, but I feel I get a more in-depth and involving experience with a racing sim such as GT Legends.

Its a different appeal which I dont think will ever die out or even become hardcore/niche. Just remain expensive! There are many developers willing to support the PC for this reason so I wouldnt be so surprised that FEAR, HL2 or WoW are so good.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 19 Dec 05 22:35:42 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Do you see PC as the 4th gaming system? - Dec 19, 2005 14:23
Pc is cool and everything,and best on fps and strategy its just that...
I like console games much more,pc gaming is all about hardware upgrading and weird problems that might occuer and controls that might be bad,and so on.
Also pc cost so much but dont deliver...
Yes a pc can be used to so much more,but we talking about gaming,and pc will probably be my 4th,however people who do piracy might use it as a 2nd or first...
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Do you see PC as the 4th gaming system? - Dec 19, 2005 14:34
No, I don' t use my pc for gaming. Honestly, some of the titles I used to play on the pc, I wish they' d release on a console. I HATE tweaking settings and problem solving shit in computer games when a console is pretty much no fuss.

My last two experiences with computer games ended badly. The first was Warcraft III. I liked it a lot, and played it quite a bit, then my hard drive died and I couldn' t bring myself to start playing again. Once I got a new pc I started playing Half-Life 2, but it always gives me problems. It looks really good when it' s running right, but after playing for about 10 minutes it starts going all funky on me. It' s probably my graphics card, but I can' t be bothered to do anything about it because I don' t have any other problems with my pc.

Really my only regret is not being able to play real time strategy games. They don' t really have anything good on consoles in that genre. I would like to see some Command and Conquer or Starcraft on a console. I' m sure the controls could be worked out. Or how about one of those keyboards like the one for the PS2 that has a joystick on the side?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Do you see PC as the 4th gaming system? - Dec 19, 2005 14:40
I hope revolution with it' s controller can change that...it is possible -esepcially since Sega owns the Total War series developer.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll