Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 X-Men 3
darkness

• Total Posts : 12
X-Men 3 - Aug 28, 2005 19:58
Recently, i' ve re-watched X-Men 1&2 and it got me thinking, what about X-Men 3? Can anybody give me any news on that?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: X-Men 3 - Aug 28, 2005 20:32
Apparently three of the main (and I mean MAIN) characters die. Here' ' s the spoiler if you want to read it.

http://movies.go.com/buzz

I hate when they deviate from what' s in the comics. F-ing hollywood assholes.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: X-Men 3 - Aug 29, 2005 15:08
I' ve been very disappointed in the X-men movies. I really don' t think any of them will and have captured the whole X-men thing. Bryan Singer did a horrible job on Alien vs Predator and I don' t look forward to any of his movies. However, he did drop out of this movie and they have some no name Director for this one. Mark Steven Johnson on the Daredevil and Electra movies were crap. He' s the director for Ghost Rider and from what I saw in the preview, more crap. I just don' t understand it. Bryan came fromThe Usual Suspects movie and it was great. Mark came from Grumpier Old Men and that was a good comedy. These 2 guys had a good start off and now they seem to be producing crap when it comes to comic based movies. My biggest hopes is on Christopher Nolan from Batman Begins. I really hope that other directors will learn from him or he will get into comic book movie directing from now on.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: X-Men 3 - Aug 29, 2005 20:36
Just so you know...Singer wasn' t responsible for AvP. Singer has never hit that kind of level, or what I like to call the Paul Anderson level. And maybe it was just me but the second X-men movie was greatly improved in terms of a better paced and fluid story.

On to X-3...I' m not too excited about it right now just because of Brett Ratner. I really hope he surprises me but just the little snippets I read here and there like one of the Williams sisters playing a mutant just make me want to cry. They also fucked up by not hiring Nich Stahl as Angel. They did alright by getting Kelsie Grammer for Beast though.
kombatfighter

RE: X-Men 3 - Aug 31, 2005 19:16
*** WARNING SPOILER AHEAD, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOT MY D*MN FAULT! ***

FALALLALAALALLALLLLALALLALL...Just some interesting crap that I' m putting in so that you won' t see this one question right off the bat. Why are the putting Kitty Pryde in this movie? She has the most crappiest power ever created for an X-men. Hell, even Jubilee is better than hers. Doesn' t that make since to add crap so that you won' t see the question so easily?
kombatfighter

RE: X-Men 3 - Aug 31, 2005 19:23

And maybe it was just me but the second X-men movie was greatly improved in terms of a better paced and fluid story.

It was a better movie but still didn' t capture the original essence of the X-men. That' s my biggest complaints when it comes to comic book superhero movies. They must tamper with some kind of part in the story for who knows what reasons. For instance, Spidey' s web coming out of his body? Iceman and Rogue being so young? Arnold playing as Mr. Frost? WTH....I' ll reinstate that they really need to learn from Christopher Nolan.

P.S. Argh, can' t believe that I got AvP wrong. I thought he did some part in it or something. Must research now.....
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: X-Men 3 - Sep 09, 2005 05:56
I liked the X-Men movies. I guess I just don' t expect too much out of comic book adaptations.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: X-Men 3 - Sep 11, 2005 11:01
I have the same view on the X-men Movies as I do with the Spiderman movies and its that I feel they did a pretty good job (I don' t think anyone could create a perfect adaptation) however I must see the real villains (Spiderman was especially dissapointing, I mean the Hob goblin come on . We better see Venom or Carnage in Spiderman and Apocalypse in X-Men, if you thought
Doc. Oc and Magneto were badass wait untill you see these f***ers.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: X-Men 3 - Sep 14, 2005 21:50
Kelsei Grammer playing Beast? as in the guy from Frasier? I think if they X-Men 3 has some cool villains not the generic ones we' ve been seeing with X-Men 1 and 2 then 3 will be very interesting.
kombatfighter

RE: X-Men 3 - Sep 15, 2005 18:24

(I don' t think anyone could create a perfect adaptation)

Maybe you didn' t read my statement about Christopher Nolan. HE did a PERFECT job on Batman Begins. I seriously didn' t see any flaws with that movie. HE captured the full essence of becoming a Dark Knight Batman and still being a mere man in a suit.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: X-Men 3 - Sep 15, 2005 21:30
Both Batman Begins and Sin City were perfect.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: X-Men 3 - Sep 16, 2005 08:32
Agreed...Batman Begins was amazing!! i loved it.

that said, i do like the xmen films so far. I thought 2 was better than 1, but im hopeful for xmen3...tho it' ll suck to knock off 3 main characters.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll