Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 2 Cooperative Play
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 06, 2004 12:20
I received some new info about Halo 2 last night. This could just be hype; however, you can make up your own mind about that. My brother was in EB over the weekend and the xbox rep was there. The rep told the EB guy that Halo 2' s cooperative play will allow up to 4 players. The xbox rep also stated that Halo 2 will " blow the socks" off Halo and that there will be a few surprises that no one will be expecting. The rep wouldn' t elaborate - said he would get into trouble.

What ya think?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 06, 2004 14:54
From the Halo 2 Multiplayer vids. It looks to be way more then 4. I thought it had a 16 player max?

Game Features:
Offline Players: 1-4
Online Multiplayer: 1-16
System Link: 2-16
Downloadable Content
Online Scoreboards
Live Aware Enabled
Hi-Definition: 480p
16:9 Widescreen Support
Dolby 5.1 Surround
Xbox Exclusive

...thats just the basics. Within the game I' m sure they' ll have alot of stuff as they been saying they got some new things not seen before.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 7/6/2004 2:58:06 PM >
Sharon

RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 06, 2004 15:53
Off -line cooperative play up to 4 players . Online multiplayer (according to the xbox rep) up to 32 players.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 06, 2004 16:31
Well...32 players is pushing my limit of believability. There' s yet to be a game on Xbox Live that will allow 32 players...something to do with the Xbox' s lack of something...I' m not a techie, lol. I' m not saying I' m against it either, as I would love 32 players if that fits the maps, but I just can' t see it happening.

4 player co-op over Live would be awesome. I played the hell out of Rainbow Six 3' s co-op mode with my clanmates. I can' t wait for this game to come out just to find out what exactly is in the game and what was just hype.
Mass X

RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 06, 2004 16:36
oooo I missed the co-op part in the post. My bad. I heard about that part and I thinks its been confirmed but Im not sure either. But the 32 players? I dont think that can happen unless they raise the price for the servers xbox live uses.

Even the new Battlefield:Modern Combat will only support 16 players. However, things can change and if they do I hope its not too expencive cuz Id also love a larger amount of players. They been saying they have somthing very big to announce about MP.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 06, 2004 16:41
Your forgetting HALO 2 should be the biggest game of this generation.So microsoft will do everything it can to make it the biggest game of this generation.

U never know what microsoft is capable of.
fictionised

• Total Posts : 85
RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 06, 2004 17:47

<message edited by fictionised on Jul 01, 2013 07:22>
Sharon

RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 06, 2004 18:02
I guess we' ll all have to wait to find out --- I wish it was Nov now!
Mass X

RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 06, 2004 20:20
Jus 4 more months jooooy. Ill finally renew my live account once that day comes a rollin' . And hopefully get a new xbox, cuz my current one was a release date one. It runs fine (even after all the abuse and gametime put into it) but its bound to crap out sooner or later.
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 06, 2004 20:44
me and a friend plan to get it on launch, and play co-op non-stop until we beat it, and then some ( i' m sure we' re not the only ones). can' t wait to try out spartan mode!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 06, 2004 22:28
There is a possibility of 32 players. the reason why most games only support around 16 is because the xbox is hosting it itself as a server(that' s how I understand it). Now if MS were to set up its own servers like PC games do, it would be able to handle that ampount of players. That' s why when a host has a slow connection speed right now it limits the amount of players and the speed of the game. By using MS built servers it would be possible to have that many players at once. Technically this would cost MS some extra bucks to do. That adds the possibility of boosting XBL fees. On the other hand they may just keep the same rate and use the massive amounts of money they will get from Halo2 as their resource.
Ch@otix

• Total Posts : 41
RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 07, 2004 02:49
Hi, i' m new to the forums.
Sorry if disappoints you but Bungie did not mention a 4 player co-operative.
If there was going to be a 4 play co-op, they would have to make the levels much bigger and the enemies much harder. I think that they will stick to 2 player co-op.
And Bungie stated that there will be a 16 player, 32 player has not yet been confirmed.
< Message edited by ch@otix -- 7/7/2004 2:50:29 AM >
PresAgent

• Total Posts : 50
RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 07, 2004 05:35
Any online Co-Op is good to me. I loved playing through the co-op missions or terrorist hunt on Rainbow Six 3, so the same thing on Halo 2 would be an amazing experience. I hope they do atleast put 4 players, as it would be quite a fun time playing with friends on Live.
fictionised

RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 07, 2004 05:38

<message edited by fictionised on Jul 01, 2013 07:22>
Ch@otix

RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 07, 2004 13:47
Yeah, it' s cool playing co-op with your friend, that was one of the features which made halo excellent. Personally i' m looking forward to using the new weapons in multiplayer and new vehicles. In single player I really want to find out what happens to Earth and want to see some new enemies.
I haven' t seen any pictures of Hunters in Halo 2 yet...
fictionised

RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 08, 2004 06:41

<message edited by fictionised on Jul 01, 2013 07:21>
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 08, 2004 15:13
hunters were in the first halo, remember? they were 12 feet tall, but they hunched over like gorillas, and had large spines extending from their backs.they also had a shield and a fuel rod gun. anyway, i haven' t seen anything of them in the sequel, either. only new enemies i know of are the covenant prophets( which are basically popes), and the brutes ( which are like bodygaurds of the prophets). it' s possible that you may be able to see the forerunners ( the ones who built halo). also, in the " making of" video, it hints that you might be able to run through the " destroyed" earth. if you look at one of the computer screens in the background, you can see an image of the ravaged planet, but it has master chief' s hud (heads-up display). that might be a hint that you could play that part, but that' s just speculation. also, in one of the comp screens, you can see master chief in one of the prophets' s chairs. weird!
< Message edited by panzer_baiken -- 7/8/2004 3:14:55 PM >
Ch@otix

RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 08, 2004 17:59

What are Hunters?

And I love in the preview clip I saw of the jeeps driving through that city with those monster aliens jumping on the bonnet and whatnot- looked so cool :)

You seriously haven' t played Halo yet, have you?
fictionised

RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 09, 2004 02:01

<message edited by fictionised on Jul 01, 2013 07:21>
Ch@otix

RE: Halo 2 Cooperative Play - Jul 09, 2004 02:38
Lol, okay fair enough.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages