Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 X-Men 3
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
X-Men 3 - Jun 01, 2006 08:20
I saw it last friday night, and I have to say I' m dissapointed. WARNING SPOILERS:

My biggest complaint is that the title implies a lot of action, there isn' t nearly enough of it. The last battle scene is a joke. However I think worse than that is the way they changed facts from the comic and tv series. They basically decided to change the mythology to suit them. They just fucked up so many details, just so its more convenient for the incompetent writers. They changed Pheonix so much she' s not even the Pheonix, nowhere in the movie do you actually see the flame bird (I don' t even think they call it Pheonix), they made up some bull shit about Jean Grey being so powerful it created a dual personality with the second half not being repressed...

Also Juggernaut is a huge let down. Not only is he not the size of a house but he hardly fights in the whole movie and his costume pales in comparison to his true attire. AND HE HAS A FUCKING BRITISH ACCENT!

Speaking of misplced accents, Collosus who otherwise is ok in the movie, is completely lacking his Russian accent.

Where the fuck was gambit in this movie anyways? How about Morph? the timeline is so messed up. I hate it! The movie is based on Pheonix but she' s not even supposed to exist in this time period meanwhile other characters that are supposed to be there are missing.

This movie is supposed to take place in the early years yet by the end of the movie several major characters get killed, and Rogue gives up her powers before she even steals Ms. Marvels powers...

The only redeemable point of the movie for devote X-Men fans is when Kitty Pride stuck Juggernaut into the ground and he looks up with a baffled look on his face and says: " Don' t you know who I am? I' m the Juggernaut BITCH!"

On the plus Magneto, Xavior, Wolverine and Beast are nailed perfectely.
All in all its a good movie but much like the previous 2 movies it just doesn' t do the mythology justice, and leaves a lot to be desired by real X-men fans.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll