Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 More Lara for 360
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
More Lara for 360 - Oct 30, 2006 17:54
360' s getting the 10th Anniversary Edition (remake) of the original Tomb Raider.

I guess that means less human enemies and more exploring/animal slaughter. Oh, and then there' s the T-Rex...

Legend was acceptable but this needs to be significantly better!
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 30 Oct 06 9:55:30 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: More Lara for 360 - Oct 30, 2006 18:27
tomb raider legeden was a so so game, defintly better than all the latest rubbish sequels but far from an AAA title. may be this round it' ll be awesome. those guys (crystal dynamics) are better than the Core Design team.

you rarely if not ever comment on a ps2 game, is it because you don' t own one
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: More Lara for 360 - Oct 30, 2006 19:27
the first ´TR was great
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: More Lara for 360 - Oct 30, 2006 19:30
Thats really cool, i hope they use a whole new engine rather than that which they used for legends.

That t-rex scene should be great
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: More Lara for 360 - Oct 30, 2006 20:01
after a long time we will be able to play a decent Tomb Raider!!! FINALLY!!!!
Majic any more pics? Or in-game video?
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: More Lara for 360 - Oct 31, 2006 04:52
I liked Legend. Not on par with the original but not far behind. Glad to hear they are making a remake!
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: More Lara for 360 - Oct 31, 2006 07:06
I' ll post IGN' s article... can' t wait i hope the game is good.

Lara Croft Turns Ten
New game celebrates anniversary.
posted by Hilary Goldstein

October 30, 2006 - Eidos Interactive Ltd., one of the world' s leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, today confirms the title of the next Tomb Raider game will be Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary. Set for release in North America on the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable) system and Windows PC, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a tribute to Lara Croft and the phenomenal impact she has had on pop-culture and gaming.

Inspired by the first Tomb Raider videogame, originally released in 1996, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a totally new 2006 adventure for Lara, faithfully preserving the elements which made the original Tomb Raider such a classic, selling over 7 million copies worldwide. Using an enhanced ' Tomb Raider Legend' game engine, the graphics, technology and physics bring Lara' s adventure and pursuit of a mystical artifact known only as the Scion right up to today' s technology standards and will offer gamers a completely new gameplay experience.

" Lara Croft is more than just a video game character -- she is a digital-celebrity and icon for the video game industry, as well as a strong, powerful character that people of all ages connect with," said Director of Marketing Matt Gorman, Eidos. " We are re-telling an incredible story using today' s technology, we' ve taken all of the key moments from the original game and put them into the context of a brand new Tomb Raider adventure."

The puzzles are now more in depth and incorporate environmental interaction and physics driven solutions. The level design and flow of gameplay are inspired by the original videogame making Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary a brand new experience in gaming, while still invoking the nostalgia of the first adventure in Tomb Raiding.

" We' ve captured the essence of what made the original game so special and with today' s technology, created a game that pushes the boundaries of the current gaming consoles. Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a special celebration of Lara' s reign as videogaming' s leading lady," said Ian Livingstone, Eidos Interactive.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is currently in development by Crystal Dynamics and will be available in spring 2007.
< Message edited by uumai -- 30 Oct 06 23:09:19 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: More Lara for 360 - Oct 31, 2006 08:01
Tomb Raider: Legend is a good game. I don' t know why so many people have a problem with it. Probably people who haven' t played it, because the controls, and graphics and storyline were all pretty strong.

Plus Lara was SUPER hot in that evening dress!!
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: More Lara for 360 - Oct 31, 2006 21:27
HAHAHAHA!!

True Lara was a ULTRA HOT in that dress
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: More Lara for 360 - Oct 31, 2006 21:49

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

Tomb Raider: Legend is a good game. I don' t know why so many people have a problem with it. Probably people who haven' t played it, because the controls, and graphics and storyline were all pretty strong.

Plus Lara was SUPER hot in that evening dress!!

It had a super rushed craptacular ending. That was my only real problem with it.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: More Lara for 360 - Oct 31, 2006 22:12
it was a bit short, but i was entertained through and thjrough, even in the bike levels

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll