Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Chronicles of Riddick impressions?
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
The Chronicles of Riddick impressions? - Oct 05, 2004 12:38
I saw the trailers like everyone else and was surprised about how good the movie was looking. But I missed the movie when it came to cinema as i hadn' t seen Pitch Black. I finally saw that yesterday and was very impressed. So after that I was just wondering what everyone thought of The Chronicles of Riddick?

The game is the prequel to Pitch Black I know but would it be worth playing that before I see the movie for things to make even more sense or could I happily wait and play the game after?

Cheers.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: The Chronicles of Riddick impressions? - Oct 06, 2004 02:41
Naw, it really doesn' t add much information. Just elaborates on how he got his eyes and his past. The movie is decent but not as good as Pitch Black. They are really 2 totally different movies, one being more of a suspenseful film and the other an action movie. You' ve got to play the game though...one of the best.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: The Chronicles of Riddick impressions? - Oct 06, 2004 03:24
I saw the movie the other night and wasn' t really all that impressed.
The presentation of the characters and establishing relationships between them was very poorly done, if done at all.
Also, the movie jumped from place without much explanation behind it so it lacked any comprehensible flow.
The idea was kinda cool but I thought it was presented poorly.
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: The Chronicles of Riddick impressions? - Oct 06, 2004 18:18
i agree. there was too much influence from films like blade runner and mad max, but unfortunately it wasnt done very well. not a bad film mind u, but doesnt do the trailer justice. I give it 3 1/2 stars out of five. 1 whole star for Kyra. meow
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
RE: The Chronicles of Riddick impressions? - Oct 27, 2004 16:16
when i saw the chronicles of riddick i was blown away by the great story line. And the great actors, and by the special effects. but then again i think every things great.
Vincent Cook

• Total Posts : 152
RE: The Chronicles of Riddick impressions? - Nov 09, 2004 20:04
I played the game for Xbox (Has nothing to do with the film) and I decided I would go see it, but in the end i decided not to go as it looked fairly ' heavy' if you know what i mean. Like Lord Of The Rings. Is it really like that?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: The Chronicles of Riddick impressions? - Nov 21, 2004 05:05
I thought the whole series was good. If you want a better connection with characters then of course yer gonna have to go to the beggining which would be the game however Pitch Black is a good start as well.

It all flowed quite well and was presented nicly. CoR movie actually added more background then the rest of the other things, such as where he was from and the type of ppl they were and what happened to them. I hope they bring in enuff money to continue the series as planned, movie or game. With recent news it seems very likly.

O ya, you cant forget Dark Fury. The short anime in between flick. Takes place right after pitch black.

4/5 for the series as a whole. Still have to wait for the very end, my rating may go up or down.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll