Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 64
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 05:05

fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 05:17
saw the first minute of the game and i dont know what to say
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 05:21

ORIGINAL: fernandino

Then allow me...

Wow! I really wish this was coming to PS3 too. It makes me want to buy my Xbox 360 back off my brother...

Close enough?
fernandino

RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 09:49

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Then allow me...

Wow! I really wish this was coming to PS3 too. It makes me want to buy my Xbox 360 back off my brother...

Close enough?

not quite, what i saw didnt impress me at all, its only the first minute i know, yet looks wierd to me,not so good, not so bad, the characters really make very angry and i really wish i could hit shu and the one Quez has as an avatar really hard in the face, but i dont have to buy the360 back from my brother, i can play the game if i whant to since he also plays whit the PS3.

when its the game due in north america or europe???
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 09:51
And what kind of RPG' s do you like then Fernanindo?

The creators of games such as.

FF serie
Chrono Serie
vagrant story
Xenogears
Dragon quest

and now Blue dragon fails cause its on 360,right?!

Lol.

Btw the music in the openig sequence was fantastic,nobuo has done it again.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 4 Dec 06 1:51:56 >
fernandino

RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 10:59

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL
The creators of games such as.

FF serie
Chrono Serie
vagrant story
Xenogears
Dragon quest

and now Blue dragon fails cause its on 360,right?!

Lol.

Btw the music in the openig sequence was fantastic,nobuo has done it again.

So far i cant tell if i like the game or not because as i said i just saw the first minute, but i do know the characters really anoyme, i swear Quez it has nothing to do whit the console, Lost Oddysey looks just awesome, Blue Dragon dont appealme at all, i may get the game, and i may like it, in such case i will gladly eat my own words

And what kind of RPG' s do you like then Fernanindo?

What, from all time???

Vagrant Story
Freedom Force
Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven (my god the Heros of Might and Magic)
Skies of Arcadia
Xenogears
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Planescape: Torment
Final Fantasy VI
Baldur' s Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Shining the Holy Ark
< Message edited by fernandino -- 4 Dec 06 3:01:46 >
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 12:43
Dude, this game looks sick, every forum I go to people are dissing it. i think the graphics are wonderful, almost makes me want to cry, but that could be because of the amazingly emotional soundtrack. I don' t get why people are hating on this game, it' s so refreshing to see a vibrant game on the 360 with cute characters & lush environments, I absolutely adore the style & I really hate dragon ball Z. The boss fights from the other video almost looked like I could reach in the screen & grab the characters, the have that animated toy look to them. Anyway, can' t wait for this game, no matter what the reviews say, it' s gonna be awesome, & it looks like someones gonna finally nail that emotional thing that i' ve been searching for in videogames since the original Phantasy star(yes, I' m an old fart)
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 13:38
Is it a turn-based RPG or are the battles in real-time?
Cause the game is being released in Japan this week so I' ll get to see what all the hoopla is about regarding it IF the battles are real-time. ...

Though, to be honest, I have no idea why I' m going to buy it since I' m NOT a fan of Sakaguchi, I' m NOT a fan of Nobuo Uematsu, and I' m NOT a fan of RPGs..
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 14:36
You' re buying it because you can.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 14:48

Lol... Well that and probably because I' m a bit masochistic ;).. But I think mostly because it' s on the Xbox 360, which makes it sort of a novelty item to me in a way.. Had the game been for any of the other consoles I sure as hell wouldn' t have bothered giving it a second look

Though, IF I pick it up for the 360 I can already imagine what' s going to happen; Two - three hours into the game I' ll be wandering around lost and won' t bother with it anymore
QuezcatoL

RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 15:20
Ian gillan sings at boss battles.

And to Terry,Famitsu said the game was very noob friendly and stressfree,atleast the guy who gaved it 10/10.

Also,on rpg' s well oftejn " JRPG" ,you miss out those annoying fucked up zelda dungeons.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 4 Dec 06 7:33:02 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 16:24

I absolutely adore the style & I really hate dragon ball Z.

That is what I never understood, a majority of the people who don' t like DBZ, don' t like it because they never gave it a chance. DBZ' s characters are...amazing...the characterization that Toriyama put into them is superb...however Toriyama is an amazing artist but a below par writer.

DBZ: BT 2 = Best fighting game I have played in a year...yeah, a year.
QuezcatoL

RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 16:28
Can' t wait for Naurto 360.
fernandino

RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 16:52

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Lol... Well that and probably because I' m a bit masochistic ;).. But I think mostly because it' s on the Xbox 360, which makes it sort of a novelty item to me in a way.. Had the game been for any of the other consoles I sure as hell wouldn' t have bothered giving it a second look

Though, IF I pick it up for the 360 I can already imagine what' s going to happen; Two - three hours into the game I' ll be wandering around lost and won' t bother with it anymore

U are Alex arent u???

That is what I never understood, a majority of the people who don' t like DBZ, don' t like it because they never gave it a chance. DBZ' s characters are...amazing...the characterization that Toriyama put into them is superb...however Toriyama is an amazing artist but a below par writer.

i hate DBZ aswell, i think the characters are really silly, and when 2 guys are about to fight i can leave, make a sandwich, call friend, do my homework, come back and they are rigth where i left them
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 19:07

s it a turn-based RPG or are the battles in real-time?

It' s like the FFX battle system; all characters and enemies turns are shown in their order. When you select a skill, the targets affected are highlighted (I think, it looks like that' s how it works from the videos).

I admit, that I don' t mind Blue Dragon' s art style, but somehow I was kinda expecting more technical feats. Lost Odyssey pretty much showcases that, but I can' t get over how plastic-ly smooth and shiny everything next-gen tends to be.

Plus, I always thought super exaggerated art styles never look very convincing in 3D. Not anime, but for example like the Disney characters in Kingdom Hearts. They look like moving toys, rather than an animated character from a 3D movie like The Incredibles.

But I LOVED the NPC video from the BD website. The world looks amazing! And the characters are so varied and adorable!
QuezcatoL

RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 19:12
I don' t get you now byakko,you gonna tell me that the in-game look of bd,doesnt really work?

Moving toy?

hell no.

http://www.xboxyde.com/stream_3397_en.aspx

Soon we gonna hear there is crap music of BD,perhaps its better i discuss BD with some true hardcore rpg fans who doesnt have problems with 360 plattform.

Or that the FF dev has left FF,and still have FF13 as their most wanted title,and find flaws in BD constanlty,embarssing? yes!
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 4 Dec 06 11:13:00 >
Byakko

RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 19:13
Btw, it' s kinda sad what you get when you Google ' Blue Dragon' and your first choice is: Blue Dragon: Specialty Oriental Foods

And food for thought: What would the sequels be called? I' m banking on ' Magenta Penguin' and ' Teal Twinkie' .

Because a giant teal twinkie as your shadow, would rock.

Edit: Quez, you know me well enough that I' m an overall neutral that doesn' t like Sony' s management.

If you ' don' t get me now' , it' s simply because I no longer make unabased praise of JRPGs just because they have great developers, or are on a 360 platform.

And if you were a true hardcore RPG fan, you' d know no RPG is perfect =/

My thing with BD? The fact that we had blinking characters since FFVIII and the characters in BD, when idle, don' t blink!

The Incredibles used a transparency technique to get light to shine through the skin texture, making it more realistic. It' s not used in BD, hence they are purely opaque.

You can call it ' stylized' , but ' stylized' usually means they look like an animated comic book like the latest Dragonquest, or in this case, ' moving toys' .
< Message edited by Byakko -- 4 Dec 06 11:18:26 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 19:15
How about " blue dragon2" .

Byakko

RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 19:19
It' ll be only fair if the other main chars and their shadows get to shine...

Still, we' d prolly (hopefully) get new chars, with new shadows...and prolly new colors.
QuezcatoL

RE: Blue Dragon, Blue Bird, Blue Kitty Kat, Blue Bull Thingy - Dec 04, 2006 19:25
i also belive new character or shaodws will form in the sequal.
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 64

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message