Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 sudeki demo
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
sudeki demo - Jul 22, 2004 18:29
i just played Sudeki demo on the xbox magazine thing, and at first glance, i thought it sucked, the gameplay sucks too. Movement is terrible and attacks are horribly displayed. I recommend this game to no one. Fable on the other hand looks good though. so i guess i change my mind, remove from signature and not buy it
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: sudeki demo - Jul 22, 2004 18:42
It only got a 7.8 from the very lenient IGN, and I' m a little afraid that the stricter scorers like GameSpot are really going to trash this one.

That' s okay, though. I never had high expectations for this game in the first place. Fable is bound to be better...at least, I hope it will be.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: sudeki demo - Jul 22, 2004 22:56
HA! You mean the more " biased" scores of Gamespot? Don' t get me wrong, I personally believe the game is mediocre at best and I might purchase it if I find it in a bargain bin or something.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: sudeki demo - Jul 23, 2004 12:37
I think it' s REALLY funny how Xbox fans seem to think that GameSpot is biased, when I see Ninja Gaiden get a 9.4 and Editor' s Choice, and Chronicles of Riddick get a 9.2 and Editor' s Choice, all just this year (CoR got a 8.5 at IGN). They also gave KotoR a 9+, and Halo is still one of the highest scoring games at that site.

The reason the " biased" thing got tossed around is because in the 6-8 months after the Xbox launch, which was nauseatingly bad for good games, and extremely hyped titles like Blinx and Brute Force turned out to be nothing more than average games, people thought they were " biased" when they got lower scores. The truth is that everybody gave those games lower scores than expected, and simply because GS is GS and they judge EVERYTHING on a harsher level, those games scored even lower at GS.

If you want to look at it from a PS2 angle, FF X-2 got a 9.5 from IGN, but only an 8.1 at GS; the lowest score of any major publication I can find. Onimusha 3 got a very low 8.3, and I (along with many other critics) thought it was one of the best action games of this generation. To be perfectly honest, the only bias I see at GS is within the PC realm, where just about every game (no matter how rehashed it is) is capable of scoring a 9+, regardless of the number of bugs.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: sudeki demo - Jul 23, 2004 15:02
Sudeki demo was rather,....blah. The controls were clunky and the combat sucked. Nothing was really fun in the demo. [:' (]
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: sudeki demo - Jul 23, 2004 22:57
I liked the demo. I' ve even played it though about three times and I almost never re-play demos once I' ve finished them. Yes I' ve been looking foward to this game for a while but if it were crap then I wouldn' t force myself to play it. I like the character design, I like the graphics I like the combat system and I really like the boss at the end. The only thing I wasn' t enthrauled with was the block pushing puzzle. It reminded me a bit of my dad. Slow and dull.

Now All I have to do is save up £40. If nothing else Sudeki should be an entertaning diversion till Fabel comes along. But I' m sure I' ll enjoy it anyway.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: sudeki demo - Jul 24, 2004 06:32
wow, i don' t know how u can like it. too be it' s like what Konrad put: blah. absolutely clunky controls and....just blah. blah, that about sums it up
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: sudeki demo - Jul 24, 2004 21:41
The combat system was great. The first bit where you have to fight the stream of was brilliant the first time through. I was trying to figure out the controles and how to pull off the special moves and was coming off with some great looking action. The boss as well was really fun to try and beat, having to find out how to attack the thing. It was a good boss and I' m looking foward to fight many more.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll