Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 if you were a game developer...
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
if you were a game developer... - Jun 26, 2006 09:46
which platform would you choose?

i mean pc is available to almost everyone, developing in wii would be easier and cheaper, 360 is friendly for programmers (following cliffy b. statements), PS3 has a large user base.

there´s even portable consoles.

as for me i guess i would start with pcs...easier to get developing tools, cheaper final price to games and huge user base.

so if you were a developer which would you choose?
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: if you were a game developer... - Jun 26, 2006 11:24
I' d make it for the company who gives me the most money to keep it exclusive.

then I' d trash talk the other guys.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: if you were a game developer... - Jun 26, 2006 11:30
Well at first I would develop for the Wii as it is easy and cheaper than other formats and if thats successful I would go multiformat.
nekkid_monkey

RE: if you were a game developer... - Jun 26, 2006 11:41
Ok, now a serious answer.

It depends on my target market.

If I was producing a game that appealed to western audiences, I would go PC first, build the hype, then announce it exclusive to the 360 since the conversion would be easier.

For the eastern market, I would go with PS3 exclusive from the start. The fanatic level of brand loyalty over there would support it.

The point is, I don' t think there' s enough of a difference in the hardware specs of the various systems to seriously sway a development decision. It' s all marketing at this point.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: if you were a game developer... - Jun 26, 2006 11:53
If I had the resources I wouldn' t develop any exclusives for any platform, I' d release games on all viable platforms.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: if you were a game developer... - Jun 26, 2006 17:50
I' d make a DS, 2d game with awesome action gameplay and really sophisticated story - all that in jRPG style but reinvented (no battle system - only GoW/Ninja Gaiden style fights with gaining experience and abilities,no 12 years old hero that' s totally gay,no stupid schemes like town/dungeon/town/dongeon).
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: if you were a game developer... - Jun 26, 2006 19:13
I' d make games for the PS3....

No matter how crap the game is... You are at least guaranteed to make
a million. So if you' re team is incompetent, you don' t have to work hard to make
the money on PS3!

Then I would collaborate with Squaresoft and make sure there were at least a
few cameo appearances from FF characters and a GunBlade.. Rest assured, the
game will be crap. But make the most sales.

So, Sony is the safest bet!

Hidemoto

RE: if you were a game developer... - Jun 26, 2006 21:47

No matter how crap the game is... You are at least guaranteed to make
a million. So if you' re team is incompetent, you don' t have to work hard to make
the money on PS3!

so true

Wii sounds good to me also because it´s based on fun not high-resolution or ultra-mega graphics...so as a new developer its hard to compete with developers like bungie which have lots of experience and lots of people working at the same time so i would like to start with wii (and pc too)
< Message edited by hidemoto -- 26 Jun 06 13:48:52 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: if you were a game developer... - Jun 26, 2006 23:11
Nintendo & PC.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: if you were a game developer... - Jun 26, 2006 23:49
Two words guys... Mega Drive

I' d love to develop for the Wii though, we haven' t seen any documentaries, and very few interviews on developing for the Wii
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: if you were a game developer... - Jun 27, 2006 03:05
I would make a pc game on HD DVD ROM/BR ROM that is basically a fully 3d rendering of the entire world, I would use advanced satelite imaging to make this possible . You would have the ability to drive from a list of hundreds of cars (I would work hard to get as many as possible). It would be online and every other car would be a real person.

Basically its a driving sim, that takes place on Earth with all the real highways and streets. You start off with just a few grand to buy a cheap beat down shitmobile and you earn money buy creating a map of the world simply by driving to certain points. With more money you get to buy better faster cars.

On the side you can have races with other cars and bet money on the races.

Everyone starts the game from wherever they are playing the game from in the real world.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 26 Jun 06 19:11:09 >
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: if you were a game developer... - Jun 28, 2006 05:37
I would probably make a game like oblivion, but with even more details and greater gameplay and a giant character creating tool that includes making equipments & design.
Blackdraon309

• Total Posts : 28
RE: if you were a game developer... - Jul 05, 2006 05:09
i would start with pc since the tools are cheaper and downloadable.
i would create agame and if its successful a sequel or 2.

after a few years of programming i would program for the 360 and the ps3 since then i could create my dream project.
then i would create a sequel or 2 to my dream project.

after my first 3 games i hope to have some loyal gamers buying any game i make.
Jessica Spencer

• Total Posts : 62
RE: if you were a game developer... - Jul 24, 2006 01:31
If I was a game developer I would SO make games for the Wii and it would be a game where you were a girl/boy going around town looking for a job but you had no talent yet, but then you go past the pound and see the saddest little puppy ever and it is going to be put down so you take it home. You then get kicked out of your houseand argue with the person who kicked you out and they say as you can not pay any bills for the house you are being kicked out! Your puppy and you wander the streets looking for food, shelter and you look for a job. You then find the perfect one but which one? A vet, a cook, a journalist? Do you work the zoo or travel with the circus? It`s your decision!
nekkid_monkey

RE: if you were a game developer... - Jul 24, 2006 03:08

That' s your life, isn' t it?
Hidemoto

RE: if you were a game developer... - Jul 24, 2006 04:14

That' s your life, isn' t it?

LMAO
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: if you were a game developer... - Jul 24, 2006 04:34

If I was a game developer I would SO make games for the Wii and it would be a game where you were a girl/boy going around town looking for a job but you had no talent yet, but then you go past the pound and see the saddest little puppy ever and it is going to be put down so you take it home. You then get kicked out of your houseand argue with the person who kicked you out and they say as you can not pay any bills for the house you are being kicked out! Your puppy and you wander the streets looking for food, shelter and you look for a job. You then find the perfect one but which one? A vet, a cook, a journalist? Do you work the zoo or travel with the circus? It`s your decision!

:)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message