Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft sue Immersion!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 19, 2007 20:51
LINK

Microsoft had a clause in their agreement that forebode Immersion from settling with Sony.

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 19, 2007 21:27
That...doesn' t make sense to me at all!

1) How did MS manage to add a clause that would prevent another company from settling a private matter, by putting a noose around the only innocent party in the whole deal' s neck? That doesn' t seem fair..

So was it Sony' s compassion for a smaller company rather than their arrogance at being sued, that was stopping them from settling all this time?

Or maybe Sony and MS were working together to get Immersion back for sueing them both!

2) I never understood how MS bought a stake in Immersion in the first place when they were suppose to be being sued?? Was it like:

Immersion: " Hey Microsoft, give me money!"
Microsoft: " Uh, ok. How' s about, I give you this fiver, and you give me that tenner?"
Immersion: " OK!"

How does stuff like that happen?

??? Arg, the questions...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 19, 2007 22:53
Good job MS.

MS was the only company willing to pay these bastard,and then they break their contract?
Serves them right to get sued.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 19, 2007 23:35

ORIGINAL = Lawsuit PDF

" In particular, it provides that if Immersion settles the Sony Lawsuit ... for an amount up to $100,000,000, Immersion shall pay Microsoft the sum of $15,000,000. If Immersion settles the Sony Lawsuit for an amount between $100,000,000 and $150,000,000, Immersion shall pay Microsoft an additional amount equal to 25% of the amount of the settlement in excess of $100,000,000. If Immersion Settles the Sony Lawsuit for an amount in excess of $150,000,000, Immersion shall pay Microsoft an additional amount equal to 17.5% of the amount of the settlement in excess of $150,000,000."

How....who.... huh?

Microsoft is sued, settled the entire Immersion issue for $26m, and managed to get away with this? I wouldn' t be surprised to see Microsoft simply buy Immersion out completely during this next lawsuit.

Scary shit. I fear the Microsoft lawyers.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 20, 2007 02:01
Ugh. I' m so sick of their schoolyard litigation. They both need to cowboy up & leave Immersion alone. Seriously. It doesn' t come across as powerful, it comes across as immature.
QuezcatoL

RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 20, 2007 02:11
Eddie it was immersion who sued MS in the first place,so you think MS should not sue back when they have the right reason to do it?

If immersion sues sony and MS for breaking certain laws and deals they should expect the same when they do it.

So gj MS!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 20, 2007 02:48

Eddie it was immersion who sued MS in the first place,so you think MS should not sue back when they have the right reason to do it?

If immersion sues sony and MS for breaking certain laws and deals they should expect the same when they do it.

Yeah, Immersion sued Sony & Microsoft first (They never bothered nintendo.) but it was for a good reason. They stole from Immersion, & Microsoft' s lawyers got the jump on Sony' s & made sure a clause was inserted into the settlement stating (for all intents & purposes) " you can' t be friends with Sony anymore, or you owe us some money!" . It' s lame, from every perspective.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 20, 2007 03:14

Ugh. I' m so sick of their schoolyard litigation. They both need to cowboy up & leave Immersion alone. Seriously. It doesn' t come across as powerful, it comes across as immature.

Yo I agree Ms Is gonna lose this one that' s what I think. I hope they can settle this thing fast lets all have some rumble. I mean got dam it. This sucks bad

In The words of Martin lawernce Can' t we all just get along
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 20, 2007 03:20
Not when money is involved, no.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 20, 2007 03:43

Yeah, Immersion sued Sony & Microsoft first (They never bothered nintendo. ) but it was for a good reason. They stole from Immersion, & Microsoft' s lawyers got the jump on Sony' s & made sure a clause was inserted into the settlement stating (for all intents & purposes) " you can' t be friends with Sony anymore, or you owe us some money!" . It' s lame, from every perspective

Now im not into the particular case, but its always been my impression that Immersion had some patent sitting in the basement, and then sued Sony and MS to get rich. Suing the two riches companies and avoiding nintendo, sorta points towards this!
QuezcatoL

RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 20, 2007 04:38

Yo I agree Ms Is gonna lose this one that' s what I think. I hope they can settle this thing fast lets all have some rumble. I mean got dam it. This sucks bad

In The words of Martin lawernce Can' t we all just get along

If someone sue you for behaving bad,wouldn' t you sue the same one if he did it the next day?
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 20, 2007 05:22
Well yeah I would but I wouldn' t stop you for apolygizeing for your bad behavior. That' s what sony is trying to do.
Sony: I am sorry
Immersion: Saying cool let' s do rumble
MS : Oh thats bullshit I want my money back lol
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 20, 2007 14:09
Another case of M$ using dirty tactics to try to gain an upperhand, shows how scared they are...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 20, 2007 16:06

ORIGINAL: Phoenix|Slash

Another case of M$ using dirty tactics to try to gain an upperhand, shows how scared they are...

Yeah they are doing this out of fear 100%.....
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 21, 2007 06:38

scared of who? Immersion?
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 20 Jun 07 22:38:52 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 21, 2007 09:08
Poor old Microsft need the money ya know, they only made something like 12 billion in profit last year.
QuezcatoL

RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 21, 2007 09:47
If I got sued by a company,I would sue back whenver I could,and Immersion just showed their ass by a big misstake.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 21, 2007 10:04
i think Immersion is not that stupid, they got their lawyers and they know what they doin, this company had done it in purpose and see it as a better deal to breach the contract and pay for the lawsuit for whatever reason they know.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 21, 2007 14:52

Poor old Microsft need the money ya know, they only made something like 12 billion in profit last year.

Yeah, they' re going in the poor house

i think Immersion is not that stupid, they got their lawyers and they know what they doin

But can their lawyers compare to M$ lawyers?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Microsoft sue Immersion! - Jun 21, 2007 21:40
Microsoft' s head litigator is Kratos.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages