Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Will Sony Go broke?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 26, 2006 22:31
Link

A bit exagerated at some points, but its a fun read, and some of the stuff in the article is very insightful
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 26, 2006 23:30
They won' t just look at the price they take from us Europeans.

fukk it
Vx Chemical

RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 26, 2006 23:54
mmm thats really not sony getting the profits from that, but the european union, and national import taxes!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 00:49
I don' t think Sony will go broke...

It would be terrible if they did... What would be the point of only having M$
and Nintendo to give us entertainment...?
Vx Chemical

RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 01:01

I think another company wóuld rise up and challenge maybe?
Tiz

RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 01:13
True, Sega can always play the role of " The Phoenix" any day in my books...

All those Sega Exclusives on one console...

MMMM...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 03:09

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Well before the Xbox came along It really was just Sony and Nintendo. Before that it was just Sega and Nintendo. Each before this last gen there really was only two primary contenders.

I hope Sony doesn' t fail but I hope they break just about even with MS. If there really is a straight on struggle between the two it can only benefit the gamers because they will have to produce high quality titles for their machines to try and get ahead. I hope Nintendo will even be able to step it up. If we have a three way tie going just think about how much the companies will bend over backwards to get our business!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 03:12
Y' know, If sony tanked, which I really hope doesn' t happen, then It' d only be a matter of time before someone else rose to the challenge.

For instance, this month' s game informer. Square-Enix was talking about actually creating something physical. Whether it be a console, or a karaoke mic, we don' t know, but i think some well-off software company would take their spot.
Tiz

RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 03:14
Square-Enix designing a console? No thanks...

I don' t want a host of gender confused games clotting my shelf whilst the other games tell them to take a hike...
Vx Chemical

RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 03:16

For instance, this month' s game informer. Square-Enix was talking about actually creating something physical. Whether it be a console, or a karaoke mic, we don' t know, but i think some well-off software company would take their spot.

Microsoft!!!!

Ohhhh wait... no, they made something already!

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Ubisoft :P
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 03:30

Square-Enix designing a console? No thanks...

I don' t want a host of gender confused games clotting my shelf whilst the other games tell them to take a hike...

well you can bet it' ll only be popular in japan with it' s rpgs for games. I don' t see them making games like fps for us. And if it does sell outta japan it' ll be the rpg fans buying it, and they are the minority in the west where fps is king. I for one would buy it though.

...but this is if it' s true.
< Message edited by Gaius IV -- 26 Sep 06 19:30:59 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 04:53
lawl EA.
World' s worst console ever, and all the madden nubs would buy it.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 06:56
If Sony can find a way to to sell the games without selling any PS3s they' ll be just fine. I can see Ken Kutaragi come out and say " PS3 games are so advance you can play them on PS2" .

Seriously though I' m not even worried, they still have the largest fanbase, even if it will take a huge hit this coming gen. I personally think PS3 will be a late bloomer, I' m not buying one in the first two or three years.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 07:33
That' s most people' s out look on the console- " I' ll buy it in a few years" . That' s basically my standpoint on it right now, too. The probelm is in a few years Sony could be dead if the majority of people hold out for a price drop and better games (I see no point in owning the console until the new Final Fantasies, MGS4, and Heavenly Sword come out). The consoles they do sell will cause the company to loose money. Add on the fact that their game library won' t be any good until late 2007 to early 2008 (at the earliest) so they won' t be making money of game sales. This will kill Sony.

Sony better figure out some way to stay afloat. I' m hoping BluRay doesn' t save them because I' d much rather have HD-DVD be the winner of the format war (even though I really want both to fail). Hopefully they can just come out with a really strong line up of games that will allow them to survive.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 08:53
i don' t think there is any company who would dare release a console if the mighty legendary sony goes down, someone said squareenix or sega, this better be a joke... sega will never step in manufacturing a console.

the article has some good points , but some are just totaly messed up, one is to say that sony will lose a 2.4 billion in the first year but we all know the company make profit out of loyalties and exclusives, this will greatly reduce this loss to the one billion range, people won' t just buy their ps3' s to put them on the shelves, they will surely buy some games and even bluray movies.

add to the fact that sony just annonced the price for its games which will be on par with 360' s , that is 60$.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 09:03
1 to 2 billion dollars in losees in the first year alone? DAMN Plus no guarantee of market dominance.

I guessed as much was true, especially after the Merryl Lynch estimate and then the price announcement but this article really put things in perspective, good find!

Anyway i don' t want sony to die but i definately don' t want them to be number 1 this gen - number 3 is good enough
< Message edited by Terrak -- 27 Sep 06 1:04:15 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 09:56
Meryl Lynch?! F*ck Meryl bloody Lynch!! That b*tch ain' t got sh*t on Majik. I got the damn price right and i got the damn European launch date right, ...well before that ho chipped in.

Professional analysts are dumb!
Terrak

RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 11:22
Well i don' t know when you made your estimate but i made my estimate of US$600 once they made the announcement that all ps3s would come with 60Gb hard drives (honestly i ain' t kidding) and the Lynch report. I got panned at another forum by the sony fanboys who still believed that it would be the same price as 360 (they mysteriously dissappeared after E3 2006 - strange that).

Yeah i hate analysts too, especially if they don' t say what i want to hear.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 11:34
Wii is for fags and toddlers, nintendo has that market. The mainstream adult market is divided between smart people (PS3) and retards (x360).

It could go either way, because we know there' s alot of dumb fucks out there, so x360 could have an edge, but we' ll see.
Terrak

RE: Will Sony Go broke? - Sep 27, 2006 12:14

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Wii is for fags and toddlers, nintendo has that market. The mainstream adult market is divided between smart people (PS3) and retards (x360).

It could go either way, because we know there' s alot of dumb fucks out there, so x360 could have an edge, but we' ll see.

Um didn' t you say you have a 360? And that you would get the Wii for Zelda (but sell it afterwords)?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message