Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 45
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 21, 2005 12:11
As for me, I am unsure...

I want to wait, but I have been a part of several console launches that were totally awesome experiences.

I was there for the launch of the following consoles:

Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
XBOX

And with the new M$ console expected to be an all-around entertainment system, I would very much like to be able to say that I was there when it first happened.

What about you? Are you going to jump to next-gen right away?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 21, 2005 12:26
Most likly ...if not then very shortly afterwords.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 21, 2005 12:35
Not this year, for sure. Even if all 3 systems were released this year I' d have to say no. Next year may also be doubtful with a baby on the way and all this other grown up crap responsibilities in the way. Ahhhhh MassX, it' s going to be a tough day for you when chickipoo says " It' s either the X-box 360, or a wedding cake!" good luck!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 21, 2005 12:41
As soon as the Xbox 60 is availible for preorder I will be puttin my money down.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 21, 2005 13:59
I' ll be jumping ASAP!

In fact let me start saving up for all three RIGHT NOW!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 21 Apr 05 22:00:16 >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 21, 2005 14:38
I' ll be getting my new Xbox at launch this year. Consoles after that, I don' t know. Of course I said the same thing about PS2 when it launched and I ended up getting both Xbox and GC. Definately the Xbox though...Xbox Live is going to be too good to pass up.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 21, 2005 15:34
I' ll definitely let Sony work out the flaws and bugs that will absolutely positively definitely be in the first batch of PS3' s. Sony hates making reliable hardware until they are forced to. Did you see how moronicly they handled the PSP design flaws? Horrible people run that company.

As for the Xbox932 and the Revolution, I will buy them when there are games I want to play on them. I don' t care about football games or even FPS' s.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 21 Apr 05 23:35:49 >
Willco

• Total Posts : 76
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 21, 2005 19:17
I love football, baseball and basketball.

Unless Microsoft screws up and forces EA to make all their athletes in videogames wear neon pink tutu' s, I' ll end up buying a Xbox Pro Skater 360: Viva La Bam! Edition.

Nintendo and Sony will have to wait to drop the prices on their units to get my money. But it probably won' t take long with three viable competitors in the marketplace, assuming that Nintendo' s " Revolution" isn' t so abstract that it' s still viewable in the third dimension.
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 22, 2005 01:02
My Easter bonus is in the bank, the letters " P-S-P" stamped all over it. Similarly, my X-mas bonus will get me an xbox 2, if everything goes as planned.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 22, 2005 01:28

My Easter bonus is in the bank, the letters " P-S-P" stamped all over it. Similarly, my X-mas bonus will get me an xbox 2, if everything goes as planned.

What other bonuses are you expecting? Please provide a more comprehensive listing along with what will be stamped all over each of them!
Joe Redifer

RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 22, 2005 03:40
I recently got $75 for about 15 minutes worth of work duplicating a training video DVD. Maybe that can pay for the Xbox360 and a few games.

I would like there to be enough good games for each new system that I want to purchase each at launch and pay EB' s extortion-rate price and be forced to buy 9 games and a whole bunch of 3rd party crap and strategy guides (EB' s condition on getting day 1 systems).
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 22, 2005 04:47
EB is gone though so it really won' t matter. It' s all gamestop now.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 22 Apr 05 12:48:18 >
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 22, 2005 06:28

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

What other bonuses are you expecting? Please provide a more comprehensive listing along with what will be stamped all over each of them!

Well, people call them " bonuses" but they' re actually compulsory for the employer. As part of your yearly salary in Greece, you get an extra half a month' s pay before the Easter holiday, another half month' s pay before you take your summer leave and another full month' s pay in Christmas. Given that my regular salary is barely sufficient to cover my living expenses, in order to make superfluous purchases I have to allocate them to my yearly bonuses. I hope this satisfies your curiosity.
< Message edited by dismiss -- 22 Apr 05 14:33:14 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 22, 2005 07:09

I recently got $75 for about 15 minutes worth of work duplicating a training video DVD. Maybe that can pay for the Xbox360 and a few games.

Isn' t easy money great! I just made 200 bucks for administering a board exam for foreign vet' s that took 1 hour total. I' ll be saving those bills for....... pampers. Oh no, what have I gotten myself into.
Owain

• Total Posts : 91
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 22, 2005 07:16
Think i' ll wait about a year for the cost to come down, and 5/6-ish must have games.
Only consoles I bought on lauch were DC and N64. Both got cheaper really fast
Willco

RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 23, 2005 00:03
Bonuses? ... Look at this guy with his bonuses!

A real man is me, who sells his bodily fluids for videogames!
Joe Redifer

RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 23, 2005 14:36
You don' t get the games and systems from Kikizo for FREE? Tsk tsk.
Willco

RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 23, 2005 20:19
Adam doesn' t give me shit. :P
< Message edited by Willco -- 24 Apr 05 4:19:35 >
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 26, 2005 16:33
I' ll probably wait unless there' s a game I' d absolutely have to have available at launch (Mario 64 2 I' m looking at you!)
Joe Redifer

RE: How Many Gamers Out There Plan To Immediately Jump To Next-Gen? - Apr 26, 2005 16:45
I' m sure they' ll call it Mario 64 2 as well. The next Nintendo system might be another 64 bitter. The Gamecube is 32 bit, believe it or not. That is why you never saw Mario 64 on it. It just couldn' t handle it! :)
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 45

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message