Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 San Andreas or Halo 2
Chicken Wing

• Total Posts : 17
San Andreas or Halo 2 - Dec 28, 2004 10:08
I want to know what game deserves the video game of the year title, San Andreas or Halo 2. I own both and I love each one for different reasons because they are, if you haven' t noticed, completely different. But I' m still not sure which one should be the video game of the year. Of course theres countless games that some people whould prefer instead of these two like Half-Life 2 or Burnout 3 or MGS: Snake Eater I could go on forever with them but just one game gets the award. And if you don' t prefer these games write down what you think should be or should' ve been the video game of the year.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: San Andreas or Halo 2 - Dec 28, 2004 10:41
I would honestly vote for either Chronicles of Riddick or Half Life 2 myself, but that could just be me.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: San Andreas or Halo 2 - Dec 28, 2004 11:00
While I' ve yet to play it (man he needs to hurry up and finish my PC ) I' m leaning towards HL2 as overall game of the year. At least, that' s the general impression I' m getting. COR was awesome, but little replay value and weaker AI (because the AI isn' t bad, just not as good as other games) keeps it out of the GOTY hunt IMO.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: San Andreas or Halo 2 - Dec 28, 2004 19:49
Im a Rockstar whore all the way so even tho I love my beloved xbox exclusive title Id have to opt for San Andreas.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: San Andreas or Halo 2 - Dec 29, 2004 05:21
After having played (and experienced and over-all disappointment over) Halo 2, combined with what I have read, seen, and heard from friends who played GTA:SA, I must say that the more innovative and exciting game appears to be GTA:SA.

Sorry, Bungie...but you done freaked-up giving gamers a half-baked (/re-hashed Halo 1) version of Halo 2! For this intentional act, Bungie is no longer on my ' it' s [place company name here], so it' s gonna be awesome - no questions asked' list.

Very few companies ever held that title. Bungie is the latest to leave, and EA was removed a long time ago.

Only Sega remains...
lotusson

RE: San Andreas or Halo 2 - Dec 29, 2004 05:26

Only Sega remains...

I fail to see your logic. How can you have faith in Sega when their latest releases have been, for a lack of a better word, utter crap?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: San Andreas or Halo 2 - Dec 29, 2004 06:59
To which titles do you refer?

If you are referring to Sonic Heroes, I will say this: Sega' s crap is still better than most developer' s best...

Otherwise, I will need further clarification.
lotusson

RE: San Andreas or Halo 2 - Dec 29, 2004 07:38
I thought Sonic Heroes was horrible. Actually the very first Sonic game I traded back in because I thought it was so bad. But lets look at some of Sega' s latest releases which I think failed to meet their usual high standards (I didn' t count any games Sega published).

Headhunter Redemption
Virtua Quest
Blood Will Tell
Sonic Heroes (can' t remember if this is before or after Sammy buyout)
Sega GT Online (can' t remember if this is before or after Sammy buyout, but it is the time I started to take notice of Sega getting sloppy)

Now, there' s an important reason why I start my count after the Sammy buyout, because before that Sega where delivering some AWESOME games.

Gunvalkyrie
Shenmue 2
Monkey Ball
Sega GT 2002
Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Crazy Taxi 3
Virtua Fighter 4
Sega Soccer Slam (not that great, but fun)
Shinobi/Nightshade (assuming you were that hardcore)
Billy Hatcher (too simple for my taste, but good for kids)

Don' t get me wrong, Sega still have a few good games up their sleeves.

Outrun 2
Shining Tears
Feel The Magic
Astro Boy

However, when I compare the before Sammy buyout games

Gunvalkyrie
Shenmue 2
Monkey Ball
Sega GT 2002
Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Crazy Taxi 3
Virtua Fighter 4
Sega Soccer Slam (not that great, but fun)
Shinobi/Nightshade (assuming you were that hardcore)
Billy Hatcher (too simple for my taste, but good for kids)

The after the buyout games

Outrun 2
Shining Tears
Feel The Magic
Astro Boy

And the WTF??? games of the buyout

Headhunter Redemption
Virtua Quest
Blood Will Tell
Sonic Heroes
Sega GT Online

IMO, Sega has misstepped somewhere. We went from an awesome lineup of games to a shoddy mixture of quality and crap.

The Sega of before the Sammy buyout was IMO far superior. With Sega' s bad games now equally their good ones, plus the fact Sega really has nothing on the horizon to truly get excited about, I don' t see how you can keep faith in Sega while dismissing Bungie. In the past several years Sega hasn' t made a game half as good as Halo 2. IMO, the closet they' ve gotten was with Shenmue 2 and Skies of Arcadia.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: San Andreas or Halo 2 - Jan 04, 2005 00:55
I know my handle has " PS2" in it, but that does not mean I' m a fanboy for PS2. It just means that I prefer it to the other consoles.

That in no way biases my opinion that San Andreas deserves the title WAY before halo 2. I bought an xbox with the hopes that Halo2 would keep me in FPS heaven, and I could stop getting pissed about the 7,123 bugs in Socom 2.

What I found was a very entertaining game that I' ve played a good amount of time on...but get very bored of. San andreas, however, is the exact opposite. It just does not get boring for me. If I play for a few hours and get tired of it, I turn it off. A couple hours later I' m back on my ps2 like it was crack.

Aside from these 2 choices, I' d have to say that Metal Gear Solid 3 should really get the GOTY. San andreas is a technical marvel for the PS2, but it just comes in such a close second to the incredible presentation and gameplay of Snake Eater.
snatch24

• Total Posts : 49
RE: San Andreas or Halo 2 - Jan 15, 2005 03:29
none of them deserve it well maybe halo 2 does but there all unoriginal seqeuls.
all though being a seqeul KOTOR 2 the sith lords is gonna prove 2 be an amazing game and will definitely deserve to be GOTY
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: San Andreas or Halo 2 - Feb 01, 2005 12:10
i like halo 2 better.to say the truth after a week of playing san adreas i got bored.but the REAL game of the year should be metal gear solid 3 snake eater

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll