Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Have you ever refused to purchase a system --
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Have you ever refused to purchase a system -- - Jul 17, 2004 04:03
because of a controller?!?

I ask because I was at work today (Game Crazy) and this guy was purchasing some Halo toys. So naturally I asked if he had pre-ordered Halo 2 yet. He said no and I proceeded to tell him about the limited edition version. He said he wasn' t going to pre-order Halo 2 at all.

I thought that was weird considering he seemed like a huge Halo fan. So I asked if he actually plays the game. He said yes, but for the PC because he doesn' t have an X-Box. He doesn' t like the controller.

It was like my small console mind couldn' t grasp the concept of not buying a system because of a controller. With the billions of third party pads out there for the PS2, X-Box, and Gamecube, it just seems like you could find something to play with.

Of course, with so many X-Box games being released on the PC as well, maybe he doesn' t think there are enough exclusives to warrant a purchase. However, I still find it strange that he wouldn' t buy a system because of the controller.

PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Have you ever refused to purchase a system -- - Jul 17, 2004 04:06
My friend is like this. He ONLY plays shooters, and ONLY on PC. If the game isn' t in first person using a keyboard/mouse, he wants nothing to do with it.

I think it is what we call casual gamers.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Have you ever refused to purchase a system -- - Jul 17, 2004 04:12
>>> I think it is what we call casual gamers.

Or hardcore PC fanboy.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Have you ever refused to purchase a system -- - Jul 17, 2004 05:05
I won' t refuse to buy a console because of controller issues, I mean just look at the PS2, I own two and a half of them and I hate the Dual Shock 2 more than anything!! But for traditional shooters i.e. Gradius III & IV, R-type Final, Gunbird, etc. I purchased a third party pad that had a MUCH better d-pad than Sony' s pathetic d-pad. For the release of Gradius V next week I' ve purchased an ASCII Pad specifically for it.

As long as a console has games that appeals to you I don' t see why anyone avoid buying a console over some stinking d-pad, unless it' s the 3DO console, then that' s understandable ;)
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Have you ever refused to purchase a system -- - Jul 17, 2004 05:30
Does GradiASS V use analog control, or digital only?
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Have you ever refused to purchase a system -- - Jul 17, 2004 05:31
I like using controllers and keyboards so I usually just mix it up every now and then. I think it' s stupid though to just outright refuse, but I guess some people just find it annoying at how different playing FPS' s on consoles and PC' s.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Have you ever refused to purchase a system -- - Jul 17, 2004 05:42

Does GradiASS V use analog control, or digital only?

If I remember right I believe you can use both.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Have you ever refused to purchase a system -- - Jul 17, 2004 08:59
To be quite honest I didn' t buy an Xbox for a long time because of it' s controller. But when that Controller-S came out, I took another look. I noticed that Sega was making games for it. I saw Gun Valkyrie sitting on the store shelf. The only next-gen consoles I had were Dreamcast and gamecube. DC was already dead and Gamecube only had a few good games. So I bought the Xbox and loved it. Later, I scored a brand new PS2 for $169 when it still retailed for $200 or over. I refused to pay full price.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll