Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Difficulty spikes
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
Difficulty spikes - May 31, 2006 20:51
I hate them!!

I hate effortlessly flying through a game one minute and then seemingly hitting a brick wall the next minute -particulary when I' m nearing the end of a game that I' ve been really enjoying- RPGS are often some of the worst culprits, being easy for fifty odd hours and then expecting me to defeat an over powered final boss -often two or three stages- which means I may never witness the end - thanks very much for wasting my time Mr developer

Your thoughts on the evil that is difficulty spikes?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Difficulty spikes - May 31, 2006 21:06
I usually overpower my characters,and fight monsters,for hours before i enter the final dungeons...
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Difficulty spikes - Jun 01, 2006 01:41
It' s a common game design, I think it is to help you as a gamer pace yourself also it sets up that illusion of the game being longer than it is.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Difficulty spikes - Jun 01, 2006 02:06
I want boss battles to be really difficult. That way you feel more satisfied when you' ve finished it. Bosses are supposed to be difficult compared to the rest since... well they' re bosses!
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Difficulty spikes - Jun 01, 2006 20:55
Jet grind radio does this like a mo-fo, one minute you will be buzzing through some really enjoyable-easy stage, the next you have to spraypain the back of 4 crazy fast skaters.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Difficulty spikes - Jun 02, 2006 18:06
I kinda like infrequent difficulty spikes. They wake you up and remind you to try at the game.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll