Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 2 New GHs, and CoD5 Released This Financial Year
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
2 New GHs, and CoD5 Released This Financial Year - Feb 09, 2008 23:51
So says Activision.

New Call of Duty, Ultimate Alliance, Spider-Man titles

Following the announcement of record financial results yesterday, Activision has confirmed a batch of sequels to its most popular franchises.

Three new Guitar Hero titles will be released in 2008, with two due in the company' s first quarter beginning April 1, and another title before the year end. The company also said it would be pushing the franchise harder in Europe following supply issues in the region.

With Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare selling over 7 million units worldwide in 2007, it' s perhaps no surprise that Activision has a new title in the series this coming financial year.

The Tony Hawk' s brand is also due for an overhaul said Activision, following stiff competition from EA' s Skate title, with execs promising innovation for the series following consumer research.

Continuing its success with the Marvel licenses, Activision is also preparing a new Spider-Man and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance title, and it also reconfirmed a tie-in to the Jack Black movie Kung-Fu Panda as well as a sequel to Madagascar.

GI.BIZ

Am I the only one who thinks they' re going to have an amazing financial year, totally devoid of anything original to play?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: 2 New GHs, and CoD5 Released This Financial Year - Feb 10, 2008 00:21
oh come on every tony hawk is meant to be a overhaul, I remember thinking if project 8 fails then Tony will never be back to his former glory!

Guitr hero Aerosmith!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: 2 New GHs, and CoD5 Released This Financial Year - Feb 10, 2008 00:23
CoD5 March 2009 then...
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: 2 New GHs, and CoD5 Released This Financial Year - Feb 10, 2008 22:10
I think that GH might struggle against Rock band, although the pricing could be an ace in Activision' s hand. Is it correct that Rock Band cost $160 - $170? That would mean the game in the UK would cost £80-£90.

I hope the new incarnation is a step up from CoD4 and not a step back, although Treyarse are doing CoD5 aren' t they?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: 2 New GHs, and CoD5 Released This Financial Year - Feb 10, 2008 23:11

I hope the new incarnation is a step up from CoD4 and not a step back, although Treyarse are doing CoD5 aren' t they?

Yes they are. they had a longer to develop this game though than they had COD3. So there is hope that it will be a better title. Now i havent played CoD3, the negative comments here made me stear clear.

In anycase CoD4 is ace!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 2 New GHs, and CoD5 Released This Financial Year - Feb 11, 2008 03:45
COD3 had a great multiplayer, it was different too. It' s sort of like Cod with a bit of Battlefield.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 2 New GHs, and CoD5 Released This Financial Year - Feb 11, 2008 03:55
I got new speaker stands that have shelving for my games and I put COD2, 3, and 4 right next to each other. The title on the side of the game for COD2 is in the middle, then for COD3 a few centimeters below that, then COD 4 it goes way up near the top. I think this is a good indication of how good the games are.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll