Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 OMG awesome video of GT HD
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 30, 2006 19:01
http://www.gamers.fr/lire_news.php?id=18391

it' s the second video

this game shows off the power of ps3, those landscapes are amazing, the HDR is reasonable, and the car model is awesome, check this out and compare it to Forza2 gameplay video, may be the comparaison won' t be fair as this is a replay, still you can have an idea.

so WHAT THE HELL IS GT HD ?? this is definitly not GT4 with higher resolution because in some parts it looks photo realistic, kep in mind the game is still in development and there is a HUUUGE jump between the video in e3 and this.

polyphonie digital is mighty.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 30, 2006 19:33
Don' t forget aba, that GTHD comes in two flavours.

1) a 1080p version of gt4 which is a buy cars and tracks etc online (the classic one)

2) the premium version which is a preview of gt5 like the lrologue versions of other gt installment(s)

This is likely from the premium version
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 30, 2006 21:40
You suprized by these graphics? these guys know the Cell unlike any other developer. they are only scratching the surfice.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 30, 2006 21:55
Impressive, but as somebody will point out, its a replay and not " real" gameplay footage.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 30, 2006 22:16
i already pointed that out

those graphics will still get better and better and yes i bet the ps3 could do more, this is really impressive stuff we got here
Hiroshi

• Total Posts : 11
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 31, 2006 01:11
not impressive at all for me... infact, if you' ve seen the HD shots from this video you' ll know that the textures are anything but impressive. the video is way too small to see it. also, I don' t think the games will look any better as the sequels of GT games on the PS1 & PS2 have hardly better-looking visuals than their predecessors... of course they were improved, but I wouldn' t call it a leap...

Anyways, it' s true indeed, that polyphony always pushed sony' s systems to the limits... but what should we expect after 3 years of developing? In the end it' s not about the power of the system, it' s about how you' ll use it - polyphony have 10 years of experience in creating racing games and so far they were always ahead of the competition(yet we still have to wait to see destroyable cars in GT series).

The XBOX was more powerfull than the PS2, but they still managed to create the best looking racing games(GT3 & 4) on the last-gen consoles...
But this time it' s just not as impressive as it once was... Not a giant leap anymore, and I don' t think it' s Polyphony' s fault either...
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 31, 2006 03:42
graphics, graphincs, graphics

It sounds terrible! Like a colin Mcrae game from years ago. Where is my high def audio?!
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 31, 2006 04:18
The cars look good, thats about it. But yeah I' m digging the cars.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 31, 2006 04:25

graphics, graphincs, graphics

It sounds terrible! Like a colin Mcrae game from years ago. Where is my high def audio?!

Yea I was just going to say that! It looks gorgeous though, much better than I thought it was going to be. But yea they really need to put as much effort into the sound as they do with the visuals (and not like they do with the AI!)

Nice vids though Aba. Thx.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 31, 2006 04:48

ORIGINAL: uumai

Don' t forget aba, that GTHD comes in two flavours.

1) a 1080p version of gt4 which is a buy cars and tracks etc online (the classic one)

2) the premium version which is a preview of gt5 like the lrologue versions of other gt installment(s)

Gran Turismo HD does comes in two flavours in the same disc, yet both of them clasic -featuring GT4 models- and premium -featuring new models build up from the ground- are in 60fps/1080p native, the cars look georgeus to me, alot better than the ones from forza2, yet the track and the NPC´s need a little work, the game its still far away, and the disc of the game has 4 premium cars and two tracks, so im very happy because they said the game is gonna retail for the production cost of the Blu-ray Disc, the case and the booklet, and we can buy whatever we want.

If this is just a unfinished preview of what GT5 will be i just cant whait
< Message edited by fernandino -- 30 Oct 06 20:49:34 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 31, 2006 04:54
Looks great, now they just need to add in some damage decals and I would be satisfied.
fernandino

RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 31, 2006 07:53
I just remembered, Playsdye has a much better version of this trailer, it also has pics and more video:

Here its the 122 Mb version of the replay
and the 101 Mb version of the menu, it looks georgeus
Here its the page whit all the vids and pics
Real gameplay from Playsdye
< Message edited by fernandino -- 31 Oct 06 0:15:50 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 31, 2006 08:10
Mega bytes not Giga bytes.. hehe
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 31, 2006 08:13
A 122GB video?! Erm, ...no!
fernandino

RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 31, 2006 08:17
lol, what a dumbass am i, well i will have to use magic to fix that mistake...

Bum, done¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

ill be careful next time
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: OMG awesome video of GT HD - Oct 31, 2006 17:29
Gran Turismo! Yawn, I' m already falling asleep just at the thought of the game zzzzzzzzzzz

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll