Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 03, 2007 20:51
..in the long run, does that officially make PS3 cheaper than x360?

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 3 Mar 07 12:52:47 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 03, 2007 20:58

The good news is that the first wave of PS3 games will be priced at £39.99

If it' s only the first games then who cares? But if they stick with the price then it will be cheaper in the long run. Unless Microsoft retaliates of course.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Mar 07 12:58:56 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 03, 2007 21:41
It would work out cheaper if most stores weren' t already selling new 360 games for £39.99 anyway.

I never buy in stores anyway, preferring to buy online, but if all PS3 games are priced at £39.99 then obviously that' s good news. All of Microsoft' s 1st party games have always been £39.99 while 3rd party games have had an RRP of £49.99 which they were until around Christmas time. Now only collectors editions are £49.99.

alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 03, 2007 22:40
Can' t remember the last time I paid over £40 for a 360 game, tend to either get mine on line or at Tesco' s as they seem to have their games priced between 32.99 and 39.97 depending on title. You know how it goes, 6 pints of milk and a copy of crackdown please.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 04, 2007 05:45

The good news is that the first wave of PS3 games will be priced at £39.99

isnt the first wave of ps3 games the titles that have been on 360 for a year such as FNR3, EA 07 games, and Oblivion?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 05, 2007 07:15
Heh, yea by reading the title I thought PS3' s BR games were suddenly going to be £30!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 05, 2007 22:38
Last three games I bought

Lost planet
R6 Vegas
Splinter Cell

All of which I found new on offer for £29.99 - you just need to shop around a bit.

Due to Sony' s tardyness in these territories, this is just putting a positive spin on the fact they are having to match the prices 360 software is allready selling for..

Althuogh I do laugh when I pop in to my local Dixonns and they have early titles like graw for £49.99 - apparently they still sell them at those prices too? Though, when have you ever met a Dixons employee from one of their smaller outlets who who isnt a liar / chav / inbred of some description!
Nitro

RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 05, 2007 22:50

ORIGINAL: musashi

Althuogh I do laugh when I pop in to my local Currys Digital and they have early titles like graw for £49.99 - apparently they still sell them at those prices too? Though, when have you ever met a Currys Digital employee from one of their smaller outlets who who isnt a liar / chav / inbred of some description!

Fixed.
Ikashiru

RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 05, 2007 22:55
Hahah! You are assuming of course that they have bothered to facelift all of their stores nationwide by this point!? Actually here they closed the Currys and Facelifted the Dixons. But yes your right!

Still same poor customer service, god stood by one 15 year old trying to sell a pc system that was a year out of date as being " ten times faster than he could buy elswhere" Just more TV' s running the Beyonce Knowles HD trailer...

I will make sure I abide by the appropriate trademarks in future!
Nitro

RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 05, 2007 23:29
It' s still called Dixons?!

Weird!

[:' (]

But yeah, the store sucks something awful.

Which one is directly related to PC World???
Ikashiru

RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 06, 2007 00:17
I think they all are - well currys / dixons etc..

I think it' s easy to tell if they try to sell you a warranty for a usb memory stick! Hey you might actually get your PS3 a little earlier as it' s comming from game as they estimage the streetdates and my stuff from them normally comes a couple days early!

alijay034

RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 06, 2007 00:32
Currys and Dixons are the same group as PC World, god I love that place, talking of expensive places to buy games, it will be interesting to see what Game sell PS3 games for as they sell 360 games for full price and sometimes over, not just games but periperals as well, example HD DVD for 360 rrp is £129.99 add £20 and that is what game sell it for.
Nitro

RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 06, 2007 00:36

ORIGINAL: alijay034

Currys and Dixons are the same group as PC World, god I love that place, talking of expensive places to buy games, it will be interesting to see what Game sell PS3 games for as they sell 360 games for full price and sometimes over, not just games but periperals as well, example HD DVD for 360 rrp is £129.99 add £20 and that is what game sell it for.

Huh?

Nah. GAME are pretty good with their prices. I' ve only seen collectors editions for >£40.

HMV are pretty good with their buy one get one free offers and Virgin are trying to be competitive.

Gamestation however remain the best highstreet store to buy games from. I mean i prefer indy shops but if i' m buying on the highstreet i' ll usually buy from Gamestation.

I' m buying my PS3 from GAME though because they' re guaranteeing day one units.
alijay034

RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 06, 2007 01:26
Online they are, but in and around Cambridge they are selling new releases for the £49.99 full RRP.

I agree with your points regarding HMV and Virgin, and yes Gamestation are good, but they do tend to be lacking in the face to face customer service side of things. But like I said earlier I tend to get most of my stuff from Tesco' s or online.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 06, 2007 01:51
Yeah Same here, buy online or if i want it there and then game or gamestation
Nitro

RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 06, 2007 03:32
I get most of my stuff from Play.com, and for non-western of US stuff i either buy from one of the local import shops or buy from Play-Asia. It' s just sucky that Play-Asia won' t sell some [Sony] stuff in the EU because of the Lik-Sang ordeal
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 06, 2007 05:58

I never buy in stores anyway, preferring to buy online

Why is that don' t you guys have game store where you are at. I am just curios thats all
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 06, 2007 06:56

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Gamestation however remain the best highstreet store to buy games from. I mean i prefer indy shops but if i' m buying on the highstreet i' ll usually buy from Gamestation.

And they won' t be beaten on trade-in prices! I' m skint just now so have been pretty harsh on which games i keep. i traded in a bunch of mixed wii/360/DS games, got Crackdown and 75 quid in my hand last week. The went to the pub

Also special mention to Asda for doing cheap games after 11pm when you' re really bored and decide to go and get one
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 06, 2007 07:24

I never buy in stores anyway, preferring to buy online

Why is that don' t you guys have game store where you are at. I am just curios thats all

I usually try getting my crap off ebay if i can save $20 or more... unless its something i wouldnt be able to live without
Ikashiru

RE: UK: PS3 Games to cost £10 less than x360 games - Mar 06, 2007 09:02
On ebay now you can generally pay MORE for games than you do elsewhere online - people think its the cheapest except now its becomming the opposite - pays to rumage round for a good deal again. I miss the ebay of 2001!!

The biggest travesty is that - cut to about ten years ago you could go into any games exchange in wilts and it would be stocked floor to ceiling with old skool and state of the art technology, staffed by addicts who loved games and would always chat to you if you knew what you were on about.

I come back a few years later, they buy and sell more weed/crack pipes and crazy frog mobile phone accessories, knives and tat than they do games. They dont even get new 360 titles in anymore, they just give you £10 for them secondhand (if you were stupid enough) then pit them on the shelf for £39.99 even if they have no instructions.. really it is a blot on the high street and gives games a bad name. *almost* makes me want to open a competitor that sells second hand games at half price and really knows what gaming is all about lol.

I miss the heady days of the 90' s and gaming sometimes, and I am not just being overly nostalgic!! Importing stuff ruled, (wasnt clobbered by Sony), playing over a counter till your hearts content motivated you to spend big bucks, so everyone was a winner. Now I just want to slap most people I see in there, including the staff who are all tards.

A few of my students work in gamestation, they seem relitavely more sane apart from the rest - although the bath branch actively went out of their way to Disuade people from buying 360' s telling them all to wait - regardless of your allegiance, that is just bad business sense!

heheh I got a limited edition UK DC from Sega for shifting the most DC' s on pre-order in the UK when I was a supervisor at Game in Leeds whilst I was doing my degree years ago. I even made my own POS and had my own Jap machine running in the window for a good 9 months before launch with Soul Calibur running. Leeds had as many DC' s sold as London - a lot of people might come to hate me for that, but the Sega people liked me and offered me a job in marketing!

But at the time I was happy with the opportunity that had been given to me at Sony / Psygnosis! Inretrospect a year later when SCEE closed their best o the northern studios (they should have closed Liverpool - just compare the quality of CW vengance and Red Sun!) Anyways, I wonder where I' d be now if I' d gone to work with Sega - or would I have been fired when the DC bubble burst!!? I certainly wouldnt have got to work on three playstation titles!

Hmmmn in all that rant there must be a few valid points surely!? Hhaha maybe Kikizo should go into retail hahah (joking!!)
< Message edited by musashi -- 6 Mar 07 1:13:07 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread