Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dmc4 Impressions [for realz]
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 03:39
since the last dmc4 thread has been derailed post your imopressions here!, I' ll let you all know what I think Once I' ve payed it a little more, on mission 10 or so now.. I dont get it you guys have been playing way longer than me and your still on mission 4?? get the thumb out!!

well thats what the menu screen tells me anyway.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 03:58
Heh Silent, I have been going back over the first few missions a few times to get better scores and more souls/orbs. Everything is so damn expensive to buy.

I still suck at dmc though, haven' t graped the whole instant-rev. I can pull it off a fraction of the time. Love doing the comboing though but still haven' t managed SSS ranking, just SS. Damn i mean i was looking at the rankings and there are some ace players, i don' t even resemble a speck on them.

As for the game, it' s pretty good thus farthough gotta say the jungle level is HORRIBLE. The flickering shadows are some of the worst i' ve seen. Certain parts are far worse than others of course, but some i almost couldn' t see what I was doing. Not to mention that within that level there is some awful rate frame places. At one point the game was crawling along... Disappointing.

Love playing with the whole devil arm mechanic though, makes the game fun but i can' t wait for Dante

Silentbomber

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 04:01
I found the framerate to be great, only slowed down once for me and that was in a split sec. I still dont know what those rev sword things do though.
uumai

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 04:14
The revs... when in your combo you can hit L2 and your sword becomes aflame. Your damage to enemy increases. I understand that at the end of moves like high roller etcis when to execute it or for regular swings then the middle of the swing.

Your playing on devil hunter right? Whats your highest level rating? and combo rating?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 06:54
I' m having to soul farm too. Bael gave me some trouble the first time i fought him because he trapped me in the corner and i couldn' t get back out into the arena. I just ended up jumping into his mouth over and over. I took him out easily enough the second time though. Berial is a pussy and i didn' t have any trouble with Echidna but i' m at the Angelo Credo fight and while i i' ve nearly killed him twice, once he takes to the air he' s giving me some trouble. I don' t have any Vital Stars so i' m farming for a short while until i do.

I' ve got the SS achievement but not the SSS. It should be easier to get with Dante.
uumai

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 07:55
Didn' t find the toad too much trouble, though went in it' s mouth once.

The credo angel battle I died on, I also have most of the upgrades that i want, minus any of the yamoto ones. I did manage to get SSS, somehow i killed the angel and 2 empty armors in one hit, i have no idea how...

Majik, On the second level (against berial one) what is your rating? On this level I cannot get better than A. S for time, A for style, and A for orbs. There is a secret stash of orbs down the stairs from the red orb crystal. My arm keeps flashing but i can' t find it >.<

Loving the game though. Just went back over some of the boss battles i didn' t do so well on and upped my rankings.
Nitro

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 07:59

ORIGINAL: uumai

Majik, On the second level (against berial one) what is your rating? On this level I cannot get better than A. S for time, A for style, and A for orbs. There is a secret stash of orbs down the stairs from the red orb crystal. My arm keeps flashing but i can' t find it >.<

A. S for time, A for style and A for orbs like you. The enemies are too weak for me to build up to an S combo. Even Berial. You get to A and then he goes into his stunned position and i go straight for the Buster.
Nitro

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 08:55
Yay, i got my first SSS!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 09:24
I' ve only played the demo on the PS3, but it seemed kind of fun. For me it' d be a $29.99 or less game. I am not fond of the camera even though this one allows you to control it in some places. The boss design looks mega-cool. I came within a pixel of defeating the fire dog in the demo and never tried again.
Silentbomber

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 11:11
how do you check your scores?

I' m on mission 15 with Dante now , its nice to be back with his old set of moves and trick styles from dmc3 but really missing Neros devil bringer.

On the subject of bosses this game is nothing compared to the difficultly of dmc3, I' m finding it easy only dieing maybe once or twice on each boss [figureing out there attack pattern] once that is done they are fun, I really liked the Credo fight, nice open area where the camera didnt stick, yeah I' m finding the camera to be a complete ass when fighting bosses!! nevermind I' m having so much fun with the game now I' ve only played burnout Paradice once. I am sure I will complete dmc tomorrow.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 10 Feb 08 3:12:32 >
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 11:24
I am already going through it on the next difficulty mode, already beat it on human and devil hunter. I am having some trouble with this one cause you at least need an A to be able to move to the next level. Overall, I am very pleased with this new DMC. Nero fits right in and he is fun to play as. And Dante is just incredibly irreverent and over the top, which is always a good thing. Dante' s final mission can be a bit of a hassle, but is one of the best DMC missions ever. It feels very epic. And I really liked how they made Nero be the main character without sacrificing any of Dante' s charm, even when he is not the main focus. The one thing I completely fight over is the camera. I swear it, I know its always been a pain, but it really seems like they' ve taken it to the next level in this new game. And the game is easier than DMC3, which is good, cause that game was fricking unfairly tough! I didn' t had to go and farm souls at all, and so far, I have a pretty good amount of moves that allow me to move fairly quickly in this new mode (except when I don' t get an A) I was kinda disapointed Dante doesn' t have his wall running anymore (the again, Trickster is only on level 2 for me) but Swordmaster is much more powerful than in DMC3. Other than that, I have Gunslinger up to the max too.

As far as Nero and Dante, I miss the devil bringer, but Dante just compensates with the crazy amount of moves and how amazingly strong he is. The bosses with Dante just go down really quickly. It really makes you feel like Dante is that much more powerful than Nero. But Nero' s devil bringer is amazing none-the-less and his buster throws are fricking insane!

As far as rankings, I haven' t gone below a B on any level, but the max I' ve gotten is an S. I can' t seem to get pass that point.

I am really looking forward to what they can pull off in DMC5, this game is fantastic.
< Message edited by chimura -- 10 Feb 08 3:35:06 >
Nitro

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 11:31
Check your scores and achievements (and friends scores and achievements) in ' Network' after you' ve loaded a game.

As for the game, it' s pretty good thus farthough gotta say the jungle level is HORRIBLE. The flickering shadows are some of the worst i' ve seen. Certain parts are far worse than others of course, but some i almost couldn' t see what I was doing

Lost Woods is the absolute worst area for this. Chapter 8 as a whole suffers badly... it' s really annoying, mostly because it could have been avoided completely. I mean, for the mnor camera movement you have, they could have pre-baked the shadows in that level and nobody would have complained. Overall the game is gorgeous though. It' s style is unmatched, the texture quality in general is higher than Heavenly Sword, the models are nicely detailed and the bosses are badass. I was showing my brother the Echidna fight earlier and he couldn' t believe how fast and fluid it was.

nevermind I' m having so much fun with the game now I' ve only played burnout Paradice once. I am sure I will complete dmc tomorrow.

Sony should have paid through the nose to secure both DMC4 and Burnout Paradise as exclusives. Not only are they the best PS3 games available (up there with Ratchet and Uncharted) ...but they' re 2 of the best games this gen so far!
Chimura

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 11:36

Sony should have paid through the nose to secure both DMC4 and Burnout Paradise as exclusives. Not only are they the best PS3 games available (up there with Ratchet and Uncharted) ...but they' re 2 of the best games this gen so far!

I think so too, DMC4 is really amazing! I think that if they correct some of the long living issues in the series (such as the camera), DMC5 could be even better
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 14:16
So, what systems did you guys get it for? I went PS3, because it' s hooked up through HDMI, whereas my 360 is hooked up through component. Plus my PS3 collection is kind of anemic!
Chimura

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 15:52
I went PS3 cause I have all others, and I am used to the PS controller for these kinds of games. Even Ninja Gaiden felt better on PS than Xbox.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 17:52
Does the 360 version have the same shadow flickering problem?
Nitro

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 10, 2008 21:52

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

So, what systems did you guys get it for? I went PS3, because it' s hooked up through HDMI, whereas my 360 is hooked up through component. Plus my PS3 collection is kind of anemic!

PS3. I' m glad i bought a DS3 too

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Does the 360 version have the same shadow flickering problem?

Dunno. The demo' s were identical... but i' ve only had problems with the shadows in Chapter 8 and the demo took parts from Chapters 2 and 3.
Silentbomber

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 11, 2008 00:24
the back tracking in this game is annoying, ... you will be in the forest again, I felt that it was very lazy for Dante to just go back the way Nero came...
Chimura

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 11, 2008 02:33
It makes sense within the story though, I mean, its the way where Dante' s objectives are. It sucks, but it makes sense.
Silentbomber

RE: Dmc4 Impressions [for realz] - Feb 11, 2008 03:10
Just completed it, great game somwhere arond 8/10 but I still think dmc3 is better. I was dispointed with the story in this, dmc3 in comparsion had something a little more involving while this was kind of vague, I was still asking who is Nero and how did he get that arm at the end of the game?

Tip to those who never plyed much dmc4 before.. do not use any items untill the very end. You will thank me.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message