Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sonic RPG (DS) by Bioware
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Sonic RPG (DS) by Bioware - Feb 18, 2008 14:05
http://ds.ign.com/articles/852/852731p1.aspx

Painted 2D graphics is what DS should be used for. This will be a great DS game.
< Message edited by agent Ghost -- 18 Feb 08 6:08:10 >
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Sonic RPG (DS) by Bioware - Feb 18, 2008 16:17
looks quite good, and it will sell like hotcakes no doubt - I know I' ll be purchasing it if not playing it.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Sonic RPG (DS) by Bioware - Feb 18, 2008 16:48
Dammit, this reminds me that my DS as been in the repair bay for 2 months... and my Sonic Rush Adventure hasn' t been played yet because of it.

But that does indeed look good, Bioware really know their stuff. Perhaps they should handle all main console games too, couldn' t do any worse the Sonic Team. This coming from a diehard Sonic fan.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Sonic RPG (DS) by Bioware - Feb 18, 2008 21:43

This coming from a diehard Sonic fan

Sonic still has fans?!
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Sonic RPG (DS) by Bioware - Feb 18, 2008 23:51
If you can make a game like Sonic NG and still sell copies of it...then yeah I' d say you have some serious die hard fans...I' d buy anything that' s Sonic...even going to get zero gravity...although it' s apparently even worse than the first riders.

But yeah each new Sonic game has been worse and worse, with the exception of Secret Rings on Wii, it' s amazing that there are still this much Sonic fans out there. The only Sonic game I haven' t bought in years would be NG, played it a bit and it was just...well it just plain sucked. Missions in Secret Rings can be seriously annoying and hard without a reason and the controls do screw up at times. But you' re playing as just Sonic and later on in the game you' re just going fast. No crappy jumping from floating island to island either. But lots of ground under his feet so he can run fast...a thing he should be doing in each game.

You' d be surprised how many people were willing to give up after NG, but then played Secret Rings and once again gave Sonic Team another chance. From the second it says Sonic it' ll just sell simple as that.

Which reminds me...Nintendo is going to make a shitload of cash on Brawl just by Sonic being in it already.

As for this game, looks great to me. Still need to buy a DS to play rush and rush adventure and then this one as well.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 18 Feb 08 15:59:11 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sonic RPG (DS) by Bioware - Feb 19, 2008 00:10

Dammit, this reminds me that my DS as been in the repair bay for 2 months... and my Sonic Rush Adventure hasn' t been played yet because of it.

Where has your DS been that it' s taking 2 months to repair, the chop shop?

I don' t know about this. On the one hand, it' s Sonic, and Bioware, and it should be absolutely lovely. However, the concept is really alien, and I don' t know what I' m going to think of it. I' ll wait for some gameplay vids before passing deliberation.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Sonic RPG (DS) by Bioware - Feb 19, 2008 06:07
Just an observation, but I noticed that this game, as well as Ninja Gaiden on the DS, have you hold the DS sideways, like a book! Is this something that a lot of games are doing nowadays? If so, it seems like a pretty cool idea as a control scheme!

I guess the first game to do this was one of those " brain" games, right? I don' t know. I don' t own a DS, but I was just wondering.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Sonic RPG (DS) by Bioware - Feb 19, 2008 16:58

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

This coming from a diehard Sonic fan

Sonic still has fans?!

We' re a masochistic group, running on blind faith, but aye we linger still!
< Message edited by killemoff -- 19 Feb 08 8:58:55 >
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Sonic RPG (DS) by Bioware - Feb 19, 2008 19:56

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

Just an observation, but I noticed that this game, as well as Ninja Gaiden on the DS, have you hold the DS sideways, like a book! Is this something that a lot of games are doing nowadays? If so, it seems like a pretty cool idea as a control scheme!

I guess the first game to do this was one of those " brain" games, right? I don' t know. I don' t own a DS, but I was just wondering.

Where did you see that someone holds it sideways? I' ve only seen the screenshots above practically and to me it looks like a screen on top and one on the bottom.

They do look nice though and I think Bioware will pull this off with a good game as a result.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll