Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Incredibles --- WOW!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 06, 2004 04:21
The Incredibles
Every other super hero movie.

I' ve never been this satisfied with a super hero movie, period. For starters, the story has amazing structure to it (something you don' t see in 99% of the films today). When I left the theatre it wasn' t like Spider-Man 2/X-Men 2 where I started to question certain scenes, or the pacing, or moments I thought were just cheesy. The structure left me completely satisfied. And then there' s the characters. Dear lord, there isn' t a single character I don' t like. The CG is incredible, but the directing is even better. The way they worked their powers, and the first real fight scene with Dash is simply-----! The Incredibles is a GREAT movie! Going to see it again tomorrow.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 06, 2004 05:06
Haha man I agree with you 110% Hahah I just saw it with a bunch of friends and I was amazed. I have never liked a movie soooo much!!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 06, 2004 13:15
Ahhh, when I first saw something of this movie, the first trailer, I was a little unsure of it. I was also a little unsure of Finding Nemo and I actually ended up loving that film. I' ve given in and can' t wait for The Incredibles to come out over in the UK. It' s like Pixar can do no wrong. Anything they make turns to gold nowerdays.
Starman Anthony

RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 06, 2004 18:06
Tust me you will like.... I mean LOVE this movie. It' s just very good. The animations and all seems so real too!!
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 06, 2004 20:29
I saw the movie last night -- it was " incredible"
Starman Anthony

RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 07, 2004 00:31
Hahaha My friend called it Incredible Friday! And boy was it!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 08, 2004 00:02
$70.7 million openign weekend. Pixar continues its greatness. And soon they will be separating form Disney allowing them to expand their genius to other fields.

I have yet to see this movie tho but will be soon enuff.
Vincent Cook

• Total Posts : 152
RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 08, 2004 05:22
I havn' t seen it yet as it hasn' t come out here in the Uk. It is due for release on the 3rd of December. I' ve still got a little wait to wait. I have seen lots of trailers and clips and it looks real funny.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 08, 2004 06:43
I was hired by Dolby to go to a local theater and watch each and every one of their prints on Friday. True. I got paid to see it. 4 freakin' times. It took forever but I think the movie is great! I got sick of " Boundin' " really, really fast however. That was the ugliest sheep I' ve seen. In fact all of Boundin' had some of the ugliest animated characters ever. And that audio that accompanied it... uggg!!!

The Incredibles looked pretty good, but you can tell they rendered it at a lower resolution than other Pixar movies. First of all I noticed a lot of aliasing and I was watching it n 35mm film and not digital projection. Aliasing is a given with digital projection, but definitely not 35mm film. I think they just rendered it at the low digital projection resolution and just transferred that to film. Yuck. Should look good on DVD though. The sound mix in this movie is very, very good and if you see it in a good theater, you' ll agree. Unfortunately I saw it at an AMC Theater, and AMC has some of the worst sound in the world, all echo-y and such.

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 11/8/2004 6:44:11 AM >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 08, 2004 14:32

I got sick of " Boundin' " really, really fast however. That was the ugliest sheep I' ve seen. In fact all of Boundin' had some of the ugliest animated characters ever. And that audio that accompanied it... uggg!!!

I have to agree with you on this one Joe. I found it annoying, to say the least. No one around me at the theatre even giggled!
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 15, 2004 23:02
i have to state that " The Incredibles" was a fantaisc movie!! The baby' s abilty was the best. if you are reading this thread and still are " thinking" of see the moive? Do not think any more......... GO SEE THIS MOVIE!! RIGHT NOW!! I AM SEROUS!!
Starman Anthony

RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 16, 2004 04:30
I might go watch it again this Friday. Don' t know yet a little tight on teh money but um I' ll see... wheeee man I am hungry I crave for a Hot Pocket... Mmm
ElectronicsJunkie

• Total Posts : 62
RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Nov 16, 2004 11:00
I took my little siss to go and see it, and we both loved it. Granted that we could almost not stand the annoying little kids around us constantly talking. ARRGG! But other than that, the movie was awesome. It left me wanting to call my girlfriend. We' ll go see it later this week together.
whatabout_paul

RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Dec 04, 2004 23:40
I finally got to see The Incredibles today and it was ace! I can’t believe how good it was. I went in having purposely not read any reviews before hand so I had no pre-conceived expectations of the film. I can’t quite get my head around the fact that it’s a movie for kids of the same age that enjoyed Finding Nemo as it’s quite a lot more complicated and well… better. The first half of the movie which I’d heard described else ware as ‘boring’ was really another amazingly interesting insight into superhero life and what could seriously happen if superhero’s lived among us. Of course the latter half of the movie was full of high action with that story drawing to a close. The relationship the characters shared for one-another was portrayed brilliantly, even ‘Syndrome’ not just being evil just for evils sake.

If I can find an excuse to go see it again soon I will. It’s going to be added to my DVD collection for sure.

One question to the guys of the forum, is it wrong that I kept looking at Elastigirl’s bum throughout the film?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Dec 05, 2004 01:57
I think this flick was aimed at a slightly older audience while still having great appeal for the kids. It shows Pixar has greatness within itself too produce top notch films for all demographics.

Cars, there next and last flick with Disney, looks like it might be just a lil bit like a downer in comparison to what theyve done so far. I sort of think of it as a big " F-U, go make money by yerself now." goodbye too Disney. But, you never know it might break more records I just dont see it happening as easily tho.
whatabout_paul

RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Dec 05, 2004 13:46
I don' t suppose anyone knows who owns the rights to The Incredibles? I' d like to think Pixar does so they could make a sequel if they wanted to. if Disney owns it all we are bound to see is a crappy cartoon series which totally ignores the genius of the actual film.

Mass X, I' m not sure about Cars yet. While the trailer looks ' nice' I can' t imagine a good plot coming from such a premise. To be honest compared to The Incredables it does look a bit ' childish' .
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Dec 07, 2004 00:36
I thought the Incredibles was the last Disney distributed Pixar film. I spoke to a guy from the games developer Travellers Tales last year and (although this is probably common knowledge in the movie biz) he said there were two more Pixar films in the pipeline at that time, one being Cars, and the other a " Rodents" flick. But I could have sworn he said that neither of those were Disney. Were I not so lazy I would IMDB this to find out.

Hopefully going to see the Incredibles VERY SOON. And with any luck, with a HOT CHICK! But the again - maybe not. (I still love my ex, hurrah for the loser!).
whatabout_paul

RE: The Incredibles --- WOW! - Dec 08, 2004 18:44
All I can tell you is that ' Cars' is defiantly being made by Pixar still being with Disney. It says so on the Cars website, so obviously it must be true! Oh, and speaking of cars...

The company (Pixar) and Walt Disney, which markets and distributes its productions, said late on Tuesday that the launch of the seventh and last film made under their current partnership deal would be postponed from November 2005 to June 2006.

The companies said the move was intended to boost profits by launching the animated feature in the summer when most children are not in school.

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/0b22f456-494a-11d9-81c7-00000e2511c8.aspx

Adam, hot chicks rule. I happen to be going out with one myself ^_^ I' m confused though... is this particular hot chick your ex or a separate one?
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 12/8/2004 6:48:34 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message