Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Tekken 6
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Tekken 6 - Feb 16, 2007 21:13
Still waiting for HD screens but until then...

TRAILER
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 16, 2007 21:40
Graphics are underwhelming.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 16, 2007 22:04
As long as it' s as fun as Dark Resurrection I' ll like it.
My friend keeps beating enemies in below two seconds. He uses Paul' s powermoves. 2 seconds...

Where' s the fun in that? I like the fighting, not the winning
Nitro

RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 16, 2007 22:20
I like to repeatedly put fools an their asses and watch their frustration.

Saying that, in VF it' s all about super fast KO' s.

As for the visuals, ...it appears to look much cleaner than VF5 in screens but not as fluid in motion. It looks like the clunky animations haven' t been replaced, but i' m not so bothered about that and it' d probably even take the Tekken feel away from it if they completely changed everything.

Dark Resurrection is my favorite 3D fighting game so like Ginjirou said, as like as long as it' s as " fun" as DR then it can' t fail. I just hope they keep all of the characters from DR too.

I' ve spent an awful lot of time playing as Jin and Kazuya lately so i' m really interested to see how they look in Tekken 6
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 17, 2007 00:30
...any chance it' ll be online?
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 17, 2007 17:35
The visual quality looks weak, but the game will most probably be great fun. This time I might even spend some time and dedication actually learning to play the game rather than just bashing buttons as if they were my worst enemy. I thinks it' s about time I got myself an arcade stick.
L!nk

• Total Posts : 9
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 17, 2007 20:52
my god ... it looks the same
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 17, 2007 22:17
Well, the character models look nicer than VF5, but the backgrounds are really bland comparatively. Although, if this one is online, I' d probably pick it up.

Dark Resurrection is my favorite 3D fighting game so like Ginjirou said, as like as long as it' s as " fun" as DR then it can' t fail.
Never played it. So it' s pretty good then?
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 17, 2007 23:05
The visuals look lame and the animation is terrible, no improvement at all.... for shame.. still better than the E306 vid.
Nitro

RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 18, 2007 00:07

Jaggies?!

Oh my!
Bishonen

RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 18, 2007 04:59

Namco suck monkey sweaty gonads and should of gone belly up years ago...

Tekken still rules though...
Nitro

RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 18, 2007 06:06
Yeah. Tekken is easily their best franchise. They' ve done wonders with PSP hardware though with Ridge Racer/2, Dark Resurrection and Ace Combat all being awesome renditions.

Tekken 5 and Dark Resurrection were/are badass, and Tekken 6 will be just as good. Guaranteed.

Now people may complain about antique animations in the video, but those same people didn' t complain about the animations in DoA4. Now VF5 is far more fluid than both DoA4 and evidently Tekken 6, and even the texture quality in VF5 looks to be much nicer than in Tekken 6 judging by the 720p screens, but then i actually expect Tekken 6 to be more of an extension of Dark Resurrection rather than a built-from-the-ground-up next gen fighter.

Blim was saying that in general the fighting games we' ve seen so far have been underwhelming visually, especially seeing as Fight Night and Def Jam look absolutely fantastic, ...but games like Fight Night and Def Jam aren' t 60fps, and when you' re pushing 720p or 1080p native, a locked 60fps requires some sacrifices.

VF5 looks terrible in screens. Aliasing, noise and blur. 60fps 720p video however tells a very different story. It' s easily the best looking fighting game yet and it bleeds next gen quality.

DoA4 i think is " cleaner" . It just looks sharper than VF5, but the character modeling and lighting isn' t as nice and only the texture quality keeps it in the realms of " next-gen" . DoA4 looks great in screenshots, and i don' t understand why VF5 doesn' t.

Tekken 6 appears to suffer from aliasing, and some of the environments look a little bland. But the video shows new features, most notably the enhanced customization options, and it' s evident that the character modeling is as good as that in VF5. But no matter, ...this is Tekken and Tekken is badass.
Bishonen

RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 18, 2007 06:50
...its also quite possible that the graphics will improve significantly between now and it' s release, a bit like how Resistance did....
Nitro

RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 18, 2007 07:47

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...its also quite possible that the graphics will improve significantly between now and it' s release, a bit like how Resistance did....

Try to bear in mind that what you' re seeing isn' t the PS3 version anyway. All of the media released has come from the arcade versions unveiling and even though the board is directly related to PS3, that doesn' t mean they' ll look the same. The home console version should be much improved. Anyhoo, DR which is available on Sony' s Playstation Network, runs in 1080p and looks fucking amazing. If T6 runs in 1080p too it' ll look tons better than in the 720p screens above.

The most unimpressive and unfortunately obvious thing is that the environments look really basic. They appear flat and oddly basic. You can blame RSX is guess, or simply Sony' s dumbass RAM allocation decision.

But meh, whether the game ends up looking night and day better than this or not, this is Tekken and Tekken fucking owns. People talk about not being graphics whores and then as soon as a big games doesn' t look stunning they all come out to slate it. Games like this are all about gameplay, but ironically, this shit will go nowhere near Wii.
ginjirou

RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 18, 2007 18:01
I' d rather play Tekken 6 with PS1 graphics than DOA4 with 360 graphics.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 19, 2007 01:00
With games like Virtua Fighter and an inevatable new Soul Caliber, does anyone give a damn about tekken? I sure dont.
Nitro

RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 19, 2007 01:34
Soul Calibur?!

Is that some sort of joke???

Tekken and VF are all that matter.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 19, 2007 01:40

With games like Virtua Fighter and an inevatable new Soul Caliber, does anyone give a damn about tekken? I sure dont.

In kikizo' s own story, they mention that VF has never garnered the largest amount of fighting game buyers. So even though it will most likely be better than any of those before it, it' s not gonna take the market.

As far as Soul Calibur, that game is pretty weak IMO, and I could care less if I see one again.

As Nitro said, " Tekken and VF are all that matter" - at least to me.
ginjirou

RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 19, 2007 02:27
What will become of Street Fighter?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 19, 2007 02:45

In kikizo' s own story, they mention that VF has never garnered the largest amount of fighting game buyers.

That' s true in the U.S. and Europe but definitely not Japan..

Virtua Fighter 2 for the Saturn still holds the record for being the highest selling 3D fighter in Japan..

Virtua Fighter 3 was also #1 on the Japanese arcade gaming charts for several years. Quite an amazing feat.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message