Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 My Final Impressions on Bioshock... and yours?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
My Final Impressions on Bioshock... and yours? - Sep 01, 2007 03:44
well this is kind of review but in a very short way, just making points:

+ The atmosphere is excellent, it' s gloomy in a good way and makes rapture comes alive.

+ Great control

+ Great art design

+ Great Story

+ Great sound and voices in everyway, the music makes the mood spot on.

+ longevity is satisfying.

+ the combination of weapons and plasmids makes an arsenal in your hands, it works absolutly well.

BUT

- The graphics while are good lacks variety and suffers technicaly from textures pop in, a plague in games using UE3. There is also some quick pauses in some few part of of the game as if the console is trying to load content from the disc or to be precise, the same effect when your PC is lacking RAM. don' t know if it' s my 360 messing up but this problem was in Gears of war as well.

_ The story is not " THAT" great.

_ The death system was not a very good idea, First because it makes the game very easy, second it makes it less immersif , you don' t care much if you die and other times you do want to die to respawn near the objectif in a second.

_ Later in the game your wrench become useful more than any of your weapons.

_ your character is mute and has no personality.

i' ve been hyped for this game mainly because of the reviews that were skyhigh at the beginning, scoring 99% for a week , starting the game with this score in mind made me feel disapointed. Also comments like those :

This game is unbelievably, unimaginably, uncontestably brilliant!!!

The demo was good but i can see now why the game has gotten so many great reviews. I think this is probably the best game of the generation so far. Everything is perfectly implemented and i can' t think of a single thing i' ve seen so far that i would change. I' ve been completely engrossed for the past couple of hours, the atmosphere in the game simply can' t be described.

I' m in awe.

are over the top ...

The game is Great (AAA) no doubt about it and some elements are truly awesome but for me i don' t think the game is Epic, i mean by that , It doesn' t have the impact of: Resident evil 4, God of war, Final Fantasy 7, metal gear, half life 2, golden eye, mario 64, zelda ocarina of time etc etc... Definitely not in the same league.

My score in gamerankings scale: 91%

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message