Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Searchbar icon for kikizo?
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
Searchbar icon for kikizo? - Jan 09, 2005 19:35
Can we get a searchbar icon for kikizo anytime soon? Its one of the few thins on my Firefox quick searches toolbar that doesnt have a pretty picture from teh site to accompany it. This is an entertainment site..lets get to it.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Searchbar icon for kikizo? - Jan 09, 2005 20:35
Do you mean like an address bar icon, that accompanies your bookmarks? One site that instantly comnes to mind that has what I mean is Google -- let me know and we' ll look into getting one done.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Searchbar icon for kikizo? - Jan 09, 2005 22:49
I think he means a " favicon" . It is a special li' l graphic that goes into your main directory (the same place as the index.aspx). It must be saved in a special format. If you want you can create a " K" graphic or whatnot and size it to 16x16 and save it in .ico format. If you can' t do it, then e-mail me a bitmap version of the graphic and I will convert it for you. Or I can create the whole thing for you. Yes, for free. There are places that actually charge to create favicon.ico' s for you, which seems ridiculous to me.

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 1/9/2005 10:50:51 PM >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Searchbar icon for kikizo? - Jan 10, 2005 10:13
Well we' ve done it now, but only on the Kikizo homepage. (Check it out!)

Unfortunately it doesn' t seem to want to work on the Forums, because of an issue with Cookies. If you bookmark forums.kikizo.com it will probably work, but when you usually arrive at the forum, the URL immeidately changes to include a cookie reference, meaning IE doesn' t recognise the tag for some reason. Default.asp, tt.asp and tm.asp (the forum homepage, forum thread list and discussion pages respectively) all have the relevant code that tells it to look for the favico.ico thing in the forums route (which you can verify is there) but won' t display it in the address bar. Hmmm...
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Searchbar icon for kikizo? - Jan 10, 2005 10:44
heheh cool, I shouldve said somin sooner about having one those put in. It works fine in Mozilla' s Firefox- Homepage, forum, bookmarks.

I dunno but for some reason I just like lil random visuals like throw artound my browser.
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: Searchbar icon for kikizo? - Jan 10, 2005 13:21
hhaha ask and you shall receive eh? Its bothered me for a quite some time, finally I say something, and in les then a day the favicon is up:) Loks good, thanks!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Searchbar icon for kikizo? - Jan 10, 2005 17:17
It' s working for me. But Firefox doesn' t show any favicons on the bookmark list. That' s probably because I' m using a special G4-optimized Mac version. The favicons show up when I select " Manage Bookmarks" and a new window opens, though.

See?

Is the Windows version of Firefox the same? I am too lazy to check.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 1/10/2005 5:19:36 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message