Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 09, 2006 18:48
Yay weve got a Wii kiosk up and going at the store I work at...mmm break time is gonna be so much more entertaining. And since I work overnight I wont have to deal with customers.

Dunno if its playable yet as I only saw a demonstration of all things the wii can do running.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 09, 2006 20:47
....... is it playable? did you find out yet?
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 9 Nov 06 12:48:13 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 09, 2006 20:54
Seen my score of the wii?
Mass X

RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 09, 2006 21:29
I was only there while they were setting it up I dont go back in for work til friday...tho I could just stop in during the day and see whats up.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 09, 2006 21:57
I' m going to a 5 hour Ninentendo event this weekend in South Beach. I' m not sure what to expcet other than Wiis everywhere. Maybe this time I' ll have some fun with it compared to E3.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 09, 2006 22:19

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I' m going to a 5 hour Ninentendo event this weekend in South Beach. I' m not sure what to expcet other than Wiis everywhere. Maybe this time I' ll have some fun with it compared to E3.

Do me a favor and check out Red Steel. If it sucks then i may just blow Wii off and focus on 360 this Christmas. Obviously i want Twilight Princess but if there' s nothing else decent on the platform until next year then i' d get the Gamecube version instead.

I really want Red Steel to be good...
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 09, 2006 23:13
Aren' t you forgeting Excite Truck Majik. And isn' t Twilight Princess enough of a reason to get a Wii at launch!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 09, 2006 23:20

Aren' t you forgeting Excite Truck Majik. And isn' t Twilight Princess enough of a reason to get a Wii at launch!

Not for people who arent fond of zelda!
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 09, 2006 23:37
I dunno... maybe if she had bigger tits .
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 09, 2006 23:39

Not for people who arent fond of zelda!

Not many of those!!
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 10, 2006 01:45

Oh you' re in Florida, cool I moving back there this weekend, (Ive been living in georgia for 8 months, it sucks) I live in Tamarac, where is the event in Miami?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 10, 2006 02:24

Do me a favor and check out Red Steel. If it sucks then i may just blow Wii off and focus on 360 this Christmas. Obviously i want Twilight Princess but if there' s nothing else decent on the platform until next year then i' d get the Gamecube version instead.

I really want Red Steel to be good...

Did you watch the newest episode of the 1up show? It discusse Halo3, Zelda TP, Gears of War, Yoshi' s Island DS, and Red Steel. What they show doesnt impress. The aim looks sloppy and the graphics look about as good as N64 GoldenEye.

Im sorta losing my respect for 1up though, as 2 of their people bashed Yoshis Island DS over nothing, and they seemed like they were trying to push Red Steel dispite it being mediocre, I mean for Christs sake, they brushed aside hard to aim as a " minor annoyance" in a FPS!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 10, 2006 02:54

Dunno if its playable yet as I only saw a demonstration of all things the wii can do running.
Betcha' money it is. My brother (Die_Hounderdoggen) & I had the distinct pleasure of being the first customers to try the one out in my local EB. They asked for a Govt. ID of some kind. (Social Security/Drivers Liscence) & I traded that in for a Wiimote. When I was done, I traded it back.

My first impressions with the Wii:

First off, it' s a little strange being one of the first people to actually try out the Wii on the forums, just thought I' d get that out of the way.

The Wiimote: I' d heard complaints about it being a little too heavy, but I thought the size/weight was absolutely perfect. I don' t have huge hands & it accomidated me nicely. The rumble was actually better than I thought, I' ll touch more on this later. I found NO PROBLEMS I' ll say that again, NO PROBLEMS With lighting & the sensor bar/Wiimote. My brother & I both shone bright LED flashlights into the sensor bar at the same time, & we still had almost no problems. Rumour debunked.

The Wii Console: The Wii was suprisingly quite quiet. I expected the fans to have to compensate pretty badly for the space issues, but it was pretty dang quiet. The interface was smooth & easy to navigate once I toned down the sensitivity. You' d have to be on serious amounts of dope to not jitter with the default settings. Mii channel was working & I have to say, I' m pretty impressed, I spent as much time on the little character creator as I did Excite Truck.

Excite Truck: I started up the Wii & got my first taste of the new control scheme. My first reaction was to overexaggerate every single movement, but I found myself spinning out of control, into trees, & off of cliffs. It requred only subtle wrist movements to control my truck. The visuals had their ups & downs. The actual earth portion was quite nice, & the textures were crisp. But the tree' s branches in the Dublin map were X-shaped. You don' t notice it from the ground, but it looks kinda ugly from the air. Running through one icon gave you a huge speed boost, & running into another shot a huge mound of dirt up from the ground for you to jump over. The single player was entertaining, but it was the multiplayer that really shone.

That' s all I can think of at the moment. I' m heading back there a little later today.
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 10, 2006 04:33
Does anyone know if there are any Wii kiosks up in London?
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 10, 2006 05:54
Thanks for the insight Eddie, look forward to more info regarding your hands on exprience with Wii. Have you tried Wii sports yet?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 10, 2006 10:34
Nope, all I could try was Excite Truck, which was disappointing, because if the console was already out, I' m not sure I' d touch it. But, something made me spend another hour up there today putzing around on Mii channel again.

I might post further tomorrow.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 10 Nov 06 2:35:03 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 10, 2006 10:40
I saw a booth with a Wii but it wasn' t playing any games and there wasn' t any controllers connected to it, on the screen above was a video being played, in the video a nitendo girl named susan pretty much explains what the wii is about and all that.
Mass X

RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 10, 2006 23:46
Ya thats about all I saw...:( A friggin wii just sitting there but cant do a dman thing but watch te video over and over again...
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 11, 2006 02:40
They don' t have the ' motes attatched to the console. I had to get ' em from behind the counter.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Woohoo we got a Wii kiosk up! - Nov 11, 2006 09:52
I' d tap Susan.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages