Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 2 for PC
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
Halo 2 for PC - Mar 07, 2007 15:30
Interview with executive producer of the studio responsible for porting it over.

I love this part of the interview

You' ll need a 2GHz CPU, 1GB of RAM, and a decent DirectX 9 video card. The game will not use DirectX 10, so you won' t need the latest video card to play it. However, you will most definitely need Windows Vista, because Halo 2 will only run on Windows Vista PCs. According to Clowes, that' s because the game takes advantage of many Vista-only features, such as rapid install.

Thats the best reason they could come up with for making it a Vista only game? Rapid install? Thats pretty sad, and a flimsy excuse for trying to get more Vista sales. I would have considered getting the game before, but I' m not paying MS for an OS I don' t need or want. If I ever have Vista on this comp, it' s because I found a cracked version to download.

The one thing that does interest me is the part about Live service. I mentioned in another thread that I hoped XBL and Windows Live would be a package deal, and cost no more than XBL does now. Turns out thats the case. I can see why they were interested in doing TV downloads over live now. The 360 might not have a big enough HD to take advantage of it, but any computer would(excluding Old Bertha as Eddie affectionately calls her).

It' s a shame though, I would' ve like to use mouse/keyboard to kill some angry american children and laugh at their pathetic verbal skills while they yell at me.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 08, 2007 05:37

Thats the best reason they could come up with for making it a Vista only game? Rapid install? Thats pretty sad, and a flimsy excuse for trying to get more Vista sales. I would have considered getting the game before, but I' m not paying MS for an OS I don' t need or want. If I ever have Vista on this comp, it' s because I found a cracked version to download.

I think rapid Install is an example. Im sure there are other features. I do think that Rapid install seems pretty handy, but not to make halo2 vista only. there has to be other reasons
Dagashi

RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 08, 2007 05:55
I highly doubt there are many good reasons. Other than the fact that Live for PC is vista only as far as I know, which is simply because MS are trying to push it as the new OS you must have.

I think they are really gonna suffer a lot of sales making it Vista only, but I doubt they care. It' s already sold so much, and I imagine they are using as more of a title to push Live for Windows, and Vista rather than make money off it.
A_Wiiner

• Total Posts : 23
RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 08, 2007 08:43

This is why i hate economics lol they like to fuk us all over because they want us to buy their retarded operating system. i hate that! Microsoft is gay.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 08, 2007 21:37
Come off it, after a year or so an OS drops to around £60-100 on average - and for that you get 6-7 years out of it. Considering everything it does thats ok - I' ve seen enough OS' es come and go to know that give it a year and we will ALL be switching regardless... works out at less than 4p a day, don' t get me wrong, I guess I' ve just got used to it!

It' s not as bad as with cars where we pay tax to have a car on the road, tax soon if its off the road, tax on fuel is more than the fule itself, plus VAT on anything we buy for the car.. thats just one example mind,

If you want to hate someone, hate the man / government / power - or write another OS which is better for me so I dont need to spend my money!
Dagashi

RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 09, 2007 03:09

after a year or so an OS drops to around £60-100 on average

Thats still $136 to $227 CDN. All for an OS I don' t want, that does nothing I need. I will get Vista, you are right. But I' m not paying for it. I will get a cracked version. I' m not paying MS for a bunch of features they copied from Mac OS, and then hype up with their fucking lame ass " WOW" campaign. Oh, slidy pictures, thats really amazing, because Mac didn' t do that 5 years ago, not to mention a f' ing iPod can do it.

I' m not a mac fan. In fact I don' t like them one bit. Only being able to upgrade ram is stupid, and making the PC and monitor as one is just dumb. What if I want to get a new comp but I like my 22" monitor, or what if I want a monitor with better refresh and contrast, but want my computer. However, they do a lot more for innovation, the base code is secure, and they update their software far more, and don' t bring it out every 6 years in a $400 package.

I didn' t buy Windows XP, and I won' t buy Vista. I will continue to use cracked versions that someone smarter than me makes.

If MS wants my money, they can have it through their Xbox, because even if its made poorly, it has good games, and offers a lot of what I want in a product.
Dagashi

RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 09, 2007 04:12
Now that I' m done ranting, I will be a bit more clear with my statements.

I don' t like being forced to buy something that I don' t want, in order to use things that shouldn' t require it.

Vista offers very few fundamentally important things to the OS. Yet, they want me to believe that all new programs will need it, or should need it. They are going to put massive pressure on the industry to change over to Vista, and purposely make things Vista only. MS is a master at doing things like this, and will basically leave you no option but to use Vista within 3 years.

It just really bugs me. I don' t need all the fancy graphics and animations it uses, and would much prefer an OS that taxes my system far less. , Instead of making a product I want they are making a product that I need, to run the things I want, regardless of whether or not it really true.
mastachefbkw

RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 09, 2007 06:27

I didn' t buy Windows XP, and I won' t buy Vista. I will continue to use cracked versions that someone smarter than me makes.

Your still using lower than XP?!!!!
Dagashi

RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 09, 2007 06:29

Your still using lower than XP?!!!!

No, I use XP Proffesional. I' m just saying I won' t buy Vista, I will use a cracked version, just like my three computers at home use for windows XP.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 11, 2007 09:00
That' s Microsoft for you - con artists and crooks.

Nobody wants to play that trash on PC anyway, Halo is for console amateurs.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 11, 2007 10:07
Why use a cracked copy, just purchase one and run 6 pc' s off the same version! All you do is say you replaced the Hard drive or MB. Not that I would condone that of course....

But it is wrong of M$ to force people or rather gamers into having to purchase an OS that will need to be patched more frequently than XP is at the moment and is likely to have more security issues than the Americans trying to bring peace to the middle east.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 11 Mar 07 2:09:32 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 11, 2007 11:05

Thats still $136 to $227 CDN. All for an OS I don' t want, that does nothing I need. I will get Vista, you are right. But I' m not paying for it. I will get a cracked version. I' m not paying MS for a bunch of features they copied from Mac OS, and then hype up with their fucking lame ass " WOW" campaign. Oh, slidy pictures, thats really amazing, because Mac didn' t do that 5 years ago, not to mention a f' ing iPod can do it.

I' m not a mac fan. In fact I don' t like them one bit. Only being able to upgrade ram is stupid, and making the PC and monitor as one is just dumb. What if I want to get a new comp but I like my 22" monitor, or what if I want a monitor with better refresh and contrast, but want my computer. However, they do a lot more for innovation, the base code is secure, and they update their software far more, and don' t bring it out every 6 years in a $400 package.

If MS wants my money, they can have it through their Xbox, because even if its made poorly, it has good games, and offers a lot of what I want in a product.

...please don' t talk about Macs if you don' t know shit about them... ...otherwise you' ll end up looking as stupid as certain posters (akabilygatestcumdrinkers) did in this thread...
Dagashi

RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 11, 2007 11:10

..please don' t talk about Macs if you don' t know shit about them... ...otherwise you' ll end up looking as stupid as certain posters (akabilygatestcumdrinkers) did in this thread...

I know enough to know I don' t want one. My cousin is a Mac junkie and has been running networks for years and years. He tells me about them all the time, and I do listen to him. I' m not talking about the Apple towers, I' m talking about their other products. Their towers cost a huge sum of money, and are not what I' m after.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 11, 2007 11:35
...well Macs have always been the thing for Aesthetic, Music, and Video professionals... ...the " Creative" as they like to be known....

...so if that isn' t your bag and you just wanna shoot aliens or haxx the FBI, then obviously you' d be better off with a PC.... ....i just find it funny when MSFB' s try talking about them within the context of gaming or writing code ect...

....lol, it' s like hating a cat for not being a dog, you know?

...anyway, i think this vista stunt can only hurt Halo 2 sales, especially considering how old Halo 2 is now...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 11 Mar 07 3:39:17 >
Dagashi

RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 11, 2007 16:20

...anyway, i think this vista stunt can only hurt Halo 2 sales, especially considering how old Halo 2 is now...

yah, thats why I say it more of a marketing feature for them than anything. Just another thing to draw attention to Windows Live, and Vista.
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 11, 2007 17:07
Why would I want a mac for browsing the web? You can' t even upgrade java.... You have to upgrade your whole OS just to get a new version. They probably won' t have 1.6 for another year.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 11, 2007 21:49
Which PC owners want to play Halo?? Halo is complete shit compared to game like HL2.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 12, 2007 01:46

Why would I want a mac for browsing the web? You can' t even upgrade java.... You have to upgrade your whole OS just to get a new version. They probably won' t have 1.6 for another year.

Have I told you that I love having a voice of sanity and logic?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 12, 2007 03:50

give it a year and we will ALL be switching regardless... works out at less than 4p a day, don' t get me wrong, I guess I' ve just got used to it!

Not really, I' m content with Windows 2000. Win2000 is the last Microsoft OS to not bother retard-proofing every last little thing. My consumer electronics aren' t supposed to talk down to me, and I won' t support an OS that does. If I want to change a filetype, it' s for a good reason, not because I stumbled upon some alien menu & started to screw around like a little nooblet. Windows Vista is the ultimate in baby-stepping your consumer. I' ve spent a couple of hours with it & can' t stand the pandering.

As for Halo 2 being vista only? If you missed the bandwagon in 2003, sucks to be you. You' re not going to like it any more or less with a mouse & keyboard.

If I ever do decide to update, I' d buy it for the sake of the map editing tools, and that' s it.
mastachefbkw

RE: Halo 2 for PC - Mar 12, 2007 04:52

That' s Microsoft for you - con artists and crooks.

Nobody wants to play that trash on PC anyway, Halo is for console amateurs.

Yeah, because MS are the only crooks in the gaming business

Nintendo Nickel and dimes you to death (for example: The console may be $250, but for a wiimote and nunchuck combo its close to $70, not to mention Memory Cards)

And Sony. They made a console full of shit i dont need for $600 with no games. I swear, people fuss about paying $250 for a toy(wii) when people who bought a PS3 payed $600 for a DVD player
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message