Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Whats wrong with Mass Effect.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 14, 2008 02:17
So I started to play this again recently, I didnt play much of it before, but after just finishing gta4 I need something... I like Mass Effect, I really like Mass Effect... but I hate Biowares half finished game. The techincal problems dont bother me as much as the gameplay ones... checkpoints, or more of the lack of them... I havent played a game in a long time that doesnt autosave after a good 30 mins but man is it frustating to die and restart 10 miles away and all the enemys respawned... and the buggy car is cool, nice to see Bioware decided to let me drive over anything but the driving sucks.. it controlls like jelly..

Bah im just annoyed at this game...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 14, 2008 03:21
Duuuuud, you can save anytime manually!

Except in combat.  The game is wicked, I'm playing it on PC. 

eQuinox

• Total Posts : 9
Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 14, 2008 03:59
Yeah I was initially unhappy with the saving thing and still am, just have to remember to save more often still a great game.

As for the driving complaint...couldn't agree more that is the most frustrating thing in the whole game it controls so bad that I often end up driving off some ledge.

My other major complaint would be that their seems to be no way to have your companions use their decryption skills, my character is 100% biotic so anything above average decryption is impossible to open...and that quarian is supposedly a whiz with technology why can't she open it?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 14, 2008 05:40

my character is 100% biotic so anything above average decryption is impossible to open

Yeah that's a stupid design decision, one of my few complaints with the game. 

Another complaint I have is that I spent hours trying to scan the "Caretakers"  I think they're called, there's like 21 of them and I'm missing one.  I can't find it anywhere!  FUCK!  It's just one stupid side quest but it irritates the shit out of me to be missing one after finding all the other ones.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 14, 2008 06:37
why not look up the locations in a faq`? i found all of them..

I dont recall having problem with decrypting with my npc's i played Full Biotic and Soldier the two times iv played through.

I should play through on pc, but id feel like a jackass for paying twice.
Silentbomber

Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 14, 2008 15:48
What is Biotic?

I was getting my ass handed to me sereral times then I realized I could upgrade my stats ....

The charater cus is good though, post pics of your guy, the uglyest wins.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 14, 2008 16:19
Biotics are the magic, throw and the likes!

A advanced biotics will stomp through everything, so will an advanved solider, kinda unbalanced
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 14, 2008 20:31
Pansies!  Complaining about save points!?  Many of the people on this forum started out playing games with NO save points!  Either beat the level, or start over.  Puts hair on your balls!

Also, if you're complaining about the autosave feature on a game where you can save manually, you should be banned from playing video games forever!
Silentbomber

Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 14, 2008 21:36
well it at least let me know if it has the feature or not.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 15, 2008 02:41
Silentbomber

well it at least let me know if it has the feature or not.

?

When you pause the game it has an option that says "Save Game".
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 15, 2008 20:17
my main complaint is that there is very little difference between playing as paragon and renegade. Sure some people get a bit more upset playing as the latter, but it doesn't appear to affect the story really. If there was a difference then I would have been more diligent in finishing my second playthrough.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 16, 2008 15:00
For some reason i read the title as "whats wrong with Too Human". Speaking of which, wheres 2pac? Is he immersed in Too Human's world or did he shoot himself in the mouth because it wasnt what he expected?

Back on topic:
 I played Mass Effect on PC for a while (30min-1hr) and i think its a good game. I was able to save when i quit but i didnt go back to continue. Well guess now is a good time to do so.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 16, 2008 19:19
Chee Saw

Pansies!  Complaining about save points!?  Many of the people on this forum started out playing games with NO save points!  Either beat the level, or start over.  Puts hair on your balls!

Also, if you're complaining about the autosave feature on a game where you can save manually, you should be banned from playing video games forever!

Agreed, nice post cnt btw.
Silentbomber

Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 17, 2008 23:22
bah saving manually is a pain and I shouldnt have to do it.

whats next? bringing back wired controllers??
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Whats wrong with Mass Effect. - Aug 18, 2008 04:20
Agent Ghost

Duuuuud, you can save anytime manually!

Except in combat.  The game is wicked, I'm playing it on PC. 

Exactly.

My advice - stop playing it like a shooters, its an RPG, and in RPGs you can typically save almost whenever the fuck you want.

And finally I think this game is much more enjoyable with the "magic" classes which in this case are bio&tech, engineer, adept, sentinel, playing as a soldier cheapens the game so much.
<message edited by emofag on Aug 18, 2008 04:24>

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message