Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Europe, Microsoft' s top priority ?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Europe, Microsoft' s top priority ? - Sep 22, 2007 06:02

" The No. 1 objective is to win on a global basis and that may mean winning some markets and losing others,' ' said Greenberg in an interview at the Tokyo Game Show yesterday."

i wonder if this is a good idea and what is the impact on us the consumers, if they abandon japan, wouldn' t that affect the attraction of japanese developers ? if we don' t see japanese games on the xbox console, specialy Jrpg' s, wouldn' t that affect all players around the world?

are they just talking about the marketing to attract the japanese consumer NOT the japanese developer ? if that' s the case then this sounds much better, we need japanese developers so bad but we need microsoft to move its marketing funds from japan to europe, at least this territory is responding to microsoft if they show anything worth it... with Japan, no matte what they do, there is almost no difference. so what do u guys think?
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Europe, Microsoft' s top priority ? - Sep 22, 2007 06:10
Actually I have to kinda agree with you on this. It is really difficult for Microsoft. They need to have a strong presence in Japan to attract japanese devs, but on the other hand, marketing money spend in Japan is actually wasted money. So if Microsoft is really going to sorta abandon the japanese market I sure hope they have gathered enough japanese developers around them. Capcom shouldn' t be such a big problem, but I believe this' ll make the 360 much less attractive for smaller devs like Treasure.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Europe, Microsoft' s top priority ? - Sep 22, 2007 06:33
I understand MS,if they still try and work on Japan,while adding focus to EU that will probably leadt o the best result,but as you guys hinted,they cant abandon Japan.

And if they do,hire+pay for certain developers and make for ex Mistwalker into a MGS studio ffs.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Europe, Microsoft' s top priority ? - Sep 22, 2007 08:31

Actually I have to kinda agree with you on this.

is it that hard to agree with me nowadays?
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Europe, Microsoft' s top priority ? - Sep 22, 2007 10:03
No actually not. But I used to mostly disagree with you some time ago. That has changed now, though.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll