Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 27, 2006 10:22

For people who wondering,they sell Xbox360 premium+DOA4+Dynasty warrior,for a price of ~210-220 USD...

Ahum...i hope retailers in japan still sells 360 untill LO/BD is out...
Intellectualdiot

• Total Posts : 9
RE: Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 27, 2006 13:14
When your console struggles to sell one thousand units on a weekly basis and has currently moved less cumulative units than each of the prior generation consoles in 2006, I think drastic measures such as these must be undertaken. (If this sounds too incredible to be true for anyone, feel free to look it at gamesarefun.com. Though it' s beyond me why anyone would lie about something this trivial and verifiable.)

But then again, it was already a rip-off when MS sold the Premium X360 in Japan for the price of the North American Core. I understand the concept of gauging the marketplace, but it somehow doesn' t make that pill any easier to swallow.

I wonder if the impact of Blue Dragon and/or Lost Odyssey will be profound? It was posited that DoA4 would increase the X360 userbase significantly, which it did... for about a week' s worth of sales. Perhaps the names behind the Mistwalker titles can prove to give a Microsoft console a real taste of success overseas for once. Though even if they don' t, I wouldn' t be terribly suprised to see them ported to other hardware. (Either way, I just want the games to come to America.)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 27, 2006 20:39

I wouldn' t be terribly suprised to see them ported to other hardware

???

Such as?
QuezcatoL

RE: Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 27, 2006 20:53
Here is the problem...
MS said they was gonna get the japanese consumers,and now they done worse then xbox,and they can hardly say anything else then they done a big failure with that in E3,or else its a lie,and btw,do anyone here think 360 will be any more expensiver? when ps3 shows up for ex? ofc ,not,so what price can we see then...

Japanese MS division,need to stop delivering cd' s at stores as kikizo wrote about,and put it into marketplace,and MS need to find more japanese dev,its kind of hard to say,well we have sakaguchi and those games are coming at a uncertain date,but plz wait and buy 360 instead of ps3 while its out.

Is 360 a failure? ofc not,also the console is getting awesome titles,but the thing is,many games that we like doesnt jap market like,so its hard to please jpn market,but...MS should either treat us better,or skip jpn.

oh btw a japanese friend of mine actually have oblivion.
So i guess some over there knows about it.

A tip for MS,become publisher for much much much more games,and do a contract with S-E if you dont have ff or dq as multiformat,you lost fever.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 27 Mar 06 12:55:10 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 27, 2006 22:03
...i think that the above mentioned 360 package is Microsoft thinking along the right lines....

...and it IS important for M$ to be overly concerned about Asian consumers... ..because the more popular 360 is with Japanese gamers, the more likely it will be able to generate more Japanese Developer support...

..surely?...

...perhaps they just need to get more Japanese in their bribes though....

...like, for example... ... also including a free hentai doujinshi starring Joanna Dark and Ms. Kameo with each 360...

...i' d buy it...
JoeRediferIsCool

• Total Posts : 74
RE: Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 28, 2006 11:05
A bit off the topic but why do u put periods in front and after what ur saying and then put juge gaps in between the next sentence. Im gona guess you think your cool, mabe ur a goth, or mabe u talk really slow
Intellectualdiot

• Total Posts : 9
RE: Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 28, 2006 15:45
I don' t know why they do it (I doubt it' s because they think it makes them " cool" ... give them a little credit), but I usually abuse ellipses too. Of course, not quite on the level of our Bishonen here, but it' s more than the average usage. Either way, it' s supposed to notate a purposeful omission for the sake of conciseness, but I generally use them incorrectly as a bridging point between tangential elements of the same conversation.

Well, this post was relatively worthless wasn' t it?
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 28, 2006 16:52
Does it matter how well it sells in japan and how much it costs? Its not really going to change anything for us. MS is still going to fight for the exclusive game developers all the same. I say let the Japanese enjoy their outdated gameplay mechanics, I don' t have much hope for a country whos most popular gaming console is still the nes.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 28, 2006 21:16

it' s supposed to notate a purposeful omission for the sake of conciseness

...dude... ....you are the second coolest person here....
Nitro

RE: Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 28, 2006 21:31
Japan will never take to a Microsoft console and both Nintendo and Sony know that. It doesn' t matter how many Japanese developers Microsoft get or how many exclusive titles they get.

Microsoft need to be focusing on Europe and the US because that' s where they are strongest and that' s where they have a good chance of dethroning Sony.

Microsoft don' t need to all out WIN the sales war, they just need to weaken Sony enough so that in the NEXT generation Sony are in a VERY uncomfortable position. See, Sony HAVE to do as well as they' ve done before because otherwise the money they stand to lose will completely screw them into the ground.

Sony are betting the farm on Blu-Ray and it' s related technologies. The company has invested pretty much all of it' s money in Blu-Ray and Playstation 3, so theres more at stake than most realise.

Whilst Microsoft won' t make much ground in Japan, Nintendo could come out ahead of Sony since the Japanese market is changing, something evident from the incredible success of DS compared to PSP. Elsewhere it' s much more even but in Japan DS is the clear leader by quite a way.

The Japanese will go nuts for Revolution, that' s definate!
QuezcatoL

RE: Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 28, 2006 21:39
Well,just look at how many ps2 was sold in diffrent market...

American 30 million
European 28
Jpn 18 million

So the japanese market isn' t the key to winning,thats for sure.
Nitro

RE: Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 28, 2006 23:01
Nobody is saying it is.

It' s definately imporatant as far as getting Japanese developers goes though!

whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Omg...wtf?! Jpn xbox360 price... - Mar 29, 2006 13:49
All they need is one killer app.

If viva pinata is as good as it sounds, it might just be that killer app.

Otherwise, i have no idea why it' s not selling, perhaps they need better adds?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll