Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 02, 2008 13:23
Link

Perhaps you read today' s blog post by 1UP Network editor Matt Leone, but if you haven' t, here' s the skinny: We received the final boxed version of God of War: Chains of Olympus for PSP this morning. And on the back of the manual? A teaser image for God of War III for the PlayStation 3.

The tease is almost exactly the same as the one featured on the back of the manual for God of War II, which originally confirmed that a God of War game was in the works for the PSP. The only difference this time is there' s no hint at a release date -- only the words " Coming Soon" with a PS3 logo, as opposed to the slightly more specific (and eventually incorrect) " Coming 2007" featured on the God of War II manual.

Of course, we already knew God of War III was in the works for the PlayStation 3. Hopefully with this far more overt tease, though, it means more details on the game will soon follow as well.

Sure it might just be an advertisement that means coming soon, but its a confirmation none the less. Too bad they didnt say a relatively specific date. There should be a real teaser video soon. Looks like I' ll be getting a PS3 sooner than I thought.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 02, 2008 14:02
at least gears of war and god of war aren' t on the same numbers
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 03, 2008 00:10
Who' s in charge of the game this time?

By the way, those acronyms have confused me before. First God of War was GOW. Then Gears of War came out and all of a sudden that game got the acronym. Which got kind of confusing on some forums :P
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 03, 2008 04:26

By the way, those acronyms have confused me before. First God of War was GOW. Then Gears of War came out and all of a sudden that game got the acronym. Which got kind of confusing on some forums :P
Its easy to tell the difference now because Gears of War is on its second game and God of War is on its third game.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 04, 2008 01:03
Yes, we' re lucky now :P In the beginning it was a bit more confusing.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 04, 2008 10:48

Who' s in charge of the game this time?

Ready at Dawn. The same people that made the Daxter game and are handling Okami on the Wii.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 04, 2008 12:42
I personally just try to call it Gears and ignore the acronym. Everyone knows what you mean when you say " Gears" .

I have found that many people refer to Gears as GoW and God of war as - GOW.

I can' t wait for God of War 3, but I' m not expecting it this year, more like March 09.

canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 05, 2008 05:53

I can' t wait for God of War 3, but I' m not expecting it this year, more like March 09

More likely a fall release for God of War III in 2009. This is a system seller, so it would make more sense to release during the Holiday Season.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 05, 2008 06:01
What I mean is that I believe that is the soonest we could see it. Though just as you said, releasing it as a fall 09 game with an undoubtedly much much cheaper ps3 would sell a ton of units.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 05, 2008 06:44
No... i have it penned for a March/April 2009 release too.

canadagamer

RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 06, 2008 01:16

Really?? You don' t think that this is a game that would be best suited for a fall Holiday release? I' m just thinking in terms of the time of year, and the fact that this game WILL be a system seller.

Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 06, 2008 02:15
God of War 2 came out in March and that did pretty well on that date.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 06, 2008 02:22
there is not a single chance that god of war3 will be released in 2008, it will be out april/march according to the history of the franchise .
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 06, 2008 03:49

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

Really?? You don' t think that this is a game that would be best suited for a fall Holiday release? I' m just thinking in terms of the time of year, and the fact that this game WILL be a system seller.

God of War - March 2005
God of war II - March 2007
God of War: Chains of Olympus - March 2008

canadagamer

RE: GOW III " teaser" in Chains of Olympus - Mar 06, 2008 03:59
I understand that completely. I guess I should have said " I think that it would be best for them to release the game during the Holiday Season, because I believe that it would benefit both parties in terms of game and console sales" .

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll