Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The PS3 Song
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 40
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 22, 2007 14:24
Sad but true...lol 4D graphics. Actually my favorite quote by Ken is " Microsoft shoots for the moon. Sony shoots for the Sun." LOL, if I had an entire lifetime to make a spoof of PS3, I' d never be able to beat that line.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 22, 2007 14:33
Pretty damn funny. Biased as all hell, but funny none the less.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 22, 2007 14:42
How is it bias? Does the guy own MS or Nintendo stock? He simply made a spoof, nothing he said was innaccurate. He presented selected facts to pursuade people on his point of view. Based on your logic anyone who has an opinion and presents their point of view is bias. Maybe he' s a fanboy, but he' s not bias (at least not based only on this video). He could easilly turn around and make a spoof on the Wii and/or 360.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 22, 2007 22:09
It' s not until you hear Phil Harrison um and er his way through questions that you realise just how much of dumbass he really is or rather how badly informed he has been. That song is genius and yes Ghost it could have been written about any of the consoles so I agree with you it is in now way biased, just very very witty.
Dagashi

RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 03:59
So it starts and he says " despite having no good exclusive games, they make all sorts of ridiculous claims" . Ok, Resistance got very good reviews, and is a great exclusive game, so thats obviously wrong and biased, as the only people that try to pretend its a terrible game are either MS fanboys, or people that don' t like FPS, but he obviously does like FPS because he goes on to mention Halo a bunch.

Then he says " sure i can surf the net but I can' t find my gaming friends" . When in actuality you can add friends in the main ps3 interface, and also add buddies, friends and clans in games like resistance. Sure its not as good as live, but to say it doesn' t have it is just wrong. Obviously he doesn' t have a ps3.

He then says " killzone sucked before, what made you think we wanted more?" Hmmmmmmmm, might be the fact that it had huge sales. I' m not one to say that proves its a good game, but it does make sense for game makers to make a sequel when their first sells that well.

Then he cuts and edits a Phill Harrison quote to make him go " umm" for an extended period of time. Meanwhile throughout the video he shows the xbox repeatedly, and shows that display in Australia which for whatever reason has an xbox under a ps3 piece of cardboard.

Now, I guess I had to explain all this to prove its biased, which should be blatantly obvious in the first place.

Regardless, I still find the song funny, and can easily laugh at it. However, to just blindly believe everything he says is a little asinine.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 04:19

ORIGINAL: Avarice

So it starts and he says " despite having no good exclusive games, they make all sorts of ridiculous claims" . Ok, Resistance got very good reviews, and is a great exclusive game, so thats obviously wrong and biased, as the only people that try to pretend its a terrible game are either MS fanboys, or people that don' t like FPS, but he obviously does like FPS because he goes on to mention Halo a bunch.

Erm, dude... Perfect Dark Zero got great reviews and it fucking sucks ass.

Resistance is good but it' s not great. Its certainly not technically impressive and i' d say it' s saving grace s actually the multiplayer.

He then says " killzone sucked before, what made you think we wanted more?" Hmmmmmmmm, might be the fact that it had huge sales. I' m not one to say that proves its a good game, but it does make sense for game makers to make a sequel when their first sells that well.

Ok, in the US Killzone sold approx 735,750 copies. In comparison Halo sold approx 4,888,000 copies. And it' s even more impressive if you take into account just how many more PS2' s there are in the US than Xbox' s.

Now Killzone' s sales weren' t terrible, it' s just hat Halo' s were stellar. Halo 2 has sold approx 6,061,250 copies in the US. Killzone 2 will sell more than the original as it' ll not only build on the first games fanbase but also the hype surrounding it, ...but i don' t expect it to outsell Halo 2.

The main point is that Killzone was rubbish.

Dagashi

RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 04:45

Erm, dude... Perfect Dark Zero got great reviews and it fucking sucks ass.

Resistance is good but it' s not great. Its certainly not technically impressive and i' d say it' s saving grace s actually the multiplayer.

I suppose thats true, but you still can' t say it has no good exclusives. I still think people don' t give resistance enough credit, but thats just my opinion. What I look at is the response from the ps3 userbase, the majority of which rate Resistance very high. Just look on metacritic or any forum free of angry fanboys(you will be able to see the reviews on metacritic made by fanboys with too much time, they rate it around 0 or 1 and rant about how the ps3 sucks etc).

Ok, in the US Killzone sold approx 735,750 copies. In comparison Halo sold approx 4,888,000 copies. And it' s even more impressive if you take into account just how many more PS2' s there are in the US than Xbox' s.

I never meant to compare it to Halo. I just meant that it sold decently, and that is why they are making another. Nothing can really compare to Halo' s sales, other than Madden.
Nitro

RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 05:04
The biggest problem for PS3 right now as far as games go is a serious lack of exclusives. 85% of the EU launch titles are or will be available on 360 too. The remaining 15% consists of super hyped games that are a mixed bag, ...with Resistance, Virtua Fighter and MotorStorm on one side and Untold Legends, Full Auto 2 and Gundam on the other.

Now realistically you only actually need 3 really good games at launch. PS3 has way more. I mean, if i didn' t have a 360 i' d be buying

Virtua Tennis 3
Splinter Dell: Double Agent
Oblivion
Fight Night

...on top of...

Resistance
MotorStorm
Virtua Fighter

...and...

Genji

And 8 games at launch is loads so the launch lineup itself isn' t bad at all, it' s just that there' s a lost of multi-platform and re-hashed stuff and very little else to make the consoles presence known.

If Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Heavenly Sword and Lair had made launch then it' d be a very different story.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 05:48
Avarice, you keep talking about the PS3 userbase. Does that include people who own both a 360 and PS3, or the people who have only bought a PS3 or only bought a 360 and are blindly saying " Oh my god, I can' t believe how good Resitance is" , when in actuality Nitro is correct when he said that the multiplayer is its saving grace.

If you only own either a 360 or just a PS3 you can' t make a qualified statement saying one is better than the other. You have to own both, and play a lot of games of both to get a real feeling of what each machine can do. Only then, can you really compare the 2 and give an intelligent statement.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 06:26
was that weird al yankovich?
Nitro

RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 06:44

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

was that weird al yankovich?

Doc Adams.
Dagashi

RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 06:48

If you only own either a 360 or just a PS3 you can' t make a qualified statement saying one is better than the other. You have to own both, and play a lot of games of both to get a real feeling of what each machine can do. Only then, can you really compare the 2 and give an intelligent statement.

I don' t own a 360 anymore. My old roomate had one, so up until late November I had free access to a 360. So the only game I have missed out on is Lost Planet on the 360.

I plan on getting a 360 once some more games I want come out, so maybe this summer. Also, I want to see if they upgrade it at all, because as is, 20gb is just too small IMO, and I would really like an HDMI version since my reciever and screen use digital inputs.

Aside from that, as far as good FPS go, I think I have a valid background to make an informed opinion. I' ve played basically all of them, when I was 5 I was playing wolfenstein, then doom and so on. Name the FPS, I' ve probably played it, I remember not playing Sin, and it sticks out in my mind because I was told it was a good game and I never did pick it up. I may have missed a few war games here and there, but I' ve played all the notable ones.

So for Resistance, when I say its a good game, I mean it, and I' m comparing it to a huge array of games. I personally find the graphics appealing because its all beautifully detailed, nicely rendered, sharp lines and has the frames per second locked down really well. For me, I love big environments and areas I can see long distances and backgrounds where I can see the detail designers put into the game. That was one turn off for me in games like Half-life and Gears of War. I still really enjoyed both those games however.

Here is how I would rate the recent FPS I played -

Halflife 2 - great storytelling, wonderful progression, top-tier voice-acting, it has all the fun touches of the original, meaning it has all those small things that make you appreciate its heritage(I was so happy hearing the power up stations hum the same way). Fun combat, but not the best AI we' ve seen. Fun weapons, topped off with the amazing anti-grav ray.

Fear - Interesting story, good at setting the mood, very nicely destructable environments, fun firefights(though you have to use slow mo a bit much for my liking), very very well done soldier movements(best I' ve seen in an FPS, I like seeing them actually get hurt from a leg wound etc), best AI I' ve played against so far, and great physics for humans but it doesn' t match the world physics of HL2. Bit lackluster for environments, guns arent exactly new but are done well. A bit short.

Gears of War - Fun story, good at setting a hectic kill fest of a mood, very nice texturing and movements. Amazingly fun firefights in the beginning, after which it starts to taper off(gets a bit annoying to always duck and cover). Some great camera angles. Characters don' t show damage or movement change when being shot for my liking(compared to fear or HL2) so it feels a bit like Quake 4, or Resistance: FoM to a lesser extent. Average AI, feels a bit too much like a computer at times, much like HL2. Better environments than FEAR, but not on par with HL2 or Resistance. Guns shake and feel right, not quite enough of them for my liking, and I wish I could carry more, but thats part of the game, and it is part of what gives it the feel, so I don' t mind that. Of all the games I' ve played recently, it does a great job of making you feel like you are in a warzone, and don' t have time to f*ck around. I wish the physics were better, the UE3 demo' s show that it has the potential, not sure why it wasn' t used(maybe too much time, or too intensive). Also, too short, but it should mean that the next game will be sure to rectify that problem.

CoD 2 - One of my favorite war games. Not as technical as the other 3, but it does what its supposed to pretty well. Don' t want to go into a lot of depth here, as it doesn' t do anything spectacularely well. I guess the smoke is the best I' ve seen in a game so far. Oh, as to why I don' t mention CoD3 instead, its because it isn' t as good IMO.

Anyhoo, I could go on, but I just realised how long this post is. Maybe later I will add what I think are Resistances strong points, and a few others. The whole point of this though is to prove I' ve played a lot of games, and I' m not trying to overhype R:FoM, I just really enjoyed it. Heck, I didn' t even buy it originally, I just borrowed my brothers a couple weeks after launch when he had beaten it. I' m not usually into the whole wierd alien thing vs humans so I didn' t pay attention to it. Needless to say, I loved it and ended up buying a copy.

edit to add to call of duty.
< Message edited by Avarice -- 22 Feb 07 22:50:56 >
mastachefbkw

RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 06:58

So for Resistance, when I say its a good game, I mean it, and I' m comparing it to a huge array of games

You must be easily satisfied by FPS
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 06:59
Good Song I can not lie I laugh it was funny. I say buy all the consoles and have some fun. But I will tell you the real battle starts fall 2007. I will hope for a good battle that way we all win.
Dagashi

RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 07:02

You must be easily satisfied by FPS

So instead of making comments like this, tell me what you enjoy.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 07:05
You' re all taking it a bit too seriously. All the best humor is exaggerated, and this isn' t any different.

< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 22 Feb 07 23:06:30 >
mastachefbkw

RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 07:08

So instead of making comments like this, tell me what you enjoy.

For this generation, just gears. I guess COD 3 is good as far as multiplayer goes. Resistance would have been great... last gen.
Nitro

RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 07:12
How did we move from Killzone to Resistance???

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The PS3 Song - Feb 23, 2007 07:20
Magic and a little bit of luck.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 40

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages