Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PSP more powerfull than Wii?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 53
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 25, 2007 07:21
I played the Japanese version of Crisis Core today and the graphics match, if not exceed anything seen on the Wii so far.

Crisis Core (PSP):

Metroid Prime (Wii)

Now it' s pretty much official - the PSP is not only a better handheld than the DS, it' s also a better CONSOLE than the Wii. It has better games than both combined and better graphics too. Isn' t that just plain embarrassing?

Discuss.

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 25, 2007 07:38
Isnt the PSP like a ps2?

So its kind of the same,but it depends on the developers,im sure Square-enix can maek a even better looking rpg on the wii if they worked on it.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 25, 2007 08:11
Things like this somehow make me think that Wii might be weaker than Gamecube.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 25, 2007 08:15
The PSP does have a much lower resolution than the Wii, so it can look like the graphics are just as " good" with less power to do it since it doesn' t have to worry about pushing as many pixels (7,833,600 pixels per second max for the PSP vs 18,432,000 per second max for the Wii).
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 25, 2007 09:10

The PSP does have a much lower resolution than the Wii, so it can look like the graphics are just as " good" with less power to do it since it doesn' t have to worry about pushing as many pixels (7,833,600 pixels per second max for the PSP vs 18,432,000 per second max for the Wii).

Good point joe , but i still think you' re a retard.
Joe Redifer

RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 25, 2007 11:08
And I should care because.... ?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 25, 2007 11:12
Wow, you played Crisis Core?
Did the gameplay match the amazing graphics?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 25, 2007 11:13
because you don' t know it...
emofag

RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 25, 2007 11:32

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Wow, you played Crisis Core?
Did the gameplay match the amazing graphics?

I played it for like 10 minutes, don' t want to spoil the story so I didn' t go any further than the first area.

It' s an action RPG so the combat is all realtime, the closest thing to the combat would probably be kindgom hearts but a little more complex and with more options.

You switch attack methods on the fly between meleeing, magic, etc. and there is 3 icon slots constantly rolling on the edge of the screen, depending on what they land on you can perform better special moves.

It starts out very similiar to FFVII, you get off the train and arrive at the midgar reactor, the way they positioned the camera angles and such make it looks exactly the way FF7 started, but it' s a training simulation so it isn' t real and you eventually get out of it and go back to the " Real" world where the actual game begins.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 25, 2007 11:36
Crisis core looks fucking sweet. Evil you just convinced me.
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 26, 2007 10:26
FFVll: Crisis Core on the PSP is by far the best looking game to date on the PSP, the wii is powerful enough of a console, but the lack of good quality games is the ut' most dissapointment(Zelda Twilight Princess is alright, playing the Gamecube version is identical to the wii version that is awlful), playing Crisis Core on PSP is like playing another Square-Enix title on a PS2, great visuals,music and enjoyment of satisfaction, I' m half-way to go on the Japanese version, the story by far is incredible, the drama and suspence is addictive, I cannot rest my PSP.
Joe Redifer

RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 26, 2007 14:19
Evilman would LOVE the newest issue of EGM. They have an article about why there are so many crap games on the DS and Wii. They even attack Nintendo again about it in the back of the mag. It also says right on the front cover: " Wii Crap Why bad games are flooding the system" .

And check out the graphic they created to go with the article:

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 26, 2007 15:54
Heh, i bet they stole the content of my posts in Wii threads here for that article...
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 27, 2007 01:02
How about using some more bad quality screens when talking about Metroid.

Seriously the game looks a lot better than those screens show and this topic is also plain stupid really.

Ah well not going to waste my time on this any further.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 26 Sep 07 17:10:56 >
emofag

RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 27, 2007 06:48
I can post more, doesn' t make a difference.

Still looks like a gamecube game.

< Message edited by emofag -- 26 Sep 07 22:48:55 >
Joe Redifer

RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 27, 2007 08:30
Waitaminute... I thought the PSP was LESS powerful overall than the PS2. The PS2 is definitely weaker than the Gamecube.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 27, 2007 11:57

Evilman would LOVE the newest issue of EGM. They have an article about why there are so many crap games on the DS and Wii. They even attack Nintendo again about it in the back of the mag. It also says right on the front cover: " Wii Crap Why bad games are flooding the system" .

And check out the graphic they created to go with the article:

I think many developers are just lazy and figured that the new control scheme would make people not notice their lack of effort. And since Nintendo didn' t really release official specifications, people couldn' t really know what to expect graphically. So developers can easily release bad ports and rushed games and claim that doing better isn' t possible. It would maybe be better if Nintendo had told us more about the console. I have seen some specifications but nothing official I assume.

But on the other hand, the PS2 had a LOT of crap too, as most consoles do. But that doesn' t change the fact that there are some great games for it that make the console interesting. So why an article about it this time?
emofag

RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 27, 2007 13:37
Because PS2 had tons of great games while there isn' t much to play on Wii or DS.

And I' m talking real games only, crap like nintendogs does not count.

The reason Nintendo consoles are getting crap games is because developers have no respect for the systems, they only put games on DS & Wii because of the money, they don' t like those systems. Put yourself in the developer shoes, who would want to develop for crap old hardware when they can be developing on exciting new powerfull hardware?

If I was a developer I would shoot myself if I was forced to make games on ancient DS/Wii hardware, it' s like their stuck back in time and never moving on, while the real developers are gaining experience on current technology they will just get left behind when all is said and done.

< Message edited by emofag -- 27 Sep 07 5:47:39 >
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 27, 2007 20:36

ORIGINAL: emofag

it' s like their stuck back in time and never moving on, while the real developers are gaining experience on current technology they will just get left behind when all is said and done.

Gaining experience on current technology...hahaha that' s a good one.

The only thing they' re doing on 360 and ps3 is raise the graphical limit a bit and the physics. While still using a controller they' ve been using for so many years. Something they can do with their eyes closed.

The hardest challenge for developers right now is to make the Wii-mote work well. There' s never been anything like it before and that pushes them more than an update on graphics.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: PSP more powerfull than Wii? - Sep 27, 2007 20:52

Because PS2 had tons of great games while there isn' t much to play on Wii or DS.

They' re a bit quick to judge. The system hasn' t been out for a year even. The 360 didn' t have anything worth playing practically the first year. PS3 isn' t that magnificent either at the moment but that' s to be expected during the first year of a console. Dreamcast was a bit different on the other hand and had some decent to very good things at or shortly after launch. And Wii did actually have a few games too that got over 9/10. Which isn' t too bad for a first year I think. The PS2 had great games but it didn' t come close to the amount of crap that was released for it.

On a side note, Fatal Frame is also coming to Wii by the way. Grashopper will develop it for Tecmo as soon as they' ve finished No More Heroes. I wonder when he' ll do his collaboration with Kojima for their Project S then.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message