Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Final Fantasy VII
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
Final Fantasy VII - May 20, 2005 15:55
I don' t get it?

Why make a Technical Demo remake of FF7 and not just remake the whole game? Do you know how much more money they would make? Plus, how many fans will pee in thier pants if they would be able to play it like it was meant to be?!? Just to relive the story, this game is what really got me hooked on RPG' s. Before that game, I didn' t like RPG' s at all and I still to this day say that this was the best damn book I' ve ever read. It was so dark and a mysterious mixed up past to the hero. Anyways, I' m done complaining now. Here' s the video
kombatfighter

RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 21, 2005 05:46
Ok, it' s been confirmed that there' s going to be a sequel to the game. Yes, an actual real game sequel and not a movie (Advent Children). Will post more later...
HydroGen

• Total Posts : 52
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 21, 2005 13:42
I only played a little of FF7 at my friends house after watching him say it was ace and found it boring. Then when FF8 came out i watched my same friend playing it and i went out to buy it. If they did remake FF7 i would buy it and i might actually like it this time.
kombatfighter

RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 21, 2005 18:01

found it boring

Obviously you didn' t get to the 2nd disc or on the 3rd disc. Let me put it this way, skipping to FFX. I spent 120hrs on FFX. Why did I? To level up all my characters and finish the side quests. Yes, the graphics were impressing but, the story was just lame. At the end, ALL of my Aeons hit 999,999 on a regular move without doing thier final. I' ll admit the reason I played FFX that much was because of the graphics.

So on FF7, I spent well over 150hrs even tho the stupid timer stops at 99:99:99. All of my characters, magic and Summons are at max. In fact, I am proud to say that I have all 3 master materias. Why did I? The story. There was nothing boring about FF7 or even the musical score. FF7 was so enriched with these stories that came together throughout the game. In fact, I still pick up FF7 and play my all powerful saved file for PS. Anyways dude, you need to make it to the end of the 2nd disc. Where everything changes. Then, you' ll rethink the boring theory. But the real dramatic scene comes on the 3rd disc. That was a killer.

I will agree that in order to beat FF7' s boss, yes that' s an ace. But try beating all of the Weapons. Especially, Water and Desert. I know both tricks to beat them by heart...that' s sad isn' t it? And while you' re at it, go and collect every materia throughout the game. This includes back tracking after the 2nd disc and then mastering all of the materia before you goto the Northern Meteor Mountain to face Sephiroth.
< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 22 May 05 2:05:54 >
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 21, 2005 19:11

Obviously you didn' t get to the 2nd disc or on the 3rd disc. Let me put it this way, skipping to FFX. I spent 120hrs on FFX. Why did I? To level up all my characters and finish the side quests. Yes, the graphics were impressing but, the story was just lame. At the end, ALL of my Aeons hit 999,999 on a regular move without doing thier final. I' ll admit the reason I played FFX that much was because of the graphics.

So on FF7, I spent well over 150hrs even tho the stupid timer stops at 99:99:99. All of my characters, magic and Summons are at max. In fact, I am proud to say that I have all 3 master materias. Why did I? The story. There was nothing boring about FF7 or even the musical score. FF7 was so enriched with these stories that came together throughout the game. In fact, I still pick up FF7 and play my all powerful saved file for PS. Anyways dude, you need to make it to the end of the 2nd disc. Where everything changes. Then, you' ll rethink the boring theory. But the real dramatic scene comes on the 3rd disc. That was a killer.

I will agree that in order to beat FF7' s boss, yes that' s an ace. But try beating all of the Weapons. Especially, Water and Desert. I know both tricks to beat them by heart...that' s sad isn' t it? And while you' re at it, go and collect every materia throughout the game. This includes back tracking after the 2nd disc and then mastering all of the materia before you goto the Northern Meteor Mountain to face Sephiroth.

I don' t normally post in here, but I had to reply to this.

It' s only because of the incredible irony: your numbers are much like mine. I spent 120 hrs. on FF X, for the same reasons you did (although I don' t consider the graphics to be one of the driving reasons behind that invested time). Also, over a span of three or four play-throughs of FF VII, I probably have about 150 hrs. there as well. And it can' t be THAT sad that you have all kinds of things memorized, because I do, too. ;)

I still rank FF VII as the greatest RPG of all time, and in the top 5 of the greatest games of all time. The story, the characters, the world, the gameplay...it was all so well presented, it gives me goosebumps to this day.

HOWEVER, I consider the " dated" graphics to be part of the allure of FF VII, and I honestly don' t see myself getting any added satisfaction out of FF VII simply because of prettier visuals. Part of the experience is those blocky characters and beautiful (for the time) pastel environments; changing that is changing FF VII, even if you keep the rest of the game entirely the same. Call it FF VII vers. 1.5 or something, because it just isn' t FF VII...FF VII is what it is, and that could never be changed, graphical overhaul or no.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 21, 2005 19:18

Part of the experience is those blocky characters and beautiful (for the time) pastel environments;

So what you' re saying is that you' d go absolutely NUTS for a Gameboy Advance version of Final Fantasy VII?
kombatfighter

RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 22, 2005 05:44
Hahah...oh man, Terry. Cool Fathoms. Wow, Fathoms came out from the bottom of the sea and actually posted! Even tho, he has like a 1000 posts, LOL! But this is the first time I' ve seen him post. I think after rpgers play through this whole game, they' ll see why people rate it so high on the top list.
< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 22 May 05 13:51:45 >
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 22, 2005 16:59

Hahah...oh man, Terry. Cool Fathoms. Wow, Fathoms came out from the bottom of the sea and actually posted! Even tho, he has like a 1000 posts, LOL! But this is the first time I' ve seen him post. I think after rpgers play through this whole game, they' ll see why people rate it so high on the top list.

Well, I stay out unless I decide to respond on very rare occasions. Sorry, but I won' t be a regular. Just wanted to reinforce your FF VII appreciation.

And as a general forewarning: don' t expect people in here to agree with your last statement. It' s one of the reasons I don' t post here anymore.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 22, 2005 17:12
You don' t post because people don' t share your exact opinion on a game?
jari

• Total Posts : 6
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 22, 2005 19:23
men is this game good it soooooooo... man its really good and fun.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 23, 2005 04:13

Well, I stay out unless I decide to respond on very rare occasions. Sorry, but I won' t be a regular.

That sucks dUde! You write some bitchin' reviews and definitely have a lot to offer the forums!

I mean not many will agree with many of my game choices, hell maybe only one person here would be foolish enough to like some of those same games - and I' m pretty much the only one here who will swear by the GREATNESS of Virtua Quest but I' ll continue to ' pimp' that game out no matter what! Hat0rz be damned ;)

Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 23, 2005 05:06
It woudn' t surprise me if SquareEnix did remake Final Fantasy VII. Over the past 5 years they' ve remade the first five Dragon Quest games so it' s not as if it' s totally out of the question.

As for Final Fantasy VII. I' m not a fan. I simply couldn' t get into it. However the materia system was excellent.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 23, 2005 13:40
I' m one of the " other people" . Final Fantasy 7=Overrated...beat the game...enjoyed the game, but there are others in the series that are better.
Ganafan

• Total Posts : 19
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 27, 2005 14:34

ORIGINAL: yoshimitsu15

I' m one of the " other people" . Final Fantasy 7=Overrated...beat the game...enjoyed the game, but there are others in the series that are better.

My favorites were 3, 6 (remake of 3), 7, and 8
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 27, 2005 22:53
There was no remake of FF VI, it was simply called FF III in North America. They rereleased it for the playstation as FF VI, but it was the exact same game.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 28 May 05 6:54:03 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 27, 2005 23:08

I' m pretty much the only one here who will swear by the GREATNESS of Virtua Quest but...

Hmmm... Maybe " GOODNESS" or " PRETTY GOODNESS" . Didn' t you read the Gamer' s Manifesto where it was arguing about save points?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 27, 2005 23:11
I' ve personally only gotten through Final fantasy 10. I have both FF9 and FF7 ready to go but I just haven' t had time to play them. My favorite parts of the games are the art direction which I find to be quite possibly the best in the industry and the incredible cut scenes. That' s why I' m so hyped about Advent Children. One huge cinematic with the incredible art style of FFVII. You can' t go wrong there!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 27, 2005 23:13
FF IX had everything I asked for after 7 in it. 4 characters in a party, dragons, humor, and for some reason it just left me flat. THE MOST FORGETABLE antagonist ever in any FF game.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 27, 2005 23:30
I saw some of the last stages over at my friends house and the story seemed to get REALLY wierd at the end. I still want to play it though just to see how it was. Most people I talk to say it' s the second best after 7.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Final Fantasy VII - May 28, 2005 00:35
The reason I prefer FFX to all others is the battle system. The ATB gauge was getting old, and it was time for a change. Even though they stole the system from the Grandia series, it was a nice change of pace. The other cool thing was the way you could customize characters by buying different spells and such.

I really liked FF8 until I figured out that if you just lvled your Summons then you would not beat the game. I got stuck on the boss where Rinoa is attached to it, and all my main moves attacked everything in the vicinity, thus killing Rinoa. I quit playing the game and never picked it up again.

I also think my dislike for FF7 came from me waiting so long to play the game. By the time I had started I had already read how badass some of the cinemas were, and how cool Sephiroth was. Then as I progressed through the game, those parts just seemed average to me. I like the game, but meh...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message