Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 11, 2006 23:44
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745206p1.aspx

They also say the 40 player multiplayer is lag free. it' s a shame I' m sorta burnt out on FPS, or it would interest me, I' d rather see my character (ala gears of war, Lost planet, gun valkrie) but it sounds pretty incredible nonetheless.
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 11, 2006 23:53
Cool i thought it was gonna suffer from major lag but im please to hear that it dosent.

but it sounds pretty incredible nonetheless

Yup i have to say i am becoming a bit of a sound whore.......ITS 60% OF THE EXPERIENCE.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 11, 2006 23:58
Resistance is prolly only the second FPS that I' m really interested in.

I' m alright with the genre, just that I' d like to have something interesting to do (Halo was fun with the Plasma Sword...and Needler XD)

Wish that SOMEONE in Singapore would get a bloody PS3 =/ Should go check out the Sony store again...they' ll prolly have Resistance as well ^^
steptechdotnet

RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 00:20
I must say, i just watched the video review on IGN, and maybe I have to play it myself and hear the story line, because i thoroughly unimpressed, the reveiwer keep going on about how amazing it is but from what i' m seeing it looks completely generic with so so textures silly alien designs & I guess since I could give a rats ass about mutiplayer, that doesn' t grab me either, (haven' t even tried mutiplayer on Gears or Halo 2 yet, only bought them for the single player experience). Well my friends will have it on day 1 so I' ll get some proper hands on, but again halo & half life were the only FPS I could ever get into so maybe they just aren' t my things.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 00:30
Nice. It' s the flagship title for the machine and it looks like it' s delivered on all fronts. Having 40 player online is a huge achievement, hopefully Sony' s online service will grow very quickly and games will be easy to find.

I' m playing through CoD3 on the 360 at the moment and if the PS3 version is close to this then PS3 owners have to awesome games to tide them over until more filter through.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 01:39
40?, isnt that the largest online console game ever? and this is a launch title, imagine what they can do in a few years...
Nitro

RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 01:43

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

40?, isnt that the largest online console game ever? and this is a launch title, imagine what they can do in a few years...

Yeah, maybe they' ll make a graphically impressive 40 layer online game...

But seriously, 40 players online should be awesome. I just hope it' s easy to find servers that full. CoD3 has 24 player online and Huxley will have 200 (unless they cut it back for the console version), but it' s been difficult to find servers that are full so far with CoD3 (though admittedly the game was only released in he EU yesterday). If full servers are a reguar thing in Resistance then it could be the best online console experience yet.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 03:48
" The closest thing PS3 has to a killer app is Resistance. Which sucks, since all we want to do is play Gears of War."
steptechdotnet

RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 04:22

" The closest thing PS3 has to a killer app is Resistance. Which sucks, since all we want to do is play Gears of War."

HA, HA, yeah wasn' t it a guy from 1up that said that, I found that quite humorous also.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 04:23

Yeah, maybe they' ll make a graphically impressive 40 layer online game...

Thing is, its much more impressive looking than any of the 1st gen 360 games and certainly would come in the top five of any 360 game out at the moment.

40 player lagg free, just shows how shit LIVE servers are compared to open independant ones TBH.

Also 40players, with huge draw distance and almost Zero framerate drops is impressive.. And ive noticed Ps3 games seems not to do that horrible " jerk, stuttering" when u stand still and view the maps while turning. (which most 360 games do).

And that game uses less than than 20% of Ps3' s power??

Quez / Fanboys make the most of your smugness.. I would. Cos it wont be long before devs start tapping into PS3' s real power and im sure the difference is giong to be pretty obvious..

(i hope im wrong, but i m sure it will be obvious)
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 04:25
Haha,nah.

It wont.
Nitro

RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 04:39
PS3 won' t surpass 360 from a visual standpoint. Things like physics and 60fps though, that' s a different story.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 06:18
Serously, if anybody is going to start another war here. Let it be about good/bad developers, & not consoles. I don' t know of one regular poster here that wouldn' t play a game because it was on a certain console. Developers make a game, not the machine.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 06:21
Nice review, it' s good to see that people who lay down all that cash have something decent to do with it besides perhaps the odd blu-ray movie.

The only reason that this more impressive than a 360 launch title is obviously due to a longer development cycle, they hardly had to rush it for launch did they?
Also as majik and quez stated, the PS3 really wont come out ahead of the 360, they will do different things better, and maybe an exclusive ps3 title will beat what 360 has in the future, but the 360 will have something that comes out and one ups ps3.

Really people, this isn' t ps2>xbox. Graphical differences will be slight and mostly in part to the dev teams responsible, and porting (as in, made for windows/360 ported to ps3, or vice versa).

As for the lag free thing, i' m skeptical i' m sure there will be lag, it' s all dependent on the internet connections afterall. Not much of a fps multiplayer fan, but i' m glad to see that devs are at least trying with sony network, rather than what the ps2 saw for all it' s promises.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 06:24

As for the lag free thing, i' m skeptical i' m sure there will be lag, it' s all dependent on the internet connections afterall. Not much of a fps multiplayer fan, but i' m glad to see that devs are at least trying with sony network, rather than what the ps2 saw for all it' s promises.
We' ve got uh... Socom.... and uh... Socom 2... and uh.... Ratchet & Clank if you' re into those sorts of games, and uh...[:' (]
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 06:28
lol
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 08:33
I going to single handedly bring doen every server in the resistance game by connecting my ps3 to a 56k dail up connection.

Myes, my evil plan is in unstoppable..
steptechdotnet

RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 08:37

actually the reviewer said they did a good job of masking the lag, not really sure what that means though
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 09:22
40 player online lag free? heh, yeah right

I wont hold my breath for many reasons

* Sony' s new at online, i dont think they could just come out and make it that good

* Its IGN. I stopped believing anything about sony from them. the game could be not even have its graphics finalized, and say, OHHH MY TEHH GODZORZ ITS THE BESTERESTEST, ITS SONY ITS GONNNA ROXORZ

*40 player online, with no lag is just unbelievable. Ill believe it when i see it.
Nitro

RE: IGN gives Ressistance a 9.1 score - Nov 12, 2006 09:26

40 player online lag free? heh, yeah right

I wont hold my breath for many reasons...

... *40 player online, with no lag is just unbelievable. Ill believe it when i see it.

So you' re saying Bungie won' t be able to make 64 player multiplayer happen?! Thats what they said they' re aiming for...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message