Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mario Baseball...Need I Say More?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 26, 2004 19:23
Mario Baseball Revealed (GCN)
Nintendo is teasing us with new screens, but no info.
By Rainier Van Autrijve | Nov. 24, 2004

Well we' ve had Mario Golf, most recently Mario ' Power' Tennis, so handing sporty spice Mario a baseball is not too much of a stretch.

Nintendo is planning to release Mario Baseball somewhere in 2005, but apart from that there are not many details available at all.

The screens do all the talking for now, as apart from Mario himself, we can make out the usual characters such as Yoshi, Luigi, Bowser, Wario, Peach Koopa, and Waluigi. There also seems to be some sort of power swing similar to what we have seen in Mario Golf and Mario Power Tennis.

Mario Baseball is being developed by Namco, no stranger to the sport as they make Family Stadium Baseball in Japan, known in the U.S. as RBI Baseball.

To see game pics, click here.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 11/26/2004 7:25:45 PM >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 26, 2004 19:40
hmm not a baseball fan here, hope they move to basketball,footballl, and soccer soon
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 26, 2004 20:19
So Mario and co mess about once again playing a nonsensical sport. First golf then tennis now baseball and next bloody cricket (that last one I made up).

You don' t see Sonic and friends having a beach volleyball tournament. I wish Nintendo would just get on with their Mario 128 already.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 26, 2004 23:32
And as with most mario games, Mario Baseball will NOT be programmed by Nintendo, but instead by Cum-a-lot.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 27, 2004 19:39
They should stop with this stupid idea of MArio sports.

So far there was only 1 mario adventure game on Game Cube.Y not remake Mario 64 for the game cube or just make NEW Mario games.

Remake Mario 2 or 3 if they ran out of ideas.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 27, 2004 19:48
Well the thing is with the majority if not all of Mario' s spinoffs Nintendo have left programming duties to another firm (Camelot in most cases for the sports games, Hudson for the Party series). It' s not as if having all these spin offs is using up valuable resources that could be used to make an all new Mario game.

I would love to see an all new proper Mario game though. As brilliant as Sunshine was I would like to see Mario' s next 3D adventure to be more akin to Mario 64.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 27, 2004 19:57
Exactly if they make mario Games as revolutionary as Mario 64 was.Gamecube can be on top.

aslo instead of making Donkey Konga Bullshit make a decent Donkey Kong game.

There making these bullshit party and dancing games that make no sence.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 27, 2004 20:15
i dont like baseball but i liked the tennis game and i would like to see a football mario game.Now that would be cool
whatabout_paul

RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 27, 2004 20:56
Camalot or come-a-lot ey? This games producer is Namco, apaprently. More fool to them.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 27, 2004 22:36
Wow when I heard of this I thought it was a joke Hahah. But wow man Mario Baseball who would of thought..... Looks good though but I don' t see how it will be frantic like Mario Power Tennis. It might not be really fun multiplayer because Baseball turns many people off... I don' t know need to wait and see.
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 30, 2004 17:58
you ppl are missing the WHOLE point all together. these games are not made for you. once you see that fact, it will all make sence. these games are made for kids. Mario party, tennis,golf, fighting. these are geared towards kids. think of it as " My First (input genre here)" it is to help kids find things adults to more fun.( why is daddy/mommy playing that game all the time?) if you give a game like Mario Whatever He Is Doing Now game to Him/Her then they can have fun too.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 30, 2004 18:29
Interesting observation, IORI YAGAMI1211...

I can see your point...but there ARE some of us grownups that like Mario games, too!

I guess it' s the kid in all of us...
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Nov 30, 2004 23:04
I' d have to disagree with you Yori.

Whilst these games will appeal to children, they have enough gameplay, fun and depth to appeal to everyone.
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Dec 01, 2004 01:22
Mario is the best but i cant stand base ball. it' s not that i dont like sport games it' s just i had a bad experience with sport games when i was a child (has a flash back)
also to me it' s so hard to control and dont sport games because to me i get bored and just stop trying so hands down .
Starman Anthony

RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Dec 01, 2004 01:58
Oh IORI YAGAMI1211 I see your point also but it' s just so hard to let go of Mario when you have practicaly played his games all your life. It doesn' t matter if it' s for kids... They really aren' t for kids.. they are for everybody wether you are 5 or 40. Also Mario games are soo much fun. Take Mario Power Tennis. That game is the shi* when you have 3 other people playing with you.. it' s a great party game and stuff. So don' t go saying Mario games or the sport games are for kids. They are everybodys and anybodys game. But I guess if you see it that way I really can' t change your mind.
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Dec 01, 2004 17:29
-
<message edited by vanswa garbutt on May 30, 2012 06:30>
Starman Anthony

RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Dec 01, 2004 22:48
Yup I respect Mario and his universe. Mario can virtually make any type of game fun. That' s why those sports games that people thought were boring and never would play a Golf game were proved wrong because Mario made them more fun. Oh and don' t say it' s retarded because Mario too needs a break from the saving the Princess thing or the world heh.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Dec 04, 2004 21:02
I' d have to say I like Mario, but Nintendo' s going too far. Mario in the realm of sports? Unbelievable! First of all, I' m not a baseball fan, so Mario baseball is not of interest. Second of all, the combination of " Mario" and " baseball" doesn' t not match anywhere in my mind. The picture of Mario " swinging a" Golf is a whole lot better than Mario " swinging a" Baseball bat. Sorry Nintendo for such criticism. Is it because Nintendo is desperate in the console arena that it has developed such fantasies? If there' s a bad side, then there is also a good side. There is at least 1 person who enjoys ANY Mario sports game. So, it is not all negative for Nintendo. Maybe Mario is so well known that Nintendo is expanding it to the outer limits .
whatabout_paul

RE: Mario Baseball...Need I Say More? - Dec 05, 2004 00:43
It does seem like a very cheap way of selling sports games. " Lets put Mario in them!"

It' s all off the back of Mario Kart which to my knowladge was the first time Mario had deviated from his platform roots. (Or was there a Gameboy Tennis and Dr. Mario before that).

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll