Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie?
xander_lim

• Total Posts : 36
do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - May 31, 2006 16:31
can i hear your opinion regarding that question?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - May 31, 2006 18:52
It' s just a movie. If it is anti-Jesus, then that' s fine. In fact, who cares? Nobody made a fuss with how pro-Jesus The Passion of the Christ was.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - May 31, 2006 22:43
....i find it funny how the masses generally don' t believe in or know f*ck all about Christ, God or the true nature of religion, but idiotically, believe in the da vinci code...

...f*cking idiots... ..Do you know that the Book is located in the FICTION section of bookstores?....

...read some real history books before you start running your celebrity obsessed bullsh*t mouths about the da vinci code...

..... f*ckers...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - May 31, 2006 23:51
I haven' t read the book or seen the movie. Can someone make a gist of it, it can' t be that hard can it
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - May 31, 2006 23:53
The story' s not true, the author readily admits that.

Repeatedly...

However, saying that something is anti-christian doesn' t mean it' s true or false. Propaganda doesn' t have to be true, just compelling.

Is the movie anti-Christ propaganda? No. The author isn' t trying to make you think any way negative about Christ. In fact, he seems to have the utmost respect for Jesus, by the tone of the movie.

The church might get a little pissed though. They' re really protective of their silly little dogmas.

My personal opinion is that even if the events of the movie were true, it doesn' t matter, Christ' s message remains the same. That' s the whole point of the religion, the message, not the gossip about his personal life.

Whatever. I' m not even a christian, lol.
nekkid_monkey

RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - May 31, 2006 23:55

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

I haven' t read the book or seen the movie. Can someone make a gist of it, it can' t be that hard can it

Jesus got married to Mary Magdelene and had kids, and there' s a big cover-up about it. Tom Hank' s character is a decendant and finds out the truth.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - May 31, 2006 23:56
Is that it? That doesn' t sound very exciting...
nekkid_monkey

RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - May 31, 2006 23:58

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

hahaha. It isn' t, unless you' re a church fanatic.
It' s like Dogma, but it' s not funny.
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 31 May 06 15:59:14 >
Bishonen

RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - Jun 01, 2006 00:01

.....what if i said that the books author, Dan Brown is likely to die in unusual circumstances?....
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - Jun 01, 2006 01:45
Dan Brown (according to him) wrote it in that way to cause the community to discuss sprituality and religion again. I honestly loved the book (and I' m christian if that matters at all) and the movie but I can see why people would get upset. Mainly because the fact the ignorant will believe this movie/book and all it says. There is actually a disclaimer at the end of the movie (after the credits) that says that all the information is fake.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - Jun 02, 2006 04:12
!
o o
rД
We' re still talking about this!? I thought everyone who thought it was heretic died of hunger from striking against the film, died of hunger from refusing to shop at places where the book' s sold, or died of papercuts distributing leafelets about a moot point, that it' s fiction and shouldn' t be believed.
< Message edited by Die_Hounderdoggen -- 1 Jun 06 20:15:30 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - Jun 02, 2006 04:55
Ginjuoru,basically what he means is that some girl who is written in some texts that got throwned away by the church in 300 AD when trying to come up with what was supposed to be the bible, was from mary magdalene,while she and christ seemd to be love with each other in those letters.

Also da vinci who was in a secret club,has a painting of christ and mary magdalena which goes together perfetly if you put her next to christ.

However dan brown just mix weird theories,for ex.
he claims that the church suddenly one day decied to kill off the tempel knights which he hints found mary magdalens grave in Jerusalem.

Well,actually,phillpie asked the pope if he could force the templar knights into loaning him money,but he refused,but when he died, a new pope that was a childfrien to france king(philpe) decied to kill off the templar knights cause of heresy and to get their lands and money.

The thing was,templar knights had been seen spitting on christ symbol,however that was not for being anti crhsit,but for learning on how to think with the mind and not the body if being captured by the muslims in the holy land.

Ofc that really pissed off the church that they would do things like that,ofc it was trainin which we get today,but they hide it or was to dumb to get it at that time,and ofc killed them off while taking the land/money to philpe.

But dan brown ofc hints that the templar knights was killed for knowing the secret about mary magdalene but thats not true at all.

However only around 130 templar knights was capture out of 3000,at the same day templar ships dissapear and members that the church never found.

Ofc dan hints that they went to schweiz,which isn' t a dumb theory caue the templar started as a bank/securyitas organisattion,and look at swiss flag,basically templar flagg but opposite,they could have landed there.

However there is many errors in the book,like that the mirror pyramid was build with 666 mirrors to hint on the devil symbol which is also a godess symbol which lead to godess " mary magdalen" the probelm is,the pyramid has 668 mirrors,dan miss counted them.

But its a good story,but no one should take it seriously.

Could mary magdalena and jesus been a couple?
And had a daughter?
Lets put away the religion and look at the history and text' s that the church changed,and destroyed cause it made jesus look like a human,and then changed her into a prostitue in the bible,yes it could have happend.
I assume...

But you could assume 10000 things about things in histroy and relgion.

Muhammed was married to a 6 year kid,when he was like 30 or 40.
People with muslim faith says he did so because he wanted to give her a better life,while some other people says its because muhammed well...you can guess.

We can all assume things that anti religion.
And come up with stories.'
However dan made a good story,but a story none should take seriously.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 1 Jun 06 20:59:01 >
Bishonen

RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - Jun 02, 2006 05:41

But you could assume 10000 things about things in histroy and relgion.

...aha! another clue!!...
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - Jun 02, 2006 07:31
" It' s just a movie. If it is anti-Jesus, then that' s fine. In fact, who cares? Nobody made a fuss with how pro-Jesus The Passion of the Christ was."

No instead they made a fuss about how it was anti-jewish. No one complains when its pro something, its when something that people care about is being portrayed negatively where we have a problem.

As for the Davinci code, I have yet to read the book or see the movie so I won' t comment.
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - Jun 02, 2006 20:26
[EDIT] Actually, nevermind. The whole topic of religion gets me riled up. I' m staying quiet. :)

Haven' t seen the film or read the book yet anyhoo, reserving judgement til I have.
< Message edited by Stephen Rowley -- 2 Jun 06 12:30:26 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: do u think da vinci is an anti-christ movie? - Jun 02, 2006 21:27
Some people just try their damnest to protect the " ignorant masses" . Yes, the book is fiction (and thusly, so is the movie). Yes, the people complaining about it know that. The fact of the matter is that they don' t want people going to see it and believing what they see. They know that people are weak-minded imbiciles, and that they won' t actually want to learn about the history of Jesus and the Templar Knights, but rather just comment and spread what they saw in the movie theater, like they' re experts.

Basically, people are dumb.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message