Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read! - May 28, 2003 21:31
Sorry mate, I think this guy' s thick as two planks. This review is shit!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read! - May 28, 2003 23:10
That review absolutely sucked[:' (]
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 5/28/2003 11:10:25 PM >
Jennifer K

• Total Posts : 24
RE: The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read! - May 29, 2003 15:47
I actually think that review is funny.

It' s obviously done in the crassest means possible.

The irony of it all is that all of the things he moaned about in the second film was a reaction to the fact that he liked it so much in the first one - the bullet time, the oracle, the whole cool element of it - and now realises what a c**k he is.

Nevermind, tho as i said - quite funny and entertaining in parts.
Beef Shala

• Total Posts : 89
RE: The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read! - May 30, 2003 16:40
This review was trying too hard to portray the movie in as negative a light as possible. A lot of the comments were funny as hell though and if you fish through the anger, he makes a lot of good points.

- This movie was not very good.
- A lot of the characters were pointless to this movie (maybe they will serve purpose in the Revolutions): see The Kid, Persiphone (I think that is right), most of the people in Zion, why is Agent Smith here, etc.
- Some fight scenes were there, just to keep us awake through all of the boring, circular dialogue. see the scene before meeting the Oracle. Neo fights that guy for like 5 minutes, so that he can prove that he is " the One" . Hello, the Oracle didn' t have a bodyguard in the first Matrix and she has met Neo before. And she nows everything, she could have just sensed him and said that, " yea, that' s the guy - let him in" .
- A lot of the dialogue was ridiculously confusing and just served to lengthen an already winding movie and confuse us even more. see the Oracle, " I know that you know what the answer is and I know what your answer is, but you knew that already" .
- What is up with the tribal Zion orgy? Is this the remaining freed humans or some Ecstacy induced rave in Miami?
- Why is Neo fighting people? He erased Agent Smith in the first movie; he can rewrite the Matrix. Why is the all powerful One throwing finger jabs and roundhouse kicks when he can obliterate all attackers with a thought?

- With all respect, the highway chase was the coolest car chase I have ever seen - hands down. It saved the movie. It was one of the few action sequences that had purpose and actually advanced the plot, instead of slowing it down.

In conclusion, this movie was a huge letdown. The first Matrix pushed the envelope with a tight plot, innovative action sequences, ground breaking special effects, and good dialogue - Reloaded felt like a rehash that couldn' t live up to the standards of the first.

The plot got too loose; we went from following the journey of the Nebuchanezzar and finding Neo to meeting 250,000 Zionist, running into everyone who made the Matrix. The first one was compact with the small cast - this felt too ambitious.

The action sequences were just blah. The fight scenes were OK,but didn' t push the envelope. I didn' t see anything that wasn' t in the first movie or Max Payne and Dead to Rights. Except of course for the car chase.

Bullet Time has been seen too much. Sure the W Brothers should use it since they created it, but we gotta see something else.

And the dialogue, blah - see the tired on the Oracle above.
Rampage99

RE: The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read! - May 30, 2003 18:56
It seems that everyone liked the first movie but their complaints about the second often turn out to be what was good in the first movie. The diologue, it was the basis of the first and it had people leaving the theater with headaches but everyone loved it. I heard lots of complaints about the first not having enough fighting and now that they add it everyone is angry. Bullet time is the biggest factor of the first and if you ask me it looked even better this time around. Sure it had its problems-Neo not using his powers like he should, and the gay rave but other than that the movie can' t be bashed if people liked the first one.
Beef Shala

• Total Posts : 89
RE: The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read! - May 30, 2003 19:24
You are right about the Bullet Time - it did look better and more detailed this time around.

The Matrix Reloaded had all of the elements that made the first Matrix so great, but it just wasn' t able to pull it off nearly as well as the first movie did. The first Matrix had a balance between the effects, the plot, and the dialogue that Reloaded wasn' t able to mimic. It got too heavy on pointless fight/action scenes and forgot that a tight plot was part of why we all loved the first movie.
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read! - May 30, 2003 21:51
Everyone is entitled to their own views. And I found it Very funny, well what I read of it anyway. I couldn' t get myself to get to the end. Anyway my opinion is that the film rocks and thats that!!

I may even see it a 5th time this week if I can pursuade my family to go (I really want them to see it, and i' ve bored most of my friends with it).

i really need a hope copy of the film, but it doesnt look like the DVD will be out till WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY after Revolutions is out. And downloaded copies suck!

Anyway time to get back to reality!
Rampage99

RE: The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read! - May 31, 2003 02:31

ORIGINAL: Beef Shala

You are right about the Bullet Time - it did look better and more detailed this time around.

The Matrix Reloaded had all of the elements that made the first Matrix so great, but it just wasn' t able to pull it off nearly as well as the first movie did. The first Matrix had a balance between the effects, the plot, and the dialogue that Reloaded wasn' t able to mimic. It got too heavy on pointless fight/action scenes and forgot that a tight plot was part of why we all loved the first movie.

Yeah, the story did shake a little and some of the fighting was a little pointless, but it was cool none the less. I think expectations were just too high and that is why everyone is picking at it so much. Just take it for what it is. If you don' t sit there and tear at it the movie is awesome.
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read! - May 31, 2003 17:14
Today I was reading a Preview on Revolutions. As much as I love both the Matrix and Reloaded, to be truthfull I feel Revolutions is being released too soon. I wish they wait till January. This will give alot more people a chance to enjoy reloaded. It feels revolutions is being rushed a bit. I know they have finished filmign it, but LOTR:Three Kings, was also filmed a while back, and that trilogy is being released slowly.

Rampage99

RE: The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read! - May 31, 2003 18:40
Many people were angry with the cliff hanger ending and the Brothers new this. That is why they are releasing it so early. I' m personally happy it is coming that quickly.
Picko

• Total Posts : 5
RE: The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read! - Jun 26, 2003 06:38
lol...excellent review
Dear Azel

• Total Posts : 4
RE: The BEST Matrix Reloaded review I' ve read! - Jul 07, 2003 10:02
Aggravogueaddocius... that' s absolutely hilarious! God I love this review! I generally agree with him that it isn' t a good movie, but I knew that when I went into the theater, considering the 1st one and the trailers and posters and all. I just went to have a raucous good time laughing at all the nonsense and pretention one movie could throw at me.

I mean think about it, when their movie poster looks more like a Dolce & Gabana advertisement for new leather trenchcoats you gotta konw that this movie bought it' s own hype and is headding into the crapper.

The 1st was hilarious, the 2nd even more so. It' s just a pity more young men can' t find the humor in outrageous things anymore. Everything must be better, badder, faster, more, and on top of all that original! Bull. It' s all been done before, it' s just this time it' s done with psychobabble from Psychology Today by characters who are fashion models for Vanity Fair advertisements. Honestly, it' s hard to think of a more amusing combination. =D

Aggravogueaddocius, god i love that. Next time I ever play a World of Darkness game that' s gonna be my characters name. It' s just that good. I pissed myself with laughter when I first heard it. Fantastic.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll